1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Yokoono gladiator 3.0

Discussion in 'Media' started by Yokono, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clubs

Clubs Retired Forum Legend

not very good pvp, no idea how you would deal in a stressful situation. Your bar is mainly built just to rotate off cooldowns. Frankly the only interesting thing you did was make good use of switching between extend and non extend, and even that at times didn't work out to well. Frankly I don't even bother giving a video critical feedback until you at least learn to keymap. Clicking pulls your eyes away from where they should be; their hp bar with peripherals at their character.

With all these recent crap glad videos of late, I am considering making a 3.0 video.

6 people like this.
  2. Akihaz

Akihaz Well-Known Member

noob hahah xD good vid

1 person likes this.
  3. Grrr

Grrr Highly Damaging Member Forum Legend

Please don't contribute.

4. Clubs

Contribute to what?

5. Yokono

Yokono "Sєχυαℓ sумвσℓ" Forum Legend

Sorry bro but

I created my glad

I dont need to copy other glads styles

I play with my style and thats it

maybe u are more good then mee so created a video I can watch it and learn =)

1 person likes this.
  6. Clubs

I already have a video http://forum.gameznetwork.com/f168/clubs-gladiator-2-7-pvp-feat-suhosin-125535/

People make pvp videos to showcase off their playstyle. You have to first understand the bias of your audience towards your gameplay and then build the video in that fashion. You can't just take 5 clips of videos where you won and call it a pvp video, I need to see what happens when you can't just do 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. When your skills are all on cooldown and there are 3 coming for you with a vengeance, how does that play out? I need to see that you aren't just immortalizing your character and that you can die. I need to see how you handle pvp with another player covering your back. It seems just because that glad came out with his pvp video that you need to show all the film in which you beat him. That isn't a pvp video, that is just some bulldrama when people are competing for the "who is the best" game. I do appreciate the fact that you only made the video 7 minutes long, it sure as hell beats the last one that was 15 minutes. Still, that is not long enough to showcase your skills and is overall a poorly presented video. It should take you at least a couple weeks to gather the film, put the video together, decide which clips you want and which you don't want and which order you should put them in.

4 people like this.
  7. lordchikz

lordchikz Proficient

well nice video :D

8. Silverfox

Silverfox ࿇Mind ᚾ ߙ ᚾ Trickery࿇

Compared with real gladiators you're in a middle lvl... bad editing..... i see that you're just a "show off" guy, since you put "solo" on the video's description..... it's "okay"; And maybe you could had gained "more points" if you had shown your deaths... it's clear that you dont like to die... although there's nothing impressive or even revelant there...

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
    2 people like this.
  9. Andrejxxx

Andrejxxx ~Retired

Nice mate :)

10. Uehara

Uehara イシ-サマ。(´ε` ) Forum Legend

Thought I was the only one.

When I was watching the video, I am kind of not amused with some of the clips because you just cut it right after you kill one while their are other opponents around you. I mean, it makes me wonder what happened after you managed to kill that one and how did you handle the rest. As a viewer, I find it more interesting seeing a complete battle even if it means you die in the end. Some of the clips you choose are good, though. You are outnumbered but managed to kill all of them.

I cannot say anything about your own game play since I am not a good Gladiator and I understand the situation since I am clicker as well :p Whatever suits your game style and whatever it is that you're a lot more comfortable, just keep it up!

PS: That emoticon on your skill bar...
    :pouty:!

4 people like this.
  11. unluckycat

unluckycat Banned

Keybinds should be a requirement before submitting a video. Clicky builds show how little effort the player put into his character's build. Not to mention how boring it is to watch someone CLICK the same rotation of skills repeatedly. Did I forget to say how embarrassing it is to post a video where you click skills?

@Yokono, here's my advice: make a keybind setup or don't bother making another video.

2 people like this.
  12. Grrr

Grrr Highly Damaging Member Forum Legend

To the amount of "crap glad videos" as you yourself said they are more than enough.

Really? You mead you come to watch pvp videos to see the main player die?If i'd ever bother myself to make a pvp video (but won't due to personal views of it) i wouldn't upload myself getting killed, everybody dies and everybody knows that so why waste editing and video time to show that dreadful colorless screen and kisk messege?

13. Clubs

I appreciate your concern but I do better then most on my videos since I actually take into consideration the audiences time and whether or not they will be invested into watching the video.

Also showing your deaths in a video demonstrates your limits as a pvper. How many were you taking on? How long did you survive? How many mistakes did you make there? How many did you get to take down before you died yourself? You can't tell me that everytime you ever go pvp you never die; it's part of the game. Winning with full cooldowns against a group of 2 or a fight against a group of 3 with no UD or bezerking while you are blinded? Personally I'd like to see the latter fight if anything.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
    3 people like this.
  14. dontlikepvp

dontlikepvp Gungnirs

what yuna said is true but dnt get carried away yuna cuz u killed so many and survive a group of asmos chasing down ur ass and smehow manage to kill them.at least give some pointers on everythng he did.skill ths and that.bla bla.keybind bla bla.say things that might encourage him to do better.we wanna see sme improvement after being critized politely by u who made name for urself.

1 person likes this.
  15. Clubs

I don't give pointers until unless you are keymapped.

Catch my attention and I'll give it a proper review: http://forum.gameznetwork.com/f168/templar-solo-pvp-video-119727/

16. koko23

koko23 Vildil's Slave

i agree with most of these points however i think your execution was terribly rude and uncalled for to insult someone
    whether it was indirectly or directly. Not everyone has the experience and your comment on clicking is only half right since you have to look away from your target at some point to check cds it takes a quick glance but a clicker that knows their skills only need to glance for a moment...he does click way too much and needs to bind better but this was a very rude and because of the end arrogant post which was not needed or called for.

1 person likes this.
  17. Clubs

You do make a good point on it, I was unnecessarily rude in that post, and for that I do sincerely apologize. Just more irritable now adays; *sigh*.

also on your comment about where your eyes are, you do indeed glance down to see the cooldowns, but you shouldn't have to take your eyes off for every skill. I keep my important CD skills near the top and bottom of my screen so I am always able to make quick glances and know where to look. Let me try again to explain why keymapping is so bad.

When you type, do you look at your keyboard or do you look at your screen? Majority of people would say that they look at their screen, especially when they are playing a game like Aion; they have no time to glance down. You don't have to look at the keys because you can Feel them, once of the senses that otherwise goes unused. If you're clicking, you can't feel where you skills are, you have to look where they are at. It's easier to do, but will be slower in the long run; just like when you are typing without looking.

1 person likes this.
  18. koko23

koko23 Vildil's Slave

you are right i have no arguments there or really against what you said
    just how you said it and i very much understand keybind importance since most my skills are bound
    except like 2 keybinds versus pure clicking is no contest really when 2 skilled players fight
    you will always be faster than your opponent with binds than without

19. Suhosin

Suhosin Cafe Fairy Foreva! Forum Legend

sealclubber isnt sealclubber without keybinding guys! (weed also LOL)
    remember that teheeeeee

and yes, it isnt the best thing to watch too many clicks in pvp video :3
    something to improve for yokono i guess!

1 person likes this.
  20. dontlikepvp

dontlikepvp Gungnirs

u only give pointers to player who keymapped and if they catch ur attention,u'll give them proper review???is that a joke?i accept the fact that i cant kill u if 1vs1 cuz u too good for me.i accept the fact u one of the best glad in ths server.i look up to u whether u like it or not.not everyone comfortable to keymapped unlike u.not everyone hav the talent like u hav.it seems like u drown in ur own glory rather than shared it with others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.