1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

New GMs, did I miss something?

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Sheytane, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Mercykiller

Mercykiller Well-Known Member

Pretty tame considering what other GMs have done, tbh.

2. Imthenewguy

Imthenewguy Proficient

Will new GM's do any good if all they ever say is do you have prove?.
    sometimes i don't even think the GM's read, i remember the game crashed about a month ago and everuy member in out Legion became a Legionary no more General no mre Centurian, told the GM he said i need prove that the game bugged we our self didn't do it, why would we do something like that, and how can the General make himself a Legionary?

3. Aethelfaed

Aethelfaed Proficient

haha, look into their job description before you blame them for not doing anything about the real server issues, GM's are not devs they are not there to fix technichal malfunctions on the server.

As far as I can tell there are really only 3 devs on this server Carl, Karrisa *who is not core dev just works around other peoples work, according to some of her posts* and Zer0patches

Mercy I think you have many valid points about many things but you can't flame Alente or Albull about the server issues, this comes down to Carl and his dev team that he has appointed, GM's are just an ingame and forum mechanic in a servers function they rarely have many if any abilities to solve server side issues, their key functioning roll is to provide ingame and forum support and be a front line for the community providing support and extending features of the game through events and the like...

The way I see a good GM is someone that can help the community to grow and support the players dealing with issues and further extending their enjoyment of the game while being both a credit to the server and maintaining a fair balance and perspective on all issues.

The way I see a bad GM is like on of those annoying telemarketers who has no real power to solve any problems and is really just a pain in the ass that has little ability to give you anything you need or want and even if they did you don't want it cause put simply you think they are a douche.

Give these GM's a chance and see how they cope with their role before judging so quickly is my opinion.

4. Mercykiller

Mercykiller Well-Known Member

First of all Karissa hasn't done anything Gamez related for at least a week, and besides that she doesn't program crap. The only thing notable thing she did in the past few months was ban chlora "for abusing his power" (Major lulz on that one. Kinda reminds me of the WMDs in Iraq)

Secondly I didn't flame Albull or Alente. I fucking love them. The reality of the matter, however, is that what this server needs is not something either of them can provide. What this server needs is something this community has to fight for. But judging from how stupid most of the members in this community are, there's no way in hell that's gonna happen.

5. ryang

ryang Banned

I take back anything I said that was albull related. Albull is a gamez god, and if he has faith in a select few GMs, I will honor that ;D

6. Sheytane

Sheytane Well-Known Member

Alright, a couple of days have past.
    Could someone post any constructive feedback of which GMs have done what?
    (Bryne is still #1) =)

7. Aegis

Aegis Guest

I think:

#1: Everyone exaggerates to the point of stupidity how much I did it.

#2: I am a very honest person, I don't spout bullcrap and lies. I admit I did do it.

#3: I'm pretty sure everyones done it before.

I did it maybe 2-3 times and then quit doing it because it got boring FAST.

Or do people forget that I quote many times (yes, from code geass) "The only people who shoot should be those who expect to get shot".

So please, when I need to get to this level where I spell everything out... which you've only HEARD me do. Sorry, I'm pretty sure you aren't one of the few "poor innocent" HYPOCRITES that I 1 shot through the wall during my few trips.

Also.. you really don't want me to pull up what I got on other gm's who were recently accepted. Mmk, lets not even go there :).

I've seen lots of Cute, but I expected Cute to get a gm spot and rock at it. Not a shocker to me.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  8. Sareion

Sareion Proficient

He pretty much has the Role of a GM to the Dot. Are main function is to take as much pressure off the higher ups as possible. Basically, If your having in game issues. Via Trade, were to go, someones cheating. Thats our Area, If its a bugg, or you've lost something.

Its basically just our position to kick it up to the next Tier of higher ups. We can't fix bugs. I've mainly been answering the same questions over and over. Hints all the announce's late at night, Or been doing secure Trades.

Also, other customer service duties. I've answered alot of question as long as stalking and banning hackers. Trying to make the game more enjoyable for everyone I hope to get some events going here soon for the night time people. Been catching up with the crowds question's Since we were short alot of GM's for awhile. :D

Feel free to PM in game, I'll try to help you out best i can. Although I cannot give you anything for free, and I cannot return lost items. So please do not ask, your just making it harder for me to answer the question's i can fix, and taking away from time to find and stalk Hackers :D.

9. Aegis

Aegis Guest

Exactly, I personally feel that a stickied thread outlining the abilities and responsibilities of a Aion Master should be created.

Would help ease off confusion and make the community aware:

"This is what a GM can do" "Sorry, this is what a GM can't do."