1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ground PvP - 2

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by vRisen, Aug 7, 2010.

?

Should we have Ground PvP?

1. Yes!

190 vote(s)
    86.8%
  2. No!

29 vote(s)
    13.2%
  1. meanbusiness

meanbusiness Proficient

Well, AION Was made with non flying areas with a purpose, the flight mode in aion, is pretty unbalanced, thats why they just made ONE SINGLE MAP with flying alowed, because devs knew how bad was the flying pvp, but they knew also that the game needed something new like "omg they can fly too" but that doesnt means they are better, thats why rifts pvp are like non flying, because, ground pvp makes the pvp real true, its a real pvp, with real kites, real fights, not just these flying ganks that makes ppl bored easy, the thing that made many ppl quit aion was that they didnt implemented ground abyss yet, cause again, fly pvp is unbalanced, and boring, easy to get killed, easy to runaway, easy to gank, making the game alot more boring, honeslty talking, we need really a good ground pvp in server, wow beluslan and heiron flying pvp why? to make ppl gank above ur fly teleport? to make ppl runaway when will get killed? to make ppl gank u easier?
    if u see any youtube pvp aion videos, u gonna see that those abyss videos doesnt worths to waste a second watching cause non sense lol, like just gank fest, while the rift and ground abyss videos give us inspiration about what a real pvp means, about good fights, easier for ranged classes to kite, like sorcs, sm's, rangers, and easy for melees to play too, making the game alot more funny, and balanced also

well i hope that the devs work for a good ground pvp soon, but my dream still gonna be rift non flying, also me and my legion are about to quit aion, just cause stupid flying pvp -.-

also, classes are complete in land, and got a lack of skills in the air.

we just think that free to fly is boring, who wants free fly, go to abyss, that map was made for who likes that, who likes land pvp, go rift please, that was made for that, the mountains, the map, its all made for land pvp, hard access to main cities, and villages to ppl not go inside so easy with 2 party guys by flying above it, while they could just surround, and making the another side comes out to fight, using the guards as a heolp also, because, well u inside their nation, so what do u expect? guards to say "kill players from my nation, i wont help them" ???

another point is, sometimes is hard to find the enemy flying above u, cause it comes so fast by flying, and sometimes u dont even notice, and the camera doesnt helps to find them above u, sometimes u cant even target them fast, and when u want to fight back, u still have to open ur wings, and find where is the guy by moving the camera above u (yes ur toon will not help you)

i played retail long time, played as a ranger, as a sorc, and as a templar, so i can say, both types, ranged and melee classes, can get much more from their toons in the ground, and also much more fun too

just to complete, for who likes to fly theres alot of places, abyss, and every main city when u go rift u may fly in rift, but and for who doesnt likes to fly? for who loves ground pvp? what we got? nothing... just hope, and a hope of a edited map like "abyss" that i loved the idea, but why not a good ground rift pvp in heiron =(

because im sure, edited map would make less ppl in the places, and still, original game was ground pvp in rifts, never was with flying, put free to fly in rift locations is like playing football without a ball

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  2. ...

... Proficient

free fly give ppl faster way of escaping instead of on group thats one reason once they hp is too low they just fly up very high n then just drop giving like 30-40m apart then fly again. also if u fight against range class u can get easly get owned

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  3. Ald

Ald Proficient

Why would giving players the option ever be stupid?

I have a feeling the players against ground PVP are worried that once the ground abyss area is opened up, that the free flight areas will be empty of players.

That, in turn, may help new players to the server level up and have the server grow.

4. Kyrah

Kyrah Proficient

What I love about this server is being able to fly anywhere.

I'd love to see, though, a dredgion-like instance, no mobs, 6x6 for pvp. No fligth needed. Just the map. 24h open.

5. Crustyundies

Crustyundies DTK

Yes, but the only time ground PvP seems to be used is in duels...whoopeee. Why not implement it and then take some votes as to whether or not it should remain in effect. I truly believe that a lot of people that aren't sure about this would find it rather enjoyable...different too!

6. ryang

ryang Banned

300 people viewed it, 160 voted. kinda pathetic for the 140 randoms to not be able to make up their mind >.<

1 person likes this.
  7. Sandor

Sandor Proficient

ROFL come play in Crystal and we will show you how noobish we are.

8. meanbusiness

meanbusiness Proficient

well, why does ppl makes duel on floor, if they love flying? maybe because u cant make a good pvp in the air? bingo.
    why dont make something like a turning mode
    1 week fly in morhein and ground in beluslan, and next week, just invert like fly beluslan ground morheim...
    something like that, also don need to take off the fly of all the game, could let it fly in brustonin and theomobos, and in instances, altgard verteron, poeta and ishalguen

because, its actually 100% fly, so, not fair we cant get ground pvp, because ppl just want to fly all the time

9. DTKmember

DTKmember New Member

just add it, dammit! If no one likes it, take it out on next patch

10. ...

