1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Spiritmasters

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Aradude, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Aradude

Aradude New Member

I am a total newbie at SMs, so I would like to ask for advice from the pros for this server...

Other than all of the Summon Energy skills, are there any SM skills which are bugged?

With the elemental DoTs for the Energy skills bugged, what will be the bread and butter spells for SM in Gamez?
    The fire and ice chains are both stuck at Type I, so they aint really useful at all higher up. Erosion is not bad, but takes quite a while to deliver the its full damage...

Is the only point for inviting a SM to PvE groups for Spirit Erosion? Will Fear-ed enemies run off into the instance and chain-aggro everything on its way?

How about for PvP? The main power of SM for normal Aion seems to be fear/bind, while the DoT and the spirits slowly do their work... How does this work for Gamez?

Thanks a bunch for any advice offered!

2. Ekzh

Ekzh B E W I L D Forum Legend

First.
    Ice Chain & fire r sorcerers skills so useless for sm, dont use it.

Instead Ice u have Chain of Earth that is instant and do the same thing.

Besides Summon Energy skills, in think Ignite Aether, Spirit Substitution r bugged.

For pvp, ur best weapon its fear, later blind/silence & ur dots. U need to keep ur distance and use ur dots to kill them besides send ur spirit for more and direct dmg.

Ur better dots:
    ♦ Infernal Pain <3
    ♦ Cyclone of Wrath
    ♦ Erosion
    ♦ Sandblaster

Fear+dots = enemy death

3. Viper

Viper Proficient

Haha he pretty much summed it up for you

4. Phyliss

Phyliss New Member

First, spiritmasters has a lot of non-working skills.. (Sadly..)
    I have an Elyos spiritmaster, which is my main character.
    If you can PM in-game, i can give you some advice :)

5. elshagan

elshagan Expert

One thing that most people don't know is that if you use fear the "spirit" is counted as a spirit so Weaken Spirit does extra dmg. ^^

6. Ekzh

Yeah i know.

Look here u have a video from another private server but that is basically what u have to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-xwOH-HFTE

Watch from 2:28

7. Aradude

Aradude New Member

Thanks for the quick answer!

How about for PvE/Instancing? Will Fearing the monster cause it to run off into the nearby mobs and chain aggro when it comes running back? (Kind of scared of that after play WoW warlocks...)

For SM, should I pick Orbs or Tomes? Since SM seems to require a lot on debuffs such as Fear or Silence, the most logically conclusion I can arrive at is that Tomes are the only way to go, but with the already low damage output, would it be wiser to use Orbs for that extra Magic Boost?

Another thing, I did a search on this forum, and it seems that the highest level of spirits(Level IV) for SM was bugged to have low stats? Has that been fixed yet?

8. Aegis

Aegis Guest

I wish I could post a guide, but to be honest the class is sooo much different to me here than it was for me on retail. I can't even really play it without getting frustrated.

For PvE instances you have hand of torpor, which with a pretty good group should be more than enough CC power. Aside from that, fears should work.

Orbs/tomes either does not really matter here. But I prefer the Tome just INCASE someone has a fair amount of magic resistance... make sure that spell clips onto them.

Spirits are broken.

9. Viper

Viper Proficient

Fears will make monsters unable to move, the wont run off, its quite useful. Go for Tomes. Also the level IV Tempest, Wind, and fire spirits work, but the magma, earth, and water dont.

10. Ekzh

Like they said.

Here none use magical resist so i will chose orb for more mb. I use tome cause i like it and there's only 100/200 between tome & orb.

Aegis do a guide! For retail and for private servers =)

Like Viper said, Only Tempest (Elyo), Wind & Fire works. Earth & Water r bugged. Use III =)

Btw Water Spirit is the best =)

11. Aradude

Aradude New Member

After playing SM to 55, and a few trips to DP, I have a few more questions, which hopefully the gurus from before can answer for me once more plz >D<

1.)There are in total 3(+1 for the Remove Shock chain?) Fear abilities available to the SM by 55, correct? Is there any difference between Curse of Fire and the normal Fear spell other than 1 being instant cast with long cooldown, the other with longer cast with short cooldown?

For Fear Shriek, is it bugged? I have noticed that the ability fails to cast when in a party in an instance or in large PvP encounters. So should it be treated as just a subpar fear skill?

2.)When a mob/player is feared, there is this 'Frightened'(I think?) debuff, along with a No Fly debuff. What exact does the Frightened debuff do? Does it drop the target's defense/magic resistance? Meaning is it possible to Fear a boss to lower its magic resistance in order to allow other debuffs to land with a higher chance?

3.)Spirit Erosion, how does this works, really? Must the debuff be still on by the time the mob does in order for the 'improved Droprate' to take effect? Or is it possible to just spam Erosion and it will just stack behind the scene after the DoT has worn off?

4.)After stacking almost all Magic Acc manastones into a Anuhart SM set, even switching to a full magic acc socketed Anuhart Tome when I cast debuffs, I am getting resisted almost 80% of the time by instance mobs, not just bosses. Is there anyway to further improve my debuff hit rates, or is this normal?

This is a serious issue for Erosion, since it seems to hardly hit at all. I have basically seen Erosion hit around 3~4 times in total after 5 days...

Which brings me to the next point:

5.)Does the SM's gear affects the Spirit's hit rate/magic acc in anyway? Other than the 4 buffs for the Spirit, is there any other way to improve its Magic Acc so that Erosion hits more often?

6.)Which Dispel spells are actually working in Gamez? Other than removing buffs off a mob, is there any other function for Dispells? Can it remove debuffs off players?

7.)Which of the Spirit skills are actually useful(and functioning?) Bread and butter for attacking should be Detonation Claw? Thunderbolt Claw? Ruinous Assault?

8.)Are there Blind skills for SM?

Sorry for the WoT! Thanks in advance once again~

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010