1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Again with shields.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ghost521, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psijinx

Psijinx Getting there

I personally don't mind the shields being gone since I like the pvp, even when Asmos go right into Terminon to fight. I do mind that the at times, almost all of the npc are gone. I don't generally kill pinkies unless they try and annoy me first lol. I've played on my lowbie assassin before and I've had a few high rank Asmos turn around when they see me. I'm assuming it's because my character was only level 35 (I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt lol). So I try and do the same. I don't know why people fly straight in and kill whoever is at the obelisk and don't even know who they're hitting, newbies or not. I guess points are points, even if they can be only 1 ap?

When the npc are there, they're usually screwed up in some way; running in the ground, half in the floor, run away after an enemy and don't come back. I got annoyed at one point since I was going to turn in a quest and just looked around >.> and nope <.< there was no npc for the turn in. It turned into, "aww, but I wanted my godstone. *sniffle* *pout*" The flying pvp is great, I highly missed that from retail. It just came with a cruddy side-effect. One that just happens to be a free for all killing of anyone who might be there and can't defend themselves, isn't paying 100% attention (afk potty break!), or might not have top gear.

As for the core... drops are just wonky all over the place. I guess after that gets fixed (cross your fingers, folks) then we'll see how the pvp for the area is. I'm in agreement with most that The Core shields should stay off and the Prim/Term shields should stay on. Or maybe except on weekends? I'm just throwing it out there!

If you're a newbie, then the game is hard enough cracking into it right away. It doesn't help that you're actually following the quest chains and you get camped somewhere along the lines. It's discouraging. If you want to keep the new player population coming in, then give them a little help. Even if it's just a shield over Prim/Term. There are other open areas for them to get ganked in while questing :p

It's not like we opened up a gateway into Sanctum/Pandemonium for the opposite faction to fly in. But that's kind of what it seems like with the Abyss stuff.

1 person likes this.
  2. cozolinofly

cozolinofly Well-Known Member

More Zergs to Gelkm .:p

3. ghost521

ghost521 Lucent's name is Jeremy

Exactly.

Newbie has entered Primum Fortress.
    Newbie: Oh, this place looks coo-
    >Newbie has taken 765 damage from Agonizing Arrow 1.
    >Newbie has taken 1700 damage from Sure Strike 1.
    >Newbie is stumbled.
    >Newbie has died.
    >Newbie has lost xxx AP.

And that's not only for newbies, even high-ranked people will fall into this trap every once in a while.
    If anything, they will surely last a tad longer than newbies, but if they're camped by 2 or 3 people, they're done for.

2 people like this.
  4. vRisen

vRisen Banned

This is exactly what we don't want. More people in Zergisson / Zergmaros.

I don't get what the big deal is. This is a PvP server, you're going to die. If someone is waiting for you to teleport to the abyss, do something about it.

Someone forward this quote to Carl. Seriously.

The reason I discussed giving armor NPC's and level commands to lowbies is because it's relevant to this topic. They're being killed and they're mostly the ones complaining.

When the shields were announced removed, I went to the abyss to test it out myself. At the time, there was no core shield because I flew to the core without problems. If there are shields now, then it's a result of either misinterpretation or stupidity.

1 person likes this.
  5. PoWeLL

PoWeLL Getting there

Cant start the rank hunting quests becouse 2 of 3 related npcs are missing since the shields are gone. If people would be nice and just dont abuse, would be any problem.. but they kill no matter if they are lowbie, dealing with some npcs or whatever.

Shields ON doesnt mean PvP on abyss must be over.. Fixing the fortresses would be enough to get the pvp back to abyss and no abusing on the process.

1 person likes this.
  6. ghost521

They are off now, but really, my only question is: Why are Primum/Terminon shields off?

I agree with Core shield off, since it's where PvP actually happens, along with the flying PvP taking place in the space surrounding it, and that I would be pissed if it gets turned on again.

But how can you call waiting for people to spawn on their own land so you can kill them PvP? It's nothing short of Obelisk camp, really. For instance, I can call 20 of my people to sit in a straight line at Primum/Terminon and kill whoever steps outside. How do you call that PvP? Not to mention the myriad of problems dealing with NPCs, like many others have said.

2 people like this.
  7. konichi

konichi Century Old Artifact

Being a PVP server doesn't mean you will just have to pvp all the time. There are still basic game mechanics that needs to be done like farming to gear up (for the lowbies) or farming/ trading / selling items for potions and such Teminon and Primum are essential forts for that.

This is a pvp server and I agree with that but it should be at the RIGHT PLACE. Removing the shield in main fortresses in Abbys doesn't make it a pvp server specially when it serves some purpose to other players. Seriously abyss is a huge place and PVP shouldn't happen at each faction's bases that is purely laziness and wants to do things the easy way rather than experiencing what truly a pvp means. You hunt, you move around and you kill not faceroll and kill everyone who spawns out of the ports without putting a little effort.

3 people like this.
  8. vRisen

vRisen Banned

The reason I support not having shields in teminon/primum is because it creates a chain-reaction in our favor.

You see, when someone gets camped or a lowbie dies, they spam LFG with locations.

