1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Again with shields.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ghost521, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghost521

ghost521 Lucent's name is Jeremy

Not trying to start a flame here.

This is exactly what I'm talking about: http://forum.gameznetwork.com/f68/elys-primum-fortress-104319/

A while ago, many people, especially ones who were new to the dark and smutty spaces of Abyss, complained about rampant camping right on our race's spot (Primum/Terminon). I was a victim of this myself, so I tried to avoid Abyss AMAP, unless I needed to get some pots, quests, and/or take a stroll around Tigraki Island.

However, I also enjoyed the fort battles and random Core PvP a lot, so I bit it and cussed at the table whenever I got bombed right at Primum.

Then something magical happened. Carl notified gamez that Abyss shields will be turned on. I was thrilled to actually see there were no campers near Primum after the update was applied. But then, at the same time, Core shield was also in effect, forcing everybody to drop down from the top of it, which to me was a waste of time. Why would you block access to the place where PvP prospered? And so, this killed the PvP.

Now that the shields are off again, great. Core should be easier to access now.

But wait, what's this? Camper problems? I don't even...

So, if I may request, is there a way to keep Core shield off, but Primum/Terminon shields on? We REALLY don't find ourselves taking a liking to PvP on originally-non-PvP ground any time soon.

10 people like this.
  2. Shunko

Shunko Expert

In every thread about people whining to get shields removed i always posted the same damn thing. Remove core shields and keep the fortress shields. This is just so **censored** to get jumped by 30 morons whenever i scroll to the abyss to buy recipes on my no gear crafters.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2011
    2 people like this.
  3. iEugen

iEugen Banned =3

No one PvP in Core because mobs dont drop Elder items :'p

4. krenee925

krenee925 New Member

So how do you resolve the problem of people getting the quests and campaigns...I have tried all day to get campaigns and the NPC is just sliding along. I can click on him and the box pops up but I can't get any campaigns, now what?

5. ghost521

My best bet for now is to give up.

6. krenee925

krenee925 New Member

give up for how long? Kind of stops ya from playing "ALL THE ASPECS OF THE WHOLE GAME"!
    Why not just fix it so the NPC's dont get killed I could give a rip if Ely's can cone in the Fortress...I just want to be able to play the whole game!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  7. ghost521

O, I see someone has moved this to the right section.
    Thanks to whoever did it :L

8. aecoon

aecoon 。◕ ‿ ◕。 Forum Legend

yeah there is no reason to remove spawn shields in core. removing them only bring campers.
    remove core. keep landing. ur not supose to get in there, camp the spawn (wich u guys have a rule for) and also killing vital NPC´s.
    kinda funny how u have rules, but u open up for them to abuse it.

9. BabyMalice

BabyMalice New Member

Gamez aion is shit now GG.

10. Uehara

Uehara イシ-サマ。(´ε` ) Forum Legend

I 100% agree with the implementation of Reshanta's Elyos and Asmodians main fortresses, Teminon and Primum shields. I certainly believe that those spots in the Abyss is not really for PvP since it serves as a place for quest purposes for newbies, also when they are up to some crafting businesses, and they need to buy Designs but right even before they step inside the fort, they're dead from Rangers camping Teleporter/Spawn spot. It also adds annoyance when they started killing the important NPCs each fortresses. I also think these places serves as both factions' Haven. From a long flight PvP in Core and they want to regain some more flight time, they can always teleport in their designated fortresses to rest instead risking it in Core.

1 person likes this.
  11. mohrad

mohrad New Member

Yeah, i've been there.
    Right after one player LFG'd about Asmodians at Teminion Landing i tp'd there and we've successfuly repelled Asmodians.

Ofcourse right after someone shout'd to charge at the Asmos, so we ended up waiting at Primum.
    While i had fun flying above it to scare the s..t out of those who though an Elyos is coming inside i saw how "certain" ex-general, now Commander killed 3 pinkies even tho they were just trying to run for safety...

Yeah, give shields back to the Faction's Landing zones....seriously.

1 person likes this.
  12. Sylprime

Sylprime New Member

At the very least do something about the NPCs. As they say...vital NPCs are just sliding along the ground or walking out into space. I'm new here and I have a hard time recommending this server to anyone else new when I have to go 'umm yeah but you can't really finish Rashanta quests because...all the NPCs are bugged...' 'Why are they bugged?' '...There's no shields in Prim/Term so people bug them or camp the teleports.' '....Yeah no thanks.'

1 person likes this.
  13. jj011185

jj011185 (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ © Forum Legend

like what was stated clearly and is known by everyone.

no one goes to abyss core because elders even balaur mats are hard to drop. can't even use kisk.

if you put back shield in forts, there's no reason to wait for players in core when you know no one will come. -.-

also if you get ganked, i know campers are retards, find a way to escape them. if not like every other camping problem, either talk to the gm or wait till they subside.

good luck.

1 person likes this.
  14. dmaxcustom

dmaxcustom Well-Known Member

Do whatever you want with the shields... but get the blasted NPCs in place to do the quests...
    I laugh when i try to think and enjoy the "whole of the game" when everything is so striped off here... but is nice to do some quest from time to time to get over the mindless pvp -__-

Sometimes i wonder what i am doing here still? aah yes! now I remember. money invested

15. ghost521

Plop it on top now.

16. EternalWind

EternalWind New Member

Bring the shield back ! I tired of being kill by ppl who hav full-geared and higher rank each time i go with my new toon and want do quest there . What do you guys think when gank our pinkies and kill them for nothing ? Its fun when u can kill ppl who cant not fight back or no chance to run ??? No , its not fun ,its retard ....

So bring the shield back !!

17. Lulu

Lulu the fallen maiden :>

so f**** annoying u go in rashanta to get recipes to craft ...YAY 7 rangers hiting a single sorc ...as if only 1 wasnt be MAU enough to kill -___-

18. Iamgreek

Iamgreek Banned

only core again? it's fun in primium/terminon

19. EternalWind

EternalWind New Member

Fun ? What's fun ? Killing lowbies and newbies ? Oh please , if u think u strong enough go Iggi/Gelk or Belu/heiron and fight with ppl who can fight u back ...

1 person likes this.
  20. Badrobot

Badrobot SNU SNU

Turning shields off will cause more camping. End

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.