1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Improving PVP in Gamez Aion

Discussion in 'GamezAION General Discussion' started by Momo, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nuttela

Nuttela RetiredFromAion

alente is not co-admin any more.. from what i know gamezaion is alentes and carl has the tera server

I didn't see he stated it's a possibility though o.o

2. BetaMax

BetaMax Lord Emperor Forum Legend

true, he didnt. but i think Gamez now need this changes.
    sigh. too bad it must need a power of like Alente to make this wish happen,.

3. YunoSagai

YunoSagai New Member

They're too busy spending the dollars from donations for their own interests, so no good will come for the server.

1 person likes this.
  4. Rome

Rome ソロモン・ヨアズ・アブラハム Forum Legend

Alente is very ill as far as I know, your argument is invalid.

1 person likes this.
  5. Clubs

Clubs Retired Forum Legend

GamezAion's pvp has completely dropped off the face of the earth. Players hide and hug their obelisks, rarely pressing out unless they have 3 backing them. Rest of the maps empty, you are forced to pvp at one of 5 locations on the map, all with the presence of other players in "your" zone. Now you charge in to find yourself being hit by sorcs with cap attack and casting speed (thanks WoC L2) or being silenced/blinded every god damn hit. There are constant bugs, not just small ones, but ones that literally affect the game. Have you guys tried playing Templar recently? I think half the time you spend pvping is standing next to people you pulled waiting for them to reappear somewhere. Still nice to see sorcerers and sins blind leaping up to me, god I think that bug is so old I was banning people for it when I was an AM. I have game crashes, I fall under maps, I am hit by random mobs that don't belong (seriously wtf are you doing 70m in the air gliding next to me). What is up with these Wings of the Circle? I don't have to use an attack speed scroll? As a gladiator all my attack speed DP skills are pointless and are just like another berzerking? All attack speed decrease skills don't mean anything because I can just flurry right through it?

GamezAion, a US private server, has 20% people actually from the US. With the rest having ping issues; there is little competition to be had. Even though we hold the most "Outs" (amount of people who visited our site via their banner) on all 5 voting sites, 1 server is dead and the other dying of good pvp. I thought we were going to get a huge surge of new players when retail went free and people went to private servers to check out the game. People did come check out the game, for a time, Ishalgen and Poeta were full. They soon found out that it would be very hard to get gear. New players, people who have no idea what they are doing, trying to figure out some ways to actually get gear to be able to enjoy the main aspect I used to enjoy about this server, the pvp. Gamez offers little support to the new players, who need it desperately.

I could rant on, but unfortunately, we have to face the facts here. The problems aren't getting solved, and we are wondering why. From my best guess, the dev team can't tell whether to put a hat on their ass or on their head. How does this get done? Again, from my best guess, either Carl or Alente have to then get them to go stand in the rain and figure out why the hat isn't working. Carl seems to have his mind invested into Tera, his new big thing that should roll him in the bank. From what I've seen, the only one left is Josh, the same guy who has been here for 2 years devoting countless hours to cleaning out the ridiculous amount of crap this server tends to defaecate out. Do you honestly think he enjoys having to be the bad guy every god damn day? I know if I was him, I'd hate that damn job, but he still does it anyway. He has to manage an AM team that almost ate itself out from the inside while he was on a hiatus for a month, process bans (now that Bryne and Ash are gone), coordinate with the developers, server hosts, forums hosts, and any other dude who is involved in the process. Now we ask them to fix our problems, the server that we had some of our finest pvp moments on, except we really don't realize that posting threads about the problems don't get the problems solved. Carl has moved on to Tera, he doesn't care much about Aion anymore, if Nuttela is right, Alente is the admin now. He doesn't have enough time to draft up the reports to Carl to approve them. So who is left? Us. If we really want to get things solved, then solve it the way they asked us to solve it. Make your suggestions in the format that they asked. Weigh out the positives, AND the negatives. Add as much detail as possible, but keep your idea realistic. They can get sued if they tweak the game mechanics too much.

http://forum.gameznetwork.com/f63/[official]-gamezaion-suggestions-tweaks-126409/

Video the bugs, doccument them, get them into the forums. Then we will have a solid reason, proof, that things need to be fixed.

