1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ground PVP

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by zer0patches, Aug 12, 2010.

1. zer0patches

zer0patches Proficient

Yes, we will continue to be a free fly server. Just want to create some new variety. =p

-zp

2. tyman

tyman Well-Known Member

would it be possible, to give ppl a patch so they wont get stuck, and implement silentera canyon? b/c it already has "barriers" to stop camping and should be open pvp, and it big enough to have alot off ppl in it

3. zer0patches

zer0patches Proficient

Unfortunately geo data is lacking so the getting stuck problem is an issue, you can always return or use a scroll. It's the reason blink has not been fixed because it;s possible to blink into a solid object.

I will be looking at all instances as possibilities. Also you will be getting new instances with the update as well.

-zp

4. tyman

tyman Well-Known Member

in the beta section chlora had given us a patch to stop the geo blinking thing, i was in silentera for a while, and i never got stuck

5. Fright

Fright Proficient

Awesome :)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  6. zer0patches

zer0patches Proficient

It's possible, I just haven't looked into it. Busier trying to the core updated and tested so we have a smooth transition than anything else at the moment.

I have one bug to fix a couple xml files to merge and a little more testing and hopefully will be done tonight.

-zp

7. hitkill

hitkill Well-Known Member

Bit of advice for silentera most clients wouldn't support it because it is a 2.0 map and not in the client so you wil need to make a new installer for gamez to get it working.

8. Mercykiller

Mercykiller Well-Known Member

Best way would be to make entrances completely random. If it's at all possible with the game code...

Though honestly I think it'll be harder to camp the teleport without freefly, if NPCs are defending it. Not impossible, just harder.

Oh, and DP is too small for any good PvP... map has to be at least as big as Eltnen/Morheim

9. AchilleS

AchilleS Proficient

just want to share this guys, i've been playing other aion private server, they have the following for pvp area:
    1.Group pvp in BattleGround. u will enter in some area they created for. u hav to registered ur group in one npc in reshanta.
    but this SS is for Guild vs Guild.
    [​IMG]
    2.No fly in Beluslan map. this is where they do the battle ground. they waited for a rift to appeared.
    watch the video http://www.youtube.com
    /watch?v=NXWDXGmydzw

hope our server will be this updated soon....

10. Pein

Pein New Member

I'm all for this. I really miss ground pvp since Dredgion hasn't been working

11. zer0patches

zer0patches Proficient

Thanks for the info. There's the answer, can't use it it's 2.0. Were not going to modify NCSOfts/Aions files so you will have to wait on 2.0 for that instance.

-zp

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Nice.

-zp

12. hitkill

hitkill Well-Known Member

On this part i have 1 thing to say Item.pak.
    And it is just using the 2.0 map.pak if needed just look at AU and search in the for it under datapack contributes

13. Revoultion

Revoultion Well-Known Member

sure, do it. i dont care players who want ground pvp will have their own zone .

14. zer0patches

zer0patches Proficient

The item pack is not hosted or modified by gamez. If users want to change it, it's between them and ncsoft.

-zp

15. Autumn

Autumn Banned

DP sounds perfect, imo. Eltnen would be too big, since it wouldn't be used as a pve map. Why should you have to run ten minutes just to reach the battle?

16. Mercykiller

Mercykiller Well-Known Member

I dunno. Not everyone likes mass PvP so i guess more space would make it more scarce. Then again if this is solely FOR mass PvP then it's better to have a smaller map.

17. vRisen

vRisen Banned

Watch that vid, that's EXACTLY how rifting is on retail / other servers, it'll be the same here!
    Now you see why I tried so hard to get supporters for it, it's just amazingly fun!

Edit: I miss ground PvP so much, that video makes me want to cry. =[

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  18. Ryokushen

Ryokushen New Member

That video looks pretty awesome. :w00t:

19. Kanaka

Kanaka Proficient

I very much am looking forward to some ground pvp. Had hopes for dredgion when arrived here, but was a let down with spawn point camping.

When I joined this server, LOVED the free fly, as dont always like pvp in abyss. But I also missed the ground pvp. As long as one isnt given up for the other, I am all for this.

But tbh here, there are so many other needed fixes to this game right now. Been here long enough to make a full account of 55's to test all classes (Still would like to fully test out an SM 0.o!) Shooting through walls still a anti pvp thing for me. Skills that dont work on alot of the classes (or purposely omitted, idk). And I have been away for a couple days to come back to a server that looks odd. Names are blurry, graphics not as clear, I found myself leaning into the screen to see things, in the end, left game. I will be back to check again to see if this is cleared up by tomorrow. Prior to this, was an awesome looking game.

I know there is alot to be done here yet, and I am patient. (have to be, i guess)

Anyway, thumbs up Zero for getting ground pvp moving, and yes, alot of us dont always check forums on a daily basis. There are many in game that dont come to express a want for ground pvp. Will be awesome to have best of both worlds :kewl:

20. vRisen

vRisen Banned

Like I said. =)