1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

OTCBuildClient32_woGG error

Discussion in 'Problems' started by jerry1336, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerry1336

jerry1336 New Member

Getting this error 10x or something in 20 mins, make it stop, how do i fix pls pls pls pls help me admin

2. Idrilke

Idrilke Proficient

3. RAWRASURUS

RAWRASURUS New Member

Im still having issues. mine got upgraded to 3.0.0.10 and i cant get past the NCsoft screen ): tried using downgrader didnt work.

4. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

actually there is no such version as 3.0.0.10, you simply got confused by the labels during patching. there r 2 separate version numbers ncsoft uses, one is for the game itself, the other is for language files

i checked it out atm to see what was going on and this update has not changed the game version (still 3.0.0.8), merely updated the language files

first of all, no matter what the version is, your game should allow you to load until the login screen. if its not loading, its corrupt/missing files, not the fault of the version

this was a new update that hasnt changed the version number so ill have to take a look at it to see if it could potentially cause problems. before this update, the older 3.0.0.8 worked with the downgrade

note: make sure u try load the game with the original items.pak (no modified one) as that can cause this error, especially for win xp people

5. cocosul

cocosul Guest

u did it wrong from start.next time just paste downgrade folder on your game and will fix it. u dont need t repair at all was enought t copy again downgrade on your game.

6. RAWRASURUS

RAWRASURUS New Member

I have the normal items.pak and i copied over the downgrader files again but still nothing D;
    in the nclauncher it says my version is 3.0.0.4 i was playing this morning and then when i exited and reopened it wont go past the logo...

7. Smartik1

just tested, the downgrade still works even after the latest patch so u must have done something wrong

1. make sure ur data\usa\items\ and data\europe\items folders are empty
    2. make sure ur data\items\ folder has the original items.pak and nothing else (28,409kb, modified 18.7.2012 13:11). if its any other, delete everything in that folder
    3. run your ncsoft launch -> right click aion -> repair
    4. try run the game, make sure you get at least to login screen. if you do, quit and apply the downgrade. if you dont, the problem is elsewhere

if you get an error before downgrading, delete everything inside your bin32 folder except for aion.bin, then repair and try run the game. that should do it

8. RAWRASURUS

RAWRASURUS New Member

my items pack was 29,800 KB or something so i deleted it and running repair now. will let you know
    Edit# still have the error after first repair. deleted bin 32 repairing again.
    (does it matter that i have a bin 64 as well?)

Edit2# So after deleting bin32 still didnt work so gonna try 64 as well and repair

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  9. RAWRASURUS

RAWRASURUS New Member

Not sure how but im in the game now...

10. icey701

icey701 "I Like u"

Sometimes Rarely but sometimes Your Harddisk drive Can be corrupt or have bad sectors not allowing you to repair the game,,
    Sorce:personal experience over the past two years i have had issues like what your getting and sometimes a hdd repair in windows works most of the time i have had to replace the hdd itself Aion seems to burn my hdd's out very quickly

11. Smartik1

tell me bout it :p 20gb here, 20gb there, constantly creating and recreating the client when making fixes >.> my hdd is dying and im on a laptop lol, not as easy to replace as hdd cloning on a desktop

1 person likes this.
  12. NiceName

NiceName New Member

Your Aion will get the error OTCBuildClient32_woGG(33) and crash on Windows because the operating system comes with DirectX 6 only. Aion and most new games require DirectX 9 or above. I just search for the DirectX download and upgraded mine, and then it works without errors.

13. Smartik1

thats as inaccurate as it gets

1. if its a directx issue, it specifically says u need directx 9.0c from 2008 or later
    2. windows doesnt come with directx 6, that version was last used on win98 which was 14 years ago
    3. on most OS the problem is the directx is too new (10 and 11) and lacks the required files to run it
    4. aion was built on directx 9.0c so "and above" is wrong since having just higher ones will not let u run it
    5. this error can be caused by a lot of other things, mostly items.pak and other incompatible files, mainly bin32 folder (or together with send log error while playing, thats normal) but not as a directx issue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.