7 people like this.
  6. YunoSagai

YunoSagai New Member

No, no. Alente? Just how many people are running this server? You're pointing a person directly. You've been playing long enough on this server but still denying the fact that Gamez(Aion) isn't running smoothly. There have been several suggestions from players that were proposed to the administration but not a single of those were actually considered. I'm sorry Sauuron, I hope you won't get mad at me, but I'm not starting an argument here, besides we both know that majority of the players here are not satisfied with how the current Admins are handling these issues.

7. kruno212

kruno212 Banned

To tell ya the truth, I think you're really wrong.

A Admin shouldn't be the one that is doing all the job by his own hand, he should make his own people do their job. All Alente needs to do is take care of his staff, hire some good people and fire the ones that are doing sh!tty work. Trust me, with a bunch of people that know what're they doing, he could do that in like 1 day.

Despite of doing a good job (which he does), I honestly think he should just make his staff and dev team not the ones that fix the bugs untill the game is playable, he should make them to continuously fix every single bug they come upon. What has Carl done so far? I have been playing aion for quite a long time, every single thread I saw from Carl was surprisingly stupid. He fixed nothing, he did 2-3 quests, fixed 1 npc and maybe some relic. Aion is 3.5 and is now coming 4.0, gamez still hasn't got working housing system, which from what i have seen, I think they have gave up.

I don't want or need to blame Alente for this, most of this community sees him as a Administrator and owner, but it's Carl, and Alente can't do anything that Carl doesn't want, so it's Carl's main fault.

However Alente should pay much more attention to his staff and in my opinion, the staff should be checked on their work waay more often than what he does. Also Alente should give the ones that he trust waay more power than what they have. At the moment there is no HeadAM so that title is pointless, probably there will come the person which is the worst for that job but okay, and persons that were valuable, were doing their job and knew what they were doing have retired, or will retire soon.

If you want to improve the PVP system, trust me, Brian, Deathangel, Fabi and rest can do it easily, only thing they need is a little more power. If Alente and Carl don't want to give them that power, then move your bussy or sick ass to Gamez Aion and instead of making another server that will be the "best pvp" which obviously isn't, and the most retail-one that has one of the most number of bugs among 20-30 top Aion servers, go and fix that untill players are satisfied and you are. If it keeps this way, Gamez Aion will eventually fall apart. People will start to see that zerging has no point, people will see that u can lvl faster and get decent gear on retail than get some decent pvp on this server, and it's a pvp server, isn't it?

2 people like this.
  8. SweetNoms

SweetNoms Claims

Adding custom teleporters and making new rift areas or permanent rifts is obviously the wide-spread consensus, so why has this NOT been implemented? The capability is definitely there, as is seen in other servers. If the current coders lack the skill to do this, get competent ones who can.

1 person likes this.
  9. Badrobot

Badrobot SNU SNU

You can find countless threads like this one,but nothing ever changed :/

1 person likes this.
  10. Suhosin

Suhosin Cafe Fairy Foreva! Forum Legend

the best way i can think about now, is to close ingi/gelk/heiron/beluslan
    i know, those places are where all the pvp is handled but the important fact is that new pvp map tiamaranta is not being utilized to pvp by others.

and now, I know that some of you will think that all the zerg is gona be in tiamaranta and i agree, most of them will be there.
    However, we just have to do that for a week? maybe less or more?

and opening the rest of the pvp map, heiron/beluslan/gelk will allow to "spread out" players more.
    some people will pvp in tia mainly after they experience the map
    Now, im sure that wont "fix" the zerg, i mean thats how they like to play right?
    outnumbering someone, and we can't blame anyone on that because thats how they like to play, like some of us like to solo/duo etc.
    but it will definitely reduce the zerg in size.

personally, i would love it if they fixed the mr formula + mboost formula.
    i hav 2.4k mr yet i am ankled many times by non ma glads,
    and mboost.. rofl u know

@clubs
    yes that lure bug for templar is annoying as hell.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  11. Ashtar

Ashtar Enraged Ashtarius Forum Legend

When retail got 3.5, rifts were opened to level 60. When Gamez gets 3.5 you'll all be able to go to Morheim, Eltnen, etc. The only problem I can see for Gamez is that there is not a fast track server for the lowbies to be able to get away from the higher level players.

