1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Temp DAMAGE

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by moaka64, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daknin

Daknin Getting there

So, this is my one month annual post, in which I have to express my opinion on (what seems to be) a very important topic on this server. As the unbiased little fellow that I am.

Lets take a look at some of the things that I'm pretty sure that we have all noticed in GameZ lately.

• People have been quitting other classes and re-rolling as other classes due to obvious imbalances that will... maybe never be fixed.
    • Dramatic increase in the population of Templars and Gladiators in-game.
    • Population of scout classes decreasing.
    • People have quit trolling about the 'ARMOR NURF', which (supposedly) made gladiator and templars 'less' effective.
    • Scout classes are much less effectiveness in solo pvp than were before.
    • Gladiator's ability to do more damage than scout classes.
    • Gladiator's ability to use heavy armor and shields, coupled with very effective battle heals and defensive skills make them perfect for tanking through zergs.
    • Gladiator's ability to use "ankle snare" which is now -permanent- rendering kiting and back-stab ineffective.
    • Shield Bash unavoidable (Even with evasion skills up).
    • Agonize un-pottable (rendering hide useless for 60 seconds).
    • Running skills are much less effective than before, making kiting and escaping from zergs near impossible.
    • Scout classes have to rely on potions to stay alive, being that they have the least effective "battle heals" in all of Aion.
    • Scout classes damage has been reduced.
    • Sorc now more powerful than ever. Being able to 1-2 hit a lot of their opponents.
    • Templar are now able to crit for 8k with BP. Making them even more battle efficient than sorcerers.
    • Doom Lure (30 second CD) (Para works now) making Shield Bash (1m CD) almost completely unavoidable, making Break Power (16 second CD) almost completely unavoidable.

I would explain further about this subject, but I don't feel as if it's deemed necessary.

2. HEX

HEX Legendary Member

Break Power hits way to much dmg that it should . As i said the only vid that i EVER saw from retail was a templar with ( lvl 50 - yellow greatsword ) hitting 5-6k ( critical hits ) dmg in PVE .
    On gamez you are hitting 8-9 even 10k dmg on players which its r i d i c u l o u s >.>

Anywai in AION 3.0 the dmg formula for break power will be changed and it will hit as any other normal skill ...

3. EagleN

EagleN Expert

BP isnt a random dmg skill. and it deals at least 30 - 40% dmg higher than it would.

4. Badrobot

Badrobot SNU SNU

You got it all wrong,sorry.

Dume lure is being evaded when the opponent has stone skin/blessed shield or any kind of protective shield,dume lure is being evaded with evasion skill of the ranger,dume lure is being evaded if the scout has evasion gear.

Rangers are weaker? Sins are yes,sins suck (dont roll sin CAUTION) But rangers? First of all half of the asmo population are rangers,and second,they all run together and rape everyone on their way with their superhuman running speed which is 24/24 due to mau form and speed of wind.

BP,i already explained that BP doesnt hit hard every 16 seconds,just read my post,you need buffs to crit 5800dmg to a same geared player,those 7-8-9k crits are on anuhart or elder only,not on a same geared opponent.

Gladiators,maybe a threat to scouts but they are just a huge joke for a mage or a cleric or a templar. A joke really,i let my dots rape them while i keep rooting them,and their ankle snare even tho not potable,its dispel-able. But i agree that glads are pretty much an ALL IN ONE class,really useful for group pvp,but they are not so good in 1v1 esp against mages or cleric or templars.

5. Daknin

Daknin Getting there

Lol, It's more likely that we'll all die from an alien invasion before this GameZ Aion bullsh-t gets dealt with D: lmfao.
    [video=youtube;87PRVP4EQAo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87PRVP4EQAo[/video]

1 person likes this.
  6. Jamesz

Jamesz New Member

I last look at this last night.

7. Shunko

Shunko Expert

I've been told breakpower will get a serious nerf / rework in retail 3.0. I only hope i will live to see that day.

