1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Problems with game settings and more?!

Discussion in 'Problems' started by Ayaria, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ayaria

Ayaria α ℓ ι ν є ❤ Forum Legend

Chara is glowing and map is bugged >.<

Heey there! :3 I play Aion since yesterday and I got a problem with the game graphic, I actually think that's something about that?!My chara is glowing, but just my chara, the other ones are normal. How can I avoid that?And also my map is bugged, when I have blue quests and I have to kill some mobs those blue clouds are always on the wrong position, mostly somewhere above of the map. I restart everytime Aion, but no chance.It that normal or how can I fix it?Hope someone can help me! :/p.s. hope it's the right place where I post the thread, if not I'm really, really sorry! :S

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  2. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

screenshot the effect you are describing, also screenshot your graphics settings tab (preferably expand the advanced and screenshot both halves of the window) and post them here

3. Ayaria

So here is my glowing chara, I recognized that when I start Aion, my chanter looks normal, when I move her, she begins glowing, so I think it's a bug and my map is also bugged as you can see.

aion 2012-10-16 22-51-55-48.jpg aion 2012-10-16 22-57-32-90.jpg aion 2012-10-16 22-59-44-90.jpg aion 2012-10-16 23-00-32-12.jpg

4. cocosul

cocosul Guest

all settings on max^^ :) i guess is to mutch for :) i suggest at graphic engine to use default not hq. and strange u have some options there which are different on my options^^. anyway try to lower some of its turn off weather and dont make any quest^^. but whut i know shure is that u need to use as graphic engine default one. try it

5. Smartik1

id try change the bloom effect or the character LOD, anyways u should check the display fps box so we get an idea if the settings r too much for u to run and thats the reason for weird settings

either way u can try lower them a bit at a time to see if it ever goes away and if it doesnt, switch to the default engine and try the same. that way ull find out whats doing it

edit: high quality lighting effects r unique to the HD graphics engine, try lower that

6. ghost521

ghost521 Lucent's name is Jeremy

why would you want to fix it? Looks pretty already.

7. Smartik1

its caused by 1 of the lighting effects which make the char seem pale/plastic :p some might like it i guess but looks a bit too unnatural to me

as for the map circles, u should make someone else try locate the same thing to see if its server side or client side

8. Ayaria

*haha* that's normal for me :p my laptop is very good, I can easily play Aion on max with an average of ~55fps, also my graphicsdrivers are uptodate and the latest Direct X is installed, that's the reason why I'm asking. Could it be of the game files which I have downloaded from the forum, 'cause I had to downgrade vom 3.5 to 3.0.0.4, maybe there is missing something? But I can also mistaken.

9. Smartik1

the downgrade is new and i dont play private servers anymore so i havent tested everything :p i logged it on the default engine max settings and everything was fine

i think if it was the downgrade people would have complained bout it already since 357 people downloaded it by now (mediafire statistics, they dont refresh too often as it seems)

10. Ayaria

I see :) So I have put the settings down a bit now and again everything fits. Hope it stays so :p Thank you for your advices!
    But the map will stay bugged, right? There is nothing I can do to fix it?

11. Smartik1

ask some1 else to locate the same thing to see if it shows properly. some1 with the original 3.0.0.4 client (or downgraded from 3.0.0.8 or lower). also try locate anything else to see if other stuff does it. then ask some1 with a downgraded client from 3.5, then ull know if its the downgrades fault

12. Ayaria

Okay, I'll ask around! Thank you, you helped me a lot! :D

13. cocosul

cocosul Guest

i never had that problem and never heard about it^^ 1st of all u dont rlly need quests not at that lvl maybe is bugged map on verteron only. try t change rezolution and look if it get fixed with that^^.if dont work ...then u need new pc for sure.:) and about quality ....dont try t hight most of ppls go on performance mode:) quality mode is for girls which like t admire around:)

14. Ayaria

*haha* At the beginning it didn't bother me, because I've noticed that it only during the day in Aion and at night it's again normal, but somehow it bother me after a certain time. xD *sorry* I already tried that, but it's on every quest. About the quest thing: I know but it's a habit of me xD I hope not, my pc is just some weeks ago and as I said I already played Aion on the servers of IA and there was everything fine. :)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  15. shinigamieye

shinigamieye New Member

lol finally found someone with the same exact problem as me, i had the original 3.5 client since i just came back and downgraded and i play on max settings with an average of 75 fps, at first i didn't notice it but then after going to switch characters i noticed all of my characters were stuck like that, it's almost as if the characters have downgraded quality, it doesn't happen in sanctum and clicking auto-detect fixes it, however, going to verteron and eltnen both messed it back up and i see a huge difference in quality. I repaired to 3.5 and tried playing the retail client version and it does not do this at all and everything is fine, downgrade and it does it. i'll post some screenies of what it should look like and what it ends up being.

16. shinigamieye

shinigamieye New Member

Aion0005.jpg Aion0006.jpg Aion0007.jpg these are what it looks like, first is the original in santcum second is what happens when they glow, and it's not just my character, you can see the npc's are glowing as well

Attached Files:

17. Ayaria

Ohh, how great I'm not alone! :) It also come back on lower settings and I already installed the client again and downgraded but it's the same thing so I play Aion with this bug cause it's not all the time present :/

18. shinigamieye

shinigamieye New Member

go to sanctum and click on "auto detect" and see if it goes to it's original settings of how it should look that might help narrow info down.

19. Ayaria

So I tried your suggestion and I recognize that I don't have this problem in Sanctum, but when I use Scroll to get to Veteron my chara again is glowing! It's weird! o_O

aion 2012-10-18 17-03-56-58.jpg aion 2012-10-18 17-04-46-84.jpg

20. shinigamieye

shinigamieye New Member

yeah same for me, don't have the problem in sanctum but it won't auto correct in eltnen/verteron, i haven't tried many other places as i usually stop playing because of how much it bugs me but i'll add wherever else it does it as i get there.

i'm thinking it has something to do with downgrading from 3.5 but that's just a guess....

i should also add the fact that yours is exactly identical to my problem, it's not just your character you can see the npcs have a white glow too which means it's all character models from what i can see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.