[​IMG]

12. Clubs

With all that being said, it really doesn't change anything. We don't technically understand the chain of command and the power Alente is given by Carl. We also don't understand what the dev team is (could be close personal friends of Carl, maybe why they haven't been fired yet). The AM team definetly could help, but what more power is really needed to be given? All in all, the same petition goes to the same person (Carl), and that same person decides whether or not it is viable. Sure, there are definite changes that need to be made on how our staff operates, but at the same time, this is a much more active GM team then most Aion private and retail servers.

We can say that there are problems, we can complain about the problems, but it never gets anything done. If we really want to redeem our server, it will require us to take charge. Personally, I would love the tester system to be reopened, I know I could make at least 5 bug reports off the bat.

1 person likes this.
  13. Vildiil

Vildiil Hit em with a 100 round clip Forum Legend

Permanent rifts = permanent camping = permanent need of AMs online all the time.

Unless you're volunteering to rifthump and perma monitor them all day every day, in which case sure sounds fantastic.

Rifts to Morheim/Eltnen open on retail at 60 soon enough, soon as we get 3.5 they'll unlock for us too of course. The location thing in LFG I'd like removed on a personal basis but, from an AM perspective I could see that not going well, introducing bugs with it such as not being able ot be used in group/say/alliance, which could cause longterm detrimental problems.

14. Clubs

I think they can have the rifts refresh every hour, constantly changing them. Anyway if all 7 rifts were up, I don't think the zergs could camp them all. Then again, never underestimate our servers zerg.

Eltnen and Morheim pvp should be done as soon as possible, there have been some beta runs and I know the pvp is better. Waiting until 3.5 will just lose more players and the pvp will get worse and worse.

[video=youtube;ETcDJEFeI-8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETcDJEFeI-8[/video]

I liked suhos suggestion of opening up the new pvp zones and closing the old ones as a way of pushing players towards them. Leave that for a week, some people will start liking different zones, more variety. Still for that to be a viable suggestion, the positive and the negatives should be weighed out.

I also have to agree with vil on the disabling of LFG, our devs will make more bugs then solve with that new suggestion. I am not saying that it shouldn't be done, but that there are other things that take priority.

2 people like this.
  15. edwards

edwards New Member

i agree > . <

16. Invictis

Invictis OutOfInsanityComesClarity Forum Legend

in your dreams or nightmares, determined on a case
    I believe there are some valid points from a few in this thread, and to those that were valid I say here is the Suggestions section. Then there are those that put in their "two cents" without any real weight behind their comments. In a thread like this, I would suggest "more is more." If you want your opinion heard, please take the time to explain your point of view so it can be better addressed by those that would read it (and possibly make changes based upon it.)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  17. Grrr

Grrr Highly Damaging Member Forum Legend

Wouldn't it be hard to maintain a serious amount of people at 8 different rift locations at all times ?

18. Momo

Momo Arrogant Member Forum Legend

they gonna do it like that:

[​IMG]

Grrr and (deleted member) like this.
  19. Nuttela

Nuttela RetiredFromAion

I dont know about lumiel.. but in siel the gm's transfered asmo groups in Eltnen and elyos groups in morheim..

guess what.. all the zerg moved there.. ingisson was completely empty..

so zerg is a community problem and they will keep zerging.. when a location gets spammed on LFG.. all the zerg will move there..

there is no hope to save the pvp in aion anymore

20. HEX

HEX Legendary Member

Your name is annoying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.