1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Project: FPA [Fair PvP Awareness]

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by vRisen, Sep 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isin

Isin Zerg me plox Forum Legend

will never happen. Too many idiots on the server.

2 people like this.
  2. The Ablazed

The Ablazed Banned

I would definetly ignore this system and attack people regardless of if it was fair or not

And just because you don't like the way people pvp doesn't give you a right to call them idiots or anything of the sort.
    Who knows, in their minds they might think you're a retard for trying to fight 1 v 1.

4 people like this.
  3. neverwinter

neverwinter ~sweet and simple~ Forum Legend

it's a nice suggestion and i'd like to support this. actually when alone and outnumbered, i usually would ask '1-1?' or '1v1?'. unfortunately no one has ever agreed to it, well there was one before, but i got jumped on by 2 sins in the middle of a 1v1 ><

so you see, it may not be doable as no one cares about fairness on this server. there's no honor among players. no one cares about reputations. it's like asking the hackers to stop hacking or dupers to stop duping. also, i think at least 70-80% of players don't even visit the forums.

as a consolation, the situation is a bit better here in aion. in an mmo i played before, pwi, theres global pvp on entire maps. if a large and powerful legion or alliance decided to KOS(kill on sight) you or your legion(for any flimsy reason), its next to impossible to even go out of the city and quest or level or do anything.

so, like i suggested before on alente's thread(don't know what happened to it now), fair play can only be guaranteed in pvp arenas or xVx pvp instances. if it's implemented(either ncsoft or gamez), it would change the pvp in aion forever.

6 people like this.
  4. cutetanks

cutetanks Death's Secretary ♥ Forum Legend

LOL like actual group v group pvp? impossible if you're willing to go out and do group v group you will get zerged >_>like the fact that i noticed when ever you kill some one from the oposite faction there will be a shout in /3 saying

/3 OMG!!!! ZERGGGGGG halp!!!!!! Location GO THERE PLIZZZ

GG!

1 person likes this.
  5. timtaylor

timtaylor Getting there

Would never work. I bet even people in this thread would ignore the calls for 1v1. Seen several post from people btching about "newb zergers everywhere" but then when I log in, they're sitting right in that very zerg.

2 people like this.
  6. avengedsevenfold

avengedsevenfold New Member

OMG yes so meny zerg noobs...IT NOT FUN and they need to stop.

lol thank you

7. vRisen

vRisen Banned

The only time I'm ever in a zerg is in fort wars. Everyone knows what they're getting into if they pvp there, so if they die it's their own fault.

The problem is zergs going to areas where there aren't any other zergs around.

I've tried to get attention when I'm running from 3 groups in SC by going "1v1?" or ":(((."

No good. :/

8. Kymiloi

Kymiloi Retired

the ideea its good
    but u RELY THINK that everyone will respect it?whitout a Gm's Power, then wont respect it

9. asmo442

asmo442 Proficient

I have always been a proponet of, "Trespassers will be shot on sight. Survivors will be shot again."

None of this, "Oh please sir, 1v1, please sir, dont zerg meh in duh mmo game sir because i'm to annoying to make friends and play the game the way it was designed."

Morons who complain about zergs in mmos probably cry when they eat glass and cut themselves.

1 person likes this.
  10. Ladien

Ladien The Last Karate Baby

nice though, but will never work. as long as your an enemy, they'll just shout, "kill the b*tch! rawr!"

then shout "woof!"

sweet, aight?

1 person likes this.
  11. Plechac

Plechac Proficient

I have found my own timetables when I am able to get decent 1vs1 or 1vs2 ...

Personally I have made macros :

1bw1 ... krph ioe llju rlnh jdhwd !

means : 1vs1 .... come and fight like Daeva !

But meeeh it never worked so far :D ...

Also it is good to make praising macro
    orre 1bw1 .. krph ijdlo emmm hh e8 lrs ge
    Means : Good 1vs1 .. come again will be w8 for ya

So few people actualy understands what "+" means :( .....

Want some more PvP polite people !!!

P.S. those macros are for Ely to say something to the asmo ...

12. Ladien

Ladien The Last Karate Baby

i prefer," 1 on 1 noob!!" it works fine :D

1 person likes this.
  13. Archsatan

Archsatan Yoza

hey sir im gay and this will neber happn becuz nobdy listns in pvp and we are RA TARDS.

