1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Amalur highest damage :P

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smartik1, Apr 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

outdated, go here
    http://forum.gameznetwork.com/f56/amalur-ultimate-mage-guide-^^-122581/

so i beat the game and both DLC campaigns and just messing with gear right now to see what its capable of. im a lvl 40 mage and doing a few dmg tests xD still missing a lot of the best materials for craft armor but this is what i got so far

[​IMG]

might post updated dmg later if i get better gear xD

edit:

current max

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  2. OrlesianBard

OrlesianBard Proficient

Sir I would love to see you post some guide for Armour sets. I'm at lvl 21, yet I wore assorted ones. >.<

3. Smartik1

this helped me a whole lot

Blacksmithing
    Blacksmithing - Amalur Wiki

Sagecraft
    Sagecraft - Amalur Wiki

u get to see the best materials around and good gems to put into gear. ur gonna need high blacksmithing and sagecraft for this though

the best place for materials is the DLC The Legend of Dead Kel. talk to the gnome in the camp and help him restore the keep on that map. once thats done, u can send one of the ambassadors on a trade mission (Emberdeep -> trade -> 10,000 gold) and she will bring back like 12-14 flawless quality materials. do that a few times and ull have godly gear

ive only seen master quality in the game and that alone was rare, yet this quest gives flawless stuff, each and every item xD its random though so itll take a few times be4 u get what u really want

for all classes, there are few that are very helpful. one of these r called "damaging" (they give % boost to ALL damage, physical, magical, spells, everything). the other one is 20% damage vs lightly wounded enemies (nobody can agree on a percentage but it works on 100% full enemies too, so if u plan to 1 hit kill, this will count towards it)

for mage i also like flawless flame components (% fire damage) and arcane ones (% boost to magic as opposed to a single element). for mages, fire weapons r the strongest and fire spells r the most common ones so yea helps tons

4. OrlesianBard

OrlesianBard Proficient

Do you play in PC ver. or PS3/Xbox? I got one from PC and it says I got some bonus content, well the problem is I can't seem to activate it, I dont see the activation code for it, it says "the code found in the legal pamphlet" but there ain't one, other than the CD key. any idea?

5. Smartik1

well idk bout u but i downloaded a cracked game, later cracked dlc :p u might wanna get that

6. Meanz

Meanz Tonight, we CHILL in Hell! Forum Legend

There's a reason he calls himself SMART-ik!

7. Smartik1

well ill be damned :p the percentages stack like crazy lol. replaced my shield with a mastercrafted one and look what came out xD

[​IMG]

still dont have all the best parts :p working on it lol

edit: weeee swapped the helm and broke the 1 million damage boundary haha

[​IMG]

still not there yet ^^

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  8. konichi

konichi Century Old Artifact

WOW you have never failed a single Quest. I failed a lot of them. QQ

9. xRoche

xRoche Proficient

Kill more chickens, then we'll talk.

10. Smartik1

how can u fail a quest btw? o_O theres no respawn here or anything. the only real "fail" u could count is when i get fried and that forces me to reload anyway. the hardest boss fight was that cyclops looking big monster with a laser eye (balor or something i think). that friend me so many times. thats actually when i figured out how obsolete hp potions r and how amazing hp regen ones can be :p

lolz really reminds me of fable. this game got so much from it

edit: actually looking at the SS gave me an idea. i wonder if my dmg would go even higher if i fateshifted for the test xD gonna try later, its late and have a final exam tomorrow

11. Shunko

Shunko Expert

21.5k as level 28 ranger apparently, although fully modded ranger can basically 2-hit all bosses from point-blank range since all arrows will hit.

12. konichi

konichi Century Old Artifact

I dunno I get some quest then sometimes when Im doing something else it says "you failed this quest blah bla". I don't really feel taking the quest again so I just carry on doing other stuffs.

13. Smartik1

well with skill i insta kill any boss in the game (did for a long time, most have pathetic hp, yea maybe around 20k or so)

with chakrams i used to do around 3-4k regular hits up to 10k crits (insta kills most things, 2 hit kills the high lvl area big mobs) but that was back before the last few tweaks. havent tested it since then

i was surprised % arcane (% to all magic) actually felt like hardly doing anything, so atm im swapping them out for pure fire and damaging (all damage)

its a pain to get the parts so mixing what i can get from the diplomacy missions but yea i bet im still far from the cap. with many % boosts, the slightest change does a crapload (like really a single shield tripled my dmg from 300k to 900k. it had 15% magic and i put 30% damaging, 20% fire, 20% to lightly wounded on it)

14. Shunko

Shunko Expert

[​IMG]

I run a mean bow.

15. Smartik1

u might wanna go to the dead kel island (dlc) and restore the keep. u can craft urself a really good bow from the parts the ambasador brings u + restoring the paintings (quests) gives u lots of passive bonuses. the ones i liked were hp and mp regen since i cant afford to keep that on me anymore (used to keep 2hp 2mp regen on my old shield coz without it i had no hp regen)

edit: btw bonuses from BOTH weps r applied so even if u dont use the other, get good boosts on it

also found another guide u might want
    http://amalur.wikia.com/wiki/Component

click each component to find the available parts of it ingame, what each does and their quality

16. Blakte

Blakte Banned

This look kinda interesting what game is it and its online game or smth like skyrim???

17. Smartik1

erm...merge Fable gameplay + graphics together with aspects of skyrim and ull get Kingdoms of Amalur :p its a single player game but an epic one lol

18. Blakte

Blakte Banned

schould i try it ? well i finished skyrim and i liked that game well mayeb u could link me where i can download this one ?

19. Georgie

Georgie Ḏɪ̭̜͓̜ͅs̪ᴛ̩̪͓ᴜ̬̖̗̬ʀ̻͚̖͎ʙ͉̜͓̖͙̼͖̳ᴇ̖̞̻ᴅ̻̞̫̘̫ͅ Forum Legend

Funny how my highest dmg is 3k haha, I finished the game too, both the normal one and did every posible thing on the dead kel island :\ they should add something new to the game...

The armor you have, only found boots and gloves then I sold them cuz I couldnt find the rest, atm I'm wearing the Privateer's finess set.

I really like your armor set.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  20. Smartik1

i gave up on item sets or uniques, i craft my own armors coz the parts u get to put on it r way better than set effects. for example each part can hold 3 damage boosters of some kind (30%, 20%, 20%) and depending on which u choose, they can all count together towards the skills u use

actually physical boosters go up to 35% but im a mage

but yea the percentages dont boost base damage, they boost the already boosted damage. for example if ur base dmg is 100 and u get 20%, 20%, 20% boosters u dont do 160, u get 120 boosted by 20% to 144 boosted by 20% to 172.8 (the amount of boost gets higher every single time rather than being constant). its not a linear growth, its geometric :p

edit: my armor is crafted spiritweave type

btw they added a new expansion called Teeth of Naros. its fun

edit2: LOL just swapped 2 more parts and added fateshifting, very interesting

[​IMG]

seems like i found the best combination for everyone. use the following components:

% damaging - affects all damage, physical, magical, elemental, everything. flawless quality is 30%

% vs lightly wounded - affects all damage just as % damaging for enemies that are above 50% hp, including full hp and since all moves will insta kill anyway, its the best out there. tested it with elemental and magical %, spells did the same but weps did a lot more with % vs lightly wounded. parts you want are flawless assailing bindings, flawless assailing rivets and conqueror's gem (physical + physical or poison + fire for sagecraft). flawless quality is 20%

everlasting - counts as % damage resistance for ALL damage, physical, magical, elemental, everything. flawless quality is 12%

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.