What happens after that? There is now an army in Teminon/Primum defending.

Once the 90,000 dispose of the 3, they trot on over to the enemy factions fort.

90,000 kill the 6 lowbies there, and the 6 lowbies spam LFG with locations.

Now it's 90,000 vs 90,000 in a war in the abyss killing each other while the other places are zergy no more.

3 people like this.
  9. ghost521

Hypothetically speaking, it's a terrific idea.
    Realistically looking, it's not going so well, is it?

10. vRisen

vRisen Banned

No, it isn't. It used to be like that when the Abyss was the main PvP area.

80 vs 80 shard wars was the bomb.

11. Aegis

Aegis Guest

In the end I think we all need to realize this isn't our server.

Nor are these threads even being read, these discussions generally are moot.

Nor is there such a large influx of players anymore, you can see for yourself, in reality most of these 'noobs' are alts.

12. ghost521

You get Gelk and Ing in 2.0 (was it?), 2 slaughterhouses without any restrictions.

Who would want to go back to Abyss zIIIRrrrrrrrPHbbbt.

13. spoomi

spoomi Well-Known Member

SHARD WARS lol...i miss that shit

14. Llama

Llama The Drama Llama Forum Legend

Open rift/gate to pandae/sanctum to have a GOOD pvp :p

2 people like this.
  15. TrueSeph

TrueSeph Proficient

I've made very demanding statements boldly before, and every Pro Lets keep shields off in Prim and Tem can't even make one valid statement other then "Well it'll lower zergs in Gelk/Ingg and improve PvP in the Abyss".

Zerging in Gelk and Ingg has not drop by any significant number, and is still the biggest hot spot for PvPing. While the Abyss has become what I said it would be...A camping, lets set up kisk near the fortress and literally spawn kill, or vaporize anything we see that's an opposing red box.

That is not improvement on PvP, but literally an abuse that is reminiscent of Obelisk Camping. As I have said a million times over which seemingly runs over all those who think shields being turned off is good, or to the admins who never bother to listen.

Properly fix the forts to make them feasible (Guardians right now taking over an hour to defeat is not fun even with a large group, please stop thinking we have retail equivalent number of players) and make them more frequent so that it will entice players to wanting to go into the Abyss. Allow Abyssal Splinter to be accessible to Non-VIP so we can actually get both Elyos and Asmos wanting to fight for the core fortress.

The fight for Abyssal Splinter is one of the most exciting and anticipated events within Retail, however its non-existent in Gamez because you can only get in their if you're VIP. Also fix the drop-rates of core so its reasonable, in which will also directly encourage both races to wanting to enter the Abyss.

You want more proper PvP in Abyss? Do the above and you'll see more players fighting at the abyss without people camping Tem or Prim or camping Western and Eastern Shard. It's gotten ridiculous and I knew without hesitation that this would become the result if the shields were down.

Bring the Shields back, their is no proper excuse for not having them, and it has not improved PvP, nor has it all of a sudden lessen zergs in Ingg/Gelk to a significant degree to justify that it has improved anything. These sort of changes are some of the most implausible solutions that I've ever seen without real proper thought taken into the account.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
    3 people like this.
  16. jj011185

jj011185 (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ © Forum Legend

whoever thinks shield should be on should think about how dead reshanta was when all shields are up...

now you complain about being camped yet you can only do so little in reshanta at all... for what? abyss quest? design? and free flight carebear?

learn to live with it. so many things aren't working here on gamez, they strive to make this work and turning abyss shields off makes this map usable. give it a break... put everything back to normal when the main things are working in abyss if not keep it as is and stfu.

1 person likes this.
  17. ghost521

You know what? If you want our ****ing spawn spots to get camped, go ahead. Who gives a shit.

Bunch of campers.

Also,

Whose bright idea was it to turn Core shield on? Nobody asked for it, and yet it was still turned on.

18. jj011185

jj011185 (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ © Forum Legend

you know what, the issue here is more on PVE against PVP standpoint. there will never be a point where the lines cross.

like i said, if the main things in reshanta is well working then they can turn shields up again. else, keep it as is.

19. ghost521

The only thing is, it's not. Since the newest update there have been a couple of threads regarding how people were camped on spawn ground. Since most of these people are new players, they wouldn't think of /LFG the coordinates and push PvP pace up.

If people like spawn shields off so much, doesn't it mean that camping anywhere should be allowed too?

I still believe the thing that killed PvP not too long ago was someone's bright decision of turning Core shield on. I didn't freaking get it. Nobody did.

1 person likes this.
  20. Jayrii

Jayrii Expert

It's good that there are a lot of pvp spots since gelk and inggi are most likely to be zerged.. while in heiron and belu, the pvp is always unstable.. sometimes u get fair pvp, sometimes boring and sometimes SH*T WTF ZERG!

so, reshanta with sheilds OFF is sooo fine with me.. and as well in core.. we are not only hunting elder stuffs in core but craftable manastones as well.. for those who said that elder does not drop in core, TURN UR VIP ON!

and it would be better if FORTRESS SIEGE WILL BE BACK.. I just miss those times T.T

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.