1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Launcher Issue

Discussion in 'Problems' started by Kurodean, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurodean

Kurodean New Member

I appreciate all the help I am getting to resolve this issue. I am sorry it is being so stubborn.

2. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

nah thats not right. directx ignores anything beyond a full version, only cares bout updates for itself. its coz different games need different directx to run (like aion will NOT run without 9.0c with updates after june 2008)

i have 9, 10 and 11 on my pc, my graphics card cant handle 11, i play aion on 9, some games have dx9 and dx10 mode so i get to pick which i like. they dont overwrite each other, they complement each other (just add necessary files to render the graphics of games built on them)

so all it means is u already have directx 9.0c, its not referring to ur v11

3. Kurodean

Kurodean New Member

Well, I am trying to get it full installer instead of downloading from the launcher. I have heard of the NCSoft Launcher giving some people issues. Worth a shot at this point I suppose.

4. Albull

Albull Well-Known Member

It's ok I don't mind at all. And I will persist to help in any way I can. And the program I was thinking off is called Virtual-PC. Download Windows XP Mode

Albull

5. Smartik1

hey i gtg sleep now, its 3am here, im out of ideas for now. try help him if u can, if i think of anything else ill add it tomorrow. thx

6. Kurodean

Kurodean New Member

Ok, checked into it and got a DX9.0c and installed it. Once again I have cleaned the registry and am in the process of downloading a v2.5 of the full Aion client. Will be a while because after this download I will have to update. Once something new comes up I shall give you an update on my success.

7. Kurodean

Kurodean New Member

I am just hesitant to install from my CD because that would have to update from 2.0 (Assault on Balaurea that I had bought from Wal-Mart) lol

8. Albull

Albull Well-Known Member

Installing from the CD may be a good idea. If you can install from the CD, you know it isnt downloading any core files that could be corrupt. But honestly, I'm starting to think it's a windows problem more than anything. This has happened to a lot of people I know with a lot of different games, different version of windows, game works fine. Hench why I have provided you with a link to Virtual-PC above.

Albull

9. Kurodean

Kurodean New Member

Ok, scrap that idea. For some odd reason the download from FilePlanet was going to take about 5 hours... On a 30mb line. beats me on that one so CD install it is.

10. Albull

Albull Well-Known Member

11. Kurodean

Kurodean New Member

I went there and it had me select my version of windows 7. I selected "Home Premium" as I am using and it stated I am ineligible to download the file. I don't understand microsoft's reasoning behind it. My brain is starting to hurt. lol

"You are not eligible to download Windows XP Mode. You must have Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate to run Windows XP Mode. To upgrade visit Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade."

12. Albull

Albull Well-Known Member

Try downloading just the Virtual PC without windows mode instead.

Albull

13. Kurodean

Kurodean New Member

Alright, I got Virtual PC 2007 and I will give that a go if this disk install doesn't fix my problem.

14. Kurodean

Kurodean New Member

Well, when I start up the installation for Virtual PC 2007 it says my OS isn't supported... And the install from CD didn't change a thing. -sigh-

15. Albull

Albull Well-Known Member

Wow, i'm really at a loss then sorry dude...i'm keep trying to think of a solution but no gurantee sorry :(

Albull

16. Kurodean

Kurodean New Member

Ok, either Iobit Malware fighter or Super Anti Spyware really don't like Aion... Well, there's my retard feeling for the month I suppose.

Has to be Iobit Malware Fighter... I've never had it act like this before, so it never crossed my mind that it could be that.

17. Albull

Albull Well-Known Member

I honestly don't know, personally I use AVG so...

Albull

18. Kurodean

Kurodean New Member

Yea, I use a lot of security features xD Ty again so much for your time and help =D

19. Smartik1

originally thought its an antivirus shutting it down (even though that would be weird) :p its not a good idea to have too many antivirus/spyware programs at the same time (at least not active ones) since they tend to conflict with each other and cause issues

i use avast lol, for cleaning up and fixing other peoples issues i have spybot search & destroy but its not active, just installed. i dont like the way it handles passive defense since it shoves a whole lot of IPs into ur windows hosts file making a huge mess out of it, i need to know what i added myself so yea. advanced systemcare handles passive defense better xD

so did u get it to work in the end? :p and yea if not try disable all this security crap on ur pc lol, then see if it runs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.