1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Magic Boost Assassin Build??

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Remidica, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remidica

Remidica New Member

So I've been told that stacking Magic Boost is the new build for an Assassin? If so, how much M.Boost do you stack, what's the soft cap and hard cap and is any M.Accuracy needed?

I've tried looking up information about it, but all I catch is Youtube PvP videos and that's not what I want.

2. Razor

Razor Master of Disguise Forum Legend

Fully MBoost, your damage output is not MA dependent, just the effects, which land rather perfectly on non-MR users.

3. Remidica

Remidica New Member

So this build is more for PvE instead of PvP? I raid & PvE more on my Assassin than PvP. (I PvP on my Spiritmaster & Cleric.) Do I stack just gems with M.Boost or do I actually stack my accessories as well?

4. Akikaze

Akikaze Elohim, Essaim...I implore you Forum Legend

Magic Boost Assassins works in PvP, however you're very reliant on burst damage. If the battle is prolonged, chances of winning is reduced due to cooldowns and not enough backup physical dps.

Like Razor mentioned, I recommend you stack as much Magic Boost as possible to maximize your rune burst damage. This could include using magic based accessories over physical based ones. Magic accessories gives MB, Macc, and/or Crit Spell, which are fair trades for Acc and Crit since you won't be looking to land critical hits anyways.

If you can not reach 1k+ MB, I suggest you not to bother. Generally full lv50 cloth abyss armour slotted with magic boost should supply you with enough magic boost to do significant signet silence damage as well as providing PvP defense.

1 person likes this.
  5. Remidica

Remidica New Member

As since this build is dependent on rune bursts, is this build worth it? Since there is very little if at all (from what I'm reading) physical DPS from other attacks and after a short time you're (for lack of better terms) screwed on cool downs, is this a manageable build for a first time player? Or is this build one of those, "You have to know Assassins pretty well before you can pull this out of your butt" like a dual-wielding Gladiator is?

Is this the "it" build or are there other builds that is better/more viable to play than this?

Sorry for playing 50 million questions, but if I'm going to go out and farm/buy these M.Boost +27s I don't want to waste time or precious kinah for something that doesn't work that well. :|

6. Suhosin

Suhosin Cafe Fairy Foreva! Forum Legend

id say mboost isn dat good :3
    I tried it but rlly, Id say attack/crit/mac works way better for sin :D
    Hope this helped <3

7. D3adMan

D3adMan Proficient

This build is good for pvp , mostly killing one target very fast when is not alone, is not so hard in one vs one , u just have to pop Otah Claw strike , SIgnet , Stun then again put lvl 5 rune in Target etc ... the weakness if the silence procs and u can't remove u are done :)) and is not so fun after some time so if u really want to use Mbost use like a second Build .

8. Fantaros

Fantaros Banned Forum Legend

full mboost and play with oath of accurasy :p

1 person likes this.
  9. Llama

Llama The Drama Llama Forum Legend

Mboost sin is just good with group since you can't survive a long fight with that build.

10. BetaMax

BetaMax Lord Emperor Forum Legend

mboost is FUN for a few good reasons. (reason why i have it in the first place) both ely and asmo.

1. Kill High ranked zergs (5 star, general, great gen and governor)
    - its ok to die as long as u killed it already
    2. Kill High ranked zergs (5 star, general, great gen and governor)
    - its ok to die as long as u killed it already
    and
    3. 1 & 2 (its good to kill high rank zergers

11. sarmala

sarmala I'm a PRO !!! Forum Legend

mb no way ! eh i played but its good when u have a normal sin in group to stun for u if not fail after fail !

12. TheViper

TheViper Expert

Mboost sins cannot callthem selves assassins because its fking annoying when u get killed with 11k signet

13. Fantaros

Fantaros Banned Forum Legend

gamez goes with the OP skills.. remember when sorc nukes used to hit 12k crit and more? everyone rolled to sorc.. then templars bp hitted hard too.. zergs where full of templars.. no signet sins hits 10k if crit... people rerol to sin..

there is nothing to do with i am good sin or i call me self as a sin..

its i go with the OP skill :p

14. TheViper

TheViper Expert

o.o Thats just my opinion but I do agree with you. I rolled to sin from ranger because they are like quick killers and can escape from lots of situations.

1 person likes this.
  15. D3adMan

D3adMan Proficient

+1 :)) very funny to rape them in their zerging home where they fell safe :)

Oh and BTW if u wana make Sin Mbost use EGT Colth (8% attack speed , more Mbost and Mac then ABG makes u a very good killer ) u got a lower deff and ofc lower magic rezist bu any way use the Mbost to kill not to tank :)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.