14. TrueSeph

TrueSeph Proficient

Not gonna work even remotely consistently, I can't believe once in my time within these threads, I'm actually going to agree with some people like Ablazed for once. As always and lets beat the same bush again, within a massive mmorpg, you simply can't expect their to be honorable 1v1's going around when situations allow for more then one person to attack and smash you to pieces.

Not to mention something like this would be greatly abused if it were universally implemented. Imagine High ranking officers, generals and govenor sitting their constantly hitting "1's" like nobodies business just to save their own skin and rank whenever they were outnumbered. You don't think this concept wouldn't be taken advantage of? It would without question.

I'm curious if anyone here has seen competitive gaming before? As someone who's had three older brothers who used to sleep, eat, and drink competitive gaming, especially fighting games, they used to do things in competition that made me go "Hey, why did you keep doing that, it looks so...cheap/unfair?"

Their reply was simple "It's part of the game, it's a strategical advantage, the game doesn't count your honor or dishonor points, all it counts is to whomever has life at the end wins, while the one whose life is completely depleted loses" Once I grasped onto that logic, things became a lot more clear.

Sure, different gaming genre, but some of those concepts still apply here. In Aion's situation, 6v1, 10v1, 40v1, it doesn't matter. Kill or be killed, otherwise keep getting bitter, frustrated or annoyed by the fact that there's zergs where you want to go. Learn to realize that NcSoft made these rifting areas with the concept and understanding of knowing that these will directly result in large scale assaults, and quite frankly that was intentional.

The sooner you let go of the concept that you can somehow get only, or on the majority 1v1 situations in Aion, and realize that massive pack hunts will most likely occur, things will be a lot better for you. Otherwise wait until 2.7, when NcSoft is going introduce PvP Arena's in which you can 1v1 to your hearts content.

Lastly, calling other people idiots/losers for zerging is I'm sorry, the real stupidity here. At least they're enjoying Aion for what it is, at least they I'm sure have realized that the concept of kill or be killed in Aion is never fair. So keep on tapping your 1's or 2's or 3's or 4's or whatever, because if I'm with a group, expect me to be a part of that mob that lynches you, and if I get zerged by 10+, who really cares, it's a part of the gameplay.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
    3 people like this.
  15. Zee

Zee Banned

Like you were the first suggesting this idea Togi.
    Anyways... take a look at the population of Gamez, and at most of the players' mentality as in spamming NOOB after killing someone in 1v30, then ask yourself again, is it going to work?

1 person likes this.
  16. kcstep2

kcstep2 Getting there

Well we just had a 2v4/5 and were holding our own for a while. It was fun, unfortunately our kisk timed out somewhere in the middle of it so we couldn't go back to it. But it was quite fun even though we were outnumbered. I just hate it when it becomes a zerg. It just becomes annoying, ESPECIALLY when it's on Asmo side it scares the Ely away and I get bored again.

17. TheShaikan

TheShaikan Banned

i laughed, if they implement this the players will be like

adding story:

*1 player walks around. in the coming 7 minutes, a massive zerg formed of 28 players comes from over a hill and starts chasing him. Our "Hero" types "+" fast so he makes sure he will have a fair fight. every1 stops for a sec. the members of the zerg have a chit chat in which the hero thinks they choose who will fight him. after 0.38 seconds the zerg jumps on the "Hero" and pwn him. The End.*

2 people like this.
  18. ktavas

ktavas Getting there

to everyone who thinks that this 'll never happen cause ppl dont care etc... What do we have to lose if we try this? Have a gm make a few announcements regardin this matter ingame and see what happens. I bet that most ppl wont follow this but some will and they might attract others later on and so on... If it works everyone goes happy, if it doesn't same as things r now!! Just my opinion.:kewl:

19. Zherlthsh

Zherlthsh New Member

this project has no solid ground to support it
    as others have stated namely Aegis, you have failed to gasp the reality in the game as TrueSeph has stated most games' concept is killed or be killed as long as your not breaking any rules of that specific game.
    if playing GamezAion is only giving you frustration/stress/rage then I suggest you find another game
    ps. you want fair 1v1 and dont wanna be zerged all the time? play arcade/console fighting games

1 person likes this.
  20. MegaCaster

MegaCaster New Member

It's a good idea but yeah, no non self respecting "RA TARDS" would do it since everyone in gamez is just AP hungry :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.