1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Current State of PvP

Discussion in 'GamezAION General Discussion' started by vRisen, Nov 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nuttela

Nuttela RetiredFromAion

well

that's offtopic spam ;p

i am done with the arguments for the moment xD

i wanna see something useful posted on this thread and click my like button on it

2. Slyther

Slyther Oculus Ex Inferni Forum Legend

And that gives you the privilege to talk bad about others?

you do understand what preference means, right? I'm leaving it at that, don't need a discussion thread turning into a SvL fight.

3. Llama

Llama The Drama Llama Forum Legend

I started on siel since 1.5 then i transferred to lumiel after upating gamez to 2.7. I love both servers, enjoyed myself playing with full stigma and with stigma system. I don't need to choose since I got friends on both servers and most important is, I enjoy zerging on both.
    cool story brah

There's no need to argue, now please stahp!

1 person likes this.
  4. Methadone

Methadone Banned Forum Legend

Let's just hope some time in the future some of these ideas can be implemented on both servers. Whether it is perceived that people will take advantage of new features, or cry about them is irrelevant- we just need to try stuff out and see how it works.

2 people like this.
  5. Suhosin

Suhosin Cafe Fairy Foreva! Forum Legend

This drama again? Lol
    Okay, first things first, i get some people in lumiel are rlly decent
    I pvped few times with lumielers, like nope and danisse and i gota say that they r really goood.
    I meam really good.

But wtf will u accomplish by putting down other server that u dont play?
    I mean, i understand that it is your oppinion that what u said.
    But keep it to yourself because that is an oppinion and im sure there is a sieler that considers lumielers noob because they canyt handle full stigma skill or something. (Not that i think it that way).
    There is rlly no point un arguing between those ideas because people will never be convinced and start to fight.

So yea, lets keep the sensitive ideas to yourself

6 people like this.
  6. kakashipta

kakashipta Proficient

do you know what happened to danisse?

7. Clk

Clk do you even lift

Gotta love them zergs, brings back memories lolol

Going to inggison or gelkmaros to pvp is like stress test, hold your nerves as long as you can and then start breaking keyboards. Playing with high ping on top of it is fun, you just see people and die lol

8. Grrr

Grrr Highly Damaging Member Forum Legend

isn't that the whole reason for this thread ? people zerging and refusing to change their zerg spot.

1 person likes this.
  9. Arieluma

Arieluma Proficient

You must be new here.

10. Clubs

Clubs Retired Forum Legend

I don't really see 10 players chasing a pinky over the map, as well as the chances are 10% (100/10 = 10 not 1) for them to get the kill. Lumiel pvp is worse than Siel, we can actually switch pvp zones, they are stuck where the zergs go due to the low population. It's harder to directly change the mentality of the players; we can only offer modifications and suggestions to the server that would encourage less zerging. Those only get done when Carl is willing to give us 5 minutes of his time.

This pretty much explains why we are trying to change pvp, but I wouldn't center that as your main argument towards why players tend to zerg. There are a multitude of factors, where it is an interesting postulate, I don't see a sociocultural mindset being taken place. It's more of different players have different reasons to zerg, if we can address some of their issues then maybe less people will zerg. After that is done, we can begin offering incentives to stop zerging, like arenas, rewards and what not.

I see no problem in opening the arena for no tickets; gives a way for new players to gear out in practical pvp gear. Dredgion I don't see many people attending since the AP gain isn't reflective of high rate. I don't see people getting jailed for zerging, it is an outdated command that should be getting phased out at some point in the future. Some are new players who don't know where to pvp or how to pvp, they are just following the higher leveled players around the map looking to learn the game. Implementation of custom features is a big want, and completely agree, we just need to be careful about how much customization we make due to copyright infringement; it basically can't become a different game. I also agree with the try things out and see how they work approach, but when things are implemented and they don't work, it takes devs months to fix or remove it.

I also agree with the replacement of the godstones, though I am rather curious if that would be possible.

It's not going to end in a mess, you just add contingencies to the system. We discuss these things to find these problems so they can be addressed and fixed.

And you also have less room for pvp situations to go differently. More skills means more combos, more things you can chain and you aren't accomplishing the same thing with less. To make that true, you would have to be playing stigma build on full stigma server (like what breeze did). In this case, you both have the same amount of skills, it is faster paced and requires more skill to react. You have to be more aware of the CD skills you use; you can't just use a Crushing Blow or Ariel Lockdown for DPS.