8. Daknin

Daknin Getting there

I was trying to tell you about solo mechanics of scout classes. SOLO. Not zergs. Yes I understand that many rangers zerg in ing, and that's how most of them get such high ranks. I'm not talking about the pvp mechanics of a mass zerg. Of course ranged classes will UNDOUBTEDLY have the most effective outcome in zerg pvp. Furthermore, you're telling me, that ranged classes are suppose to predict when a Templar is going to use Doom Lure? It's instant cast. And I don't know that many rangers who do full evasion. If a ranger does full evade, then they have low crit. And templars and glads have the ability to block a lot of their damage. Only way to get pass block is by crit or accuracy, and nobody sockets accuracy. And not EVERYONE has full abg. Meaning not everyone has the ability to socket multiple types of manastones. For a lot of people, if they want full evade, they do FULL EVADE. Not evade/crit/attack. Not MR/crit/attack. Not unless they have full ABG.
    Ranger vs Ranger is easy, but the outcome of the fight is determined ONLY by armor, and ping.
    Ranger vs Sin can be hard now because a lot of the sins out there socket m.acc. Making their stunlocks fatal.
    Sin vs Ranger can be hard if ranger is using full MR set, but the MR set is rendered useless if the assassin is using full m.acc set. And even with full m.acc they can still dish out quite a huge amount of damage.
    I shouldn't have to explain other classes.
    Clerics have the ability to dish out a lot of damage to characters not using MR sets, coupled with battle heals.
    Chanters have the ability to dish out a a lot of damage and stumble lock, and have battle heals and mantras that make them very effective in solo pvp.
    Gladiators... well. already explained.
    Templars, already explained.
    Sorc, if using aetheric spell, or wintry armor... nuff said.
    SM, well. I'm done explaining I could go on forever.
    All I'm saying is, BOTH scout classes, ranger AND sin are the least effective pvp characters in game. And that should be obvious right now.

9. flour66

flour66 New Member

every one who said it aint a problem .. i guess you run when you see a temp ..

my temp can take 8-10 other players down with full mresist abg temp .. without attack stones and crit i deal around 8-11k dmg with break .. its a instant death for cloth/leather classes .. and you cant do a think about it cause there is 3 sec bug if you use doom lure/shield bash and then knock em down :p .. sooo... yes its to op .. even i know that ..

10. Badrobot

Badrobot SNU SNU

My ranger is full accuracy (3081) and 650 crit. I use accuracy,why not? Its the best build after all. Dmg could be higher,but attack sucks cause if i use it im gonna get blocked parried alot.

Rangers dont predict? LOL my second main char is a templar,i get evaded SO MANY times cause rangers click the evasion button when im near them,and it lasts for 5 sec so there is a pretty good chance of evading me,so yea i lately dont dume lure them anymore unless im sure that the buff is not UP.

But anyway nothing else to say here,my previous posts was enough proving a point about BP..

11. vRisen

vRisen Banned

I don't get why people are complaining about BP. It only hits high when they have all damage buffs. Kite moar?

12. Shunko

Shunko Expert

Yes i bet you don't as a gladiator having unwavering devotion.

13. mamacita

mamacita Proficient

one of the more op classes on gamez are templars...

tank a ton and hit a ton

1 person likes this.
  14. vRisen

vRisen Banned

I never use UD in a 1v1, only if they do first.

15. Daknin

Daknin Getting there

If you play ranger and use full accuracy, I'm not listening to you. Accuracy doesn't help to land any of your magical attacks, including sleep arrow, silence, or traps. So you obviously either don't use them or don't know how to use ranger. And if you have that much accuracy and crit, you're using full abg, which trust me, helps in pvp. If you play a templar, and you see a ranger use FE, and you don't wait for just 5 seconds for the buff to end, or use one of your other ranged skills to knock it off, then you need to choose another class. Because you don't know how to use Templar. Most rangers use Bestial Fury, which puts them within 15m anyways. It shouldn't be that hard for you to doom lure them.

16. BetaMax

BetaMax Lord Emperor Forum Legend

ya fix the BP. im tired of playing my templar. i wanna delete it,, but i cant yet coz i enjoy doing 3k~6k BP damage at the moment.

17. Daknin

Daknin Getting there

How is this even fun for anyone? Even those of you who play templar and complain about how they're "not op" at all. When you can kill 10 people in one go, and nobody even stands a chance against you, that's like playing a CHILD'S game that wasn't meant to be lost. And what gets me is all templar on this server think they're pro for being able to whipe out so many people in one go lmao.

1 person likes this.
  18. Daknin

Daknin Getting there

I don't like Cafe Fairy, mainly based on the fact that many of them donate for full ABG and run around with templars and chanters destroying everyone they come across with no exception. As if they think that's fair-play. I don't know if they're going to call it "zerg control" or whatever. I call it ruining pvp on the server. And they exceed at it, exceptionally well.

19. Rhendezvous

Rhendezvous New Member

ur answer like a kid answer ....
    if Templar is a DPS too ill change to Templar too.
    IMBA DPS templar.....

20. Daknin

Daknin Getting there

100% of the people here who argue that Templar are balanced... in any way, have to be ignorant. Taking down another player shouldn't be like taking down a pve boss. And honestly, at this point, that's kind of... exactly what it's like.
    The same thing goes for full abg gladiators with shield+mace combo and tac+abg GS/Pole. 90% of the people here would agree with me. The 10% are the players who play those types of characters, and for some reason, don't realize how unbalanced they are.
    I guess the thought never crosses their mind when they blast through and destroy a whole group of people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.