... Proficient

+1 i like that idea...half of it

11. meanbusiness

meanbusiness Proficient

yea gm MAKE A TEST!!!! PUT LIKE FOR 1 OR 2 WEEKS THE GROUND RIFT PVPS, leave it like in retail, abyss flight, and other zones only ground, and rifts fly in main cities and storm circle, just like in retail, and then put like free to fly in beggining cities, like ishalguen/altgard and poeta/verteron, and then in the other grinding place like brusthonin and theomobos, and in instances, so the only thing that would change is the rift in ground, and im sure flying pvp still gonna be pretty much populated, because abyss is always populated and there is free to fly anywhere, anytime, and when rifts are closed many ppl gonna stay in abyss, so im sure abyss always gonna be populated, when balaurea comes out here, just check, if ppl thinks abyss flying gonna be empty (like in retail cos noone there likes flying pvp too only rangers and only about 20% of them yet) then put fre fly in rifts again, but im sure when ppl test out the ground ppv, they gonna love it and say, who does needs to fly and make a messi n the air while we can just make a real pvp in the ground? that makes the game 100x more exciting

Let me help you with some vids hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIv7razYJfE

and if you think its just good for melee, you're wrong

and archers, if u think archer is over in air, well u a bit right, but u can be much better in the ground if u know how to kite.
    air pvp is like a ranged like combat, so hard for melees to get close, so easy to run away too...

well a vid of a mage pvp, a bit old but shows alot

for sorc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8-mqtrXqJI

templar
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3SJXiK9oC0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjJLvXVzs_w

for ranger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1u2WF7toFI

for cleric
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo3E25VvzyI

for gladiator
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y69GNOfqHxA

assassin? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiIoIE53DEk&feature=related

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  12. Arkenjul

Arkenjul Getting there

There is no flight barrier in this server or AUe.

Anyways...I would like ground PvP as well especially in places where there shouldn't be flight because this make spawn ganking way easier and unfair.

If anything only Heiron or Beluslan should allow flight while outside those town shouldn't allow flight, sames goes Eltnen and Morheim. But with no flight barrier you can preflight out of the 4 town and you can probably imagine the rest. Don't forget flight time is limited anyways so gives flight time buffs more credibility.

but remember it works both side so I guess this give home court advantage you can say :lol:

13. Kill

Kill New Member

Pathetic what you said..... 140 really did not want to vote either for or against, simply makes no difference to them or are lazy.:whistling:

Question: if free fly is so cool why it is not allowed at events? Not accepted fly in duels too?:pinched:

Answer: Because unbalanced the game, know this and always gm ban on all events:w00t:

14. wilen

wilen Proficient

Ground pvp ftw well gladiators and templar are boring if not ground pvp sooner or later all players in gamez will be ranger or spiritmaster coz they owned alot in air and i really hate making one coz i love being a glad planning to make a templar but no reason coz no ground pvp

15. meanbusiness

meanbusiness Proficient

not only gladiators and templars, any class is much better in the ground, unless some rangers and sorcs, that dont know how to kite, and are afraid of ground, for these ppl, dont worry, abyss is always the pvp number 1,
    the other four big cities, heiron, beluslan, ethien and morheim, were made for ground only, the map is proper for that, the game made those maps for ground only, making that fly, just makes the game worse, doesnt gains anything, u awlays gonna have the fly pvp in the right area. Abyss.
    iam very disapointed that they want to keep 100% flying server, because, the BEST PART of aion, the great thing in aion, is the ground pvp, this game has the most exciting pvp i have ever seen in 10 years playing mmo's, and then ppl just want to fly, wow, guys wake up please, ncsoft itself's made the aion half ground half pvp (yes abyss is alot big, and the most pvp is there, not at rifts) so who likes to make fly pvp, theres a huge abyss.
    we dont want to make al the server ground, we just love aion the way it is, and we love the aion pvp, and we want to play the both things, we want to play pvp in the ground, we want to make battles in the air, but we want variety, getting bored in a bird's game is a real bad idea...

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  16. ...

... Proficient

i wounder do any gms/admin even read this topic i saw like a couple back in like page 1-5 and that was it. if no gm or admin read this or give any update on group pvp if its going to be added or not i dont think it will get added. it been like a week already if they care eough they would at give some updates on group pvp or least give group pvp a week test to see if those ppl who still want free fly change their minds to group pvp.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  17. Dementa

Dementa Providence Forum Legend

It's a good thing events are ground only or else I would think you guys would all die of ground pvp starvation o.o

I really hope zer0 can succeed with his idea of making an area (even if it's instanced) with no free flight, where people could just rift into and fight each other in a battleground type place. It'd be very fun, and add some new spice to Gamez.

18. Kayza

Kayza New Member

i though exact the same of an instanced battleground and did some brainstorming but i doubt it will work in aion, early days in my daoc private server hosting project we did such things, scripted a teleporter npc and put it in the main city which will teleport you to the battleground, i dont know about the possibilitys in aion but it may work /shrug

[​IMG]

19. cutetanks

cutetanks Death's Secretary ♥ Forum Legend

+100000 i'm sick and tired of getting kited by long range classes :<!

o hey sorc...
    o hey templar....
    o hey *goes to attack mode and charges*
    o hey :D!!*kites*
    o hey QQQQQQQQ.

20. Chibita

Chibita Proficient

Still needs some devs to speak up.