On the topic of server merge and stigma switch, I think there needs to be it's own thread with a proper poll and discussion. I agree on the fact that full stigma is becoming outdated, but there are other aspects on it that need to be addressed.

Danisse is currently on Siel pvping on elyos; I hope to play with him again in the near future.

1 person likes this.
  11. kakashipta

kakashipta Proficient

i was being sarcastic

12. Isin

Isin Zerg me plox Forum Legend

you mean this guy?[video=youtube;TLkvzTWKo1w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLkvzTWKo1w&feature=plcp[/video]

but real talk danisse, transfered to siel cause less ppl will watchin him there. Like a big fish in the sea full of other big fishes now.

Got banned from lumiel went to siel just incase he wants to do the same thing there, we all know if he woulda stayed though everyone would be watching him but since no one knows him on siel like that he doesnt have that many well. "Haters" there. idk. Funny guy though.

1 person likes this.
  13. Rizenz

Rizenz Anniel Lien Enna Forum Legend

I Agree to this thread. Whenever my legion goes for a PvP Raid Elyos ends up sticking around us making us look like a zerg. And once we separated from them, it's then asmo's who zergs us like crazy pretty much everytime we do a pvp raid. Point is that the PvP on this server is getting pretty sad to the point that alot of players are going to leave because of it. Played here almost since it started, and still around can't really find an MMO at the moment that suits my gamestyle like Aion. Hopefully this thread echoes around.

3 people like this.
  14. Purell

Purell - Forum Legend

The only thing I find really annoying is that instant fear skill and that lfg location. You can't really pvp anywhere nowadays because of the amount of people are in zergs and in big groups. Even if new maps do get release elyos/asmos are still going to continue camping their obelisk and of course, hiding behind the guards. The only way to actually get any decent pvp is for you to actually lure. Well, that's if you're lucky to lure just two-three who aren't in a group. The huge issue is the lfg location. I totally agree that should be removed because once you kill your enemy. 5-10 will show up to that location because there's always someone shouting for help. That's only a problem in some maps like for example Besulan and Heiron. Inng and Gelk, nobody really uses location because everybody knows where everybody pvps at. I do feel that there isn't much room to pvp in those maps because of the population of the server is sorta big. I would recommend is removing the the guards from those little forts that blocks half of inng and gelk. I really wouldn't mind pvping on the other side of those maps. That area just sits there and nobody touches them. I do remember at one point when there wasn't any guards or when the guards would do less damage to players. People would travel around that area to get some decent pvp going on. Another thing I would recommend is removing the obelisks at some locations. That way no one has to spam the spawn point every time they die and you have enough time to actually get away and come back later for another round.

7 people like this.
  15. SteeleB

SteeleB Proficient

From what I've observed removing obelisks actually kills the PvP in an area - look at Jeiaparan Village and Undirborg Observation Post. The disappearance of these obelisks has funneled the zerg onto distinct paths and areas instead of spreading it out and offering players more avenues for attack.

The Undirborg obelisk in Inggison made it possible to easily relocate and harass the flanks of a zerg with a small group while the main attention of the zerg was focused elsewhere. It made for some entertaining skirmishes. It's certainly still possible but not nearly as convenient and quick. On the other hand, the disappearance of the J-Village obelisk in Heiron has sadly killed PvP in that entire area of the map.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  16. Nuttela

Nuttela RetiredFromAion

I really miss the pvp in Beluslan.. but in the DP area at hoarfrost

Asmodians now are way too lazy to flight until there (and no one does dp anymore) and they just go to that bloody damn rock and camp there -.-

Why that rock?

17. SteeleB

SteeleB Proficient

Yep, everytime I've been to hoarfrost lately it's been completely dead until we've gotten fed up and left. Meanwhile, there's an entire zerg at Besfer having a picnic or something.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Rainbow Title Forum Legend

Looks like you guys are new here.
    /trololololololol.

Sidenote: Rofl @ the people who said they enjoy zergging. Lrn2PvPbaddies.

19. cAlpha

cAlpha Getting there

I don't know you. Who are you? Are you new here? What are you doing here?

Huehuehue

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Rainbow Title Forum Legend

I am the Alpha and the Omega.
    The one with the Rainbow Title and the Rude Alente Aura.
    Bow before me.
    >:3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.