1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NCSoft Launcher - Do i need two? Or can i add GamezAion to my NA NCSoft Launcher?

Discussion in 'GamezAION General Discussion' started by Theprior, May 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theprior

Theprior New Member

I have my Gameforge Aion Uk (where my main account is) and i have NCSoft Launcher with the NA Aion Client in it. I also have Gamezaion, but it is not in my NCSoft launcher. I can't remember what i did when i installed my NA client a few months ago, but since doing that, i don't have my GamezAion client linked to the launcher anymore, so i'm wondering how i will update my Gamezaion to 3.0. I have a fast internet so if i have to redownload shit that's fine (100MB net ftw :p), but can i add my gamezaion client to my NCsoft launcher so i have both NA and this server on it, or am i able to download a second ncsoft launcher from here and run Gamezaion through it? I hope this makes sense xD

2. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

run ur ncsoft launcher, right click aion in the games list -> properties -> browse and locate ur gamezaion folder \bin32\aion.bin, then u can update ur gamezaion client

otherwise maybe a better way is copy pasting ur retail client and installing the gamez launcher into it. probably faster and lower risk of having to redownload the entire client as some people have been having

3. Frankjto

Frankjto New Member

Try this. Head to NCSoft Launcher Right-click on AION -> Properties ---> Browse and choose your folder aion.bind 3.0 .. If it does not work that you can not do: P ..

Google translator

4. Theprior

Theprior New Member

Thanks for the reply Smaritk. That second method u mentioned - does that mean i should delete my current Gamezaion folder, copy and paste my NA Aion folder, and download a second NCSoft launcher to attach to it? is it not possible for me to just download a second NCSoft launcher now, and then when it detects NA Aion, change that to Gamezaion, so i have one NCSoft launcher for NA, and one for Gamezaion?

5. Smartik1

1. you do not need a 2nd ncsoft launcher, you can simply change where the ncsoft launcher points to (not necessary)
    2. delete your gamezaion client
    3. copy paste your NA retail Aion and name it AionGamez or something (ur choice)
    4. install the gamez aion launcher into your new AionGamez folder
    5. your client is ready and you can play (when the server updates like 11 hours from now)

your gamezaion client does not have to be linked to the ncsoft launcher but if you wish to update it in the future, run your ncsoft launcher -> right click aion in the games list -> properties -> browse -> locate your AionGamez\bin32\Aion.bin and update it, then use the same method to attach it back to your NA retail client

you never need more ncsoft launchers, one is enough :p just change the location of the client you are updating

6. Theprior

Theprior New Member

Ah i understand now, thanks alot :D i never play the NA anymore anyway, only made it when 3.0 came out to try the new stuff, but stopped at 35 when i remembered the jeiaparan grind at 40+ xD

7. Smartik1

well in that case why bother copy pasting the client at all? just use ur retail client to play gamez. u can play both gamez and retail from the same client for now. put this in ur aion folder
    GamezAion.bat

u can send a shortcut to ur desktop and run gamez that way, without any extra files in ur client

8. Theprior

Theprior New Member

Ok, but it's a text file, how do i run it? xD

9. Smartik1

shouldnt be :p its a bat file, should be editable in notepad but shouldnt open in it by default. whats ur operating system? i can reset ur default file type association for bat files so it runs

10. Theprior

Theprior New Member

ahh it's notepad atm because of when i got 64bit Aion to run when i played on NA Aion

Windows 7 64 Bit

11. Smartik1

that was lame xD let people help, he wasnt wrong

12. Theprior

Theprior New Member

I posted my answer at bottom of page 1 btw Smartik :)

13. Smartik1

14. Theprior

Theprior New Member

It still says it's a text document, even when i redownload it (after running that default bat file). I still have my Gamezaion folder so i could just grab it out of there, not sure which one it is though, there's the Gamezaion Application and Updater application, not sure if any of the other files apply to Gamezaion.

15. Smartik1

well ull have to install the gamez launcher into it anyway

just talked to alente, apparently they change the server IP every hour as part of the DDoS protection due to recent attacks so yea, the bat file wont work, sorry bout that :p

16. Theprior

Theprior New Member

Alright what i'll do then is just open NCsoft launcher and change the Aion to my Gamezaion folder and update it that way, and keep the NA Aion folder seperate. Should work that way. Thanks alot for ur help :)

17. KelvinEvans

KelvinEvans New Member

Do you know that GamezAion.bat cant log into game ??? "You Have Been Disconnected To Server" Message will appear after filled in your ID&Pwd and pressed login

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  18. Theprior

Theprior New Member

ok downloadin 3.0 now for Gamezaion, 3.8 Gb, says it'll be done in an hour though :)

19. Smartik1

copy pasting the NA client would be around 15 minutes and safer :p ud know no files r corrupt lol. either way should work too

just delete the old 2.7 modified items.pak from data\usa\items\ when ur done updating since it can cause u to get stuck in 3.0

yea found out just now from alente, apparently they started changing the IPs so the bat launcher wont work anymore >.>

20. Theprior

Theprior New Member

Ok i'll download ur 3.0 Item.Pak to replace it with ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.