1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Chanter Build: What do you think is more effective?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Testify, Apr 22, 2012.

?

Your Preferred Chanter Build

1. Defensive/Tanky

14 vote(s)
    31.1%
  2. Offensive

17 vote(s)
    37.8%
  3. Both/Mix

14 vote(s)
    31.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Testify

Testify "I’m necessary evil." Forum Legend

I'm not opting to defy failure as a chanter. I'm simply wanting to learn the builds. I happen to know the chanter's general description. Classes may really differ from mainly their classes but also they differ on how they're being played. Failure though is just a manifestation of a spectators mind to whom he/she dislike the fact how the other player plays the class. :)

Thanks for the input, your guide is helpful but I need straight answers. I'm too lazy read a wall of text.

I'm at 2.1 MR but I already changed it last night. I'm running around with MA/CRIT/ATTACK on my Set and Crit/Accu on my weapons.
    MAcc on my ncc mace and shield. as far as switching my weapons in between fights so far its working but would need to test it more.

2. Fantaros

Fantaros Banned Forum Legend

defensive/tanky : MR on set.. block on mace-shield
    offensive : the athanas with m.acc stones- the set with attack/crit/accurasy
    Mixed: I play with mr set and m.acc or crit on my staff and doing perfect..

the reason i prefer mr?

without mr you will get silenced to death and won't be able to heal yourself.

i voted for the mixed set

~goodluck

2 people like this.
  3. Jessica

Jessica Banned Forum Legend

Effective in what? PvP or PvE, keeping yourself and group alive or keeping every foe you encounter to bend their knees and drop dead. i don't understand why you would ask such a question. A chanter is a chanter, this is not a matter of to go offensive or defensive. . Because in Siel you are allowed to have all the skills. You should play as a chanter and a chanter is effective in doing both offensive and defensive if you know how to play it, And being in a server like this you have to be flexible. So my vote goes to "both", you don't learn this by reading guides, or watching videos, these will help but not as much as going out there and experience the real thing without so much a preparation like making this thread to open a discussion and receive several opinions that don't make sense once you do it yourself.

4. Testify

I agree with getting more exposure on how your class has to work along with you. :)

This thread is a poll, for me to be able to test all kinds of builds on a chanter. No offense, but this thread right here? It's me preparing for the real thing in game. :) It's my first time to play the class and It will help me decide what to put on those slots and what i think will not work for me.

5. Badrobot

Badrobot SNU SNU

I think what you need is this.

First of all...attack +5 is SH1T..so remove all stones.

Put crit on your staff (athanas fate staff,not abg) and use scroll and crit food,see how much crit you got then,if its under 700 then add crit in one more of your parts,make it 800ish. The rest stack accuracy til you get around 2650-2800 this depends on you. And whats left stack either HP or Parry or MA. Your shield and mace should have MR or Block but you could also put crit or MA on it if you plan on kiting with shield+extendable mace.

I am not a chanter,i only played for a week and then gave up,i just posted some stuff based on general understanding about the class.

6. Fantaros

Fantaros Banned Forum Legend

attack is attack robot.. it's not that sh1t. :) i was playing full attack chanter back in 2.1 and i made 1k kills in less than a month..

2 people like this.
  7. Testify

Problem with my athana's is that i fused it with lvl 40 abyss so i only got crit+15 stones on the fuse and accuracy with my athanas. - since 93 gold medals and 1.5k credits is a bit expensive nowadays.

Question though: Chanter's Stun: is this magical or physical?

I only switch to mace and shield if the're a massively group of people bound by an oath to crush whatever that stands in their way - Zerg. And then I ran! :) or If there's a need for me to support a group. The rest of the fight scene, it's switching from athana's and abg staff vice versa. - i got 2.4 accuracy with abg staff so if i plan to get close.

8. Badrobot

Badrobot SNU SNU

You can put level 60 stones on it after you fuse it :p

9. Saha25

Saha25 ☠ ♥ RAUHA ♥ ☠

i also played with full attack build for some month and it was good, as Fanta said you can make more than 1k kills on a month as i did too

i'm a full offensive type chanter

manastones: crit (staff, 3 armor part) + attack (2part)

my defensive items are a mace + a shield on m.resist, but i only use them when i try to run for my life vs a zerg

2 people like this.
  10. Testify

And............it keeps on failing now ;(

11. Ephinoia

Ephinoia New Member

I got :
    ABG Chain Set ( Full Mr )
    NHDE Malevite Glasses
    NCC Helm
    ABG Crit Set with Belt
    WOCL2
    Laestrygos Staff 10s fused with EGT Staff ( Full Crit )
    NTO Staff 10s fused with NCC Staff ( Full Crit )
    ABG Shield ( Mr )
    Laestrygos Mace 10p Sil ( Mr )

I tried all manastones Block,Att,Crit,Mr etc etc. Best one is MR ! Totaly make your chanter full Mr and use Lae staff. Also use shield and mace when u are running or dueling with templar-gladiator. also u can change your weapon when u got rooted from sorcs so when sorc is going to inflict more u ve chance to resist em.

3 people like this.
  12. Jayrii

Jayrii Expert

2.1MR is good enough.. MR BUILD IS NOT ONLY USED TO RESIST MAGIC like what noob people always think.. MR is also good against stuns and stumbles.. you need to be like unstoppable to effectively attack the target and support your allies..

actually, all the stuff that you'd like to know is on my guide, that guide is really modified.. I mean, I just chose the most important stuff about chanter.. I believe it would only take less than 10mins of your time for you to read it..

All stuns are magical in effect.. but when the attack that has stun is parried or blocked then, the stun will not effect.. MA is effective against MR build target while ACCU is effective against Block/Parry build target.. I suggest crit +17 coz ciritcal strike helps on the success of stunning and as well as stumbling a target..

13. Xartino_Tsirko

Xartino_Tsirko v(⌐■_■)v

MR is for trolls and for nubs who are afraid to die + they don't know their class. :p

14. Jayrii

Jayrii Expert

oh really? you a pro sir?

15. Xartino_Tsirko

Xartino_Tsirko v(⌐■_■)v

Look at my signature ;)

16. Jayrii

Jayrii Expert

aw, you're a noob..

DEAL WITH IT

17. Xartino_Tsirko

Xartino_Tsirko v(⌐■_■)v

You so WIN! Tell me how you differ from the rest in Gamez who run in full MR or MA sets, when the majority of the players got nearly same stats ;)

18. Jayrii

Jayrii Expert

I am different sir.. I has skills

19. Xartino_Tsirko

Xartino_Tsirko v(⌐■_■)v

I are having acknowledge of your skills mate, we were in same legions more than twice ;)

20. Jayrii

Jayrii Expert

hhhmmmpp! what's ur ign? I bet we pvped a lot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.