1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Retail Aion going 3.7 omorrow :P

Discussion in 'Media Center' started by Smartik1, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

Seems like retail will go 3.7 before gamez goes 3.5 :p the patch notes do look amazing though, except for the dual manastones which will further screw up balance

News | Aion Online

edit: waah title typo lol, should say tomorrow

2. Alente

Alente Legend Forum Legend

Marketing at its finest lol.

"3.7" is merely a subpatch of 3.5 in Korea, was barely even worthy of mention on the Korean PTS. Considering it was released around the same time as the core of 3.5 I was kinda curious why the features were missing in the initial NA update of 3.5.

This shouldn't have any effect on our release schedule which, to my understanding, is mostly just waiting on some work to be done with arenas and stats. I imagine we'll just skip 3.5 entirely for the sake of continuity.

1 person likes this.
  3. Smartik1

unless they change the packet structure again, in which case u r screwed :p

4. Alente

Of all the things that add time to the deadline for updates packet changes are pretty far down the totem pole lol

Though if you're lucky we might forget updating those relating to windstreams again. Last time that happened it resulted in some pretty hilarious shenanigans for a day or two.

5. Smartik1

curious ;P seems to be the 1 thing holding everybody else back

6. Riipper

Riipper Vengeance is coming for u Forum Legend

seems 4.0 are more close than looks like LOL

7. Alente

I know a guy who knows a guy?

Feels like we're having a conversation in the back of a dark alleyway. Pretty dodge.

Kindof veering offtopic though - I'm glad to finally see native support for wing remodeling. The fact that such an obvious feature for a game based around flying took over three years to finally implement notwithstanding!

2 people like this.
  8. Smartik1

where did that come from? lol

just looking at other open source projects and yea most of them dont have 3.5 packet structure yet, or didnt last i checked

9. Alente

Haha.

Nah packet structure is done and has been for quite awhile. We're just waiting on feature implementation for what I mentioned above otherwise there's no point in updating just to increase an arbitrary version number. Doing that just gives people a reason to complain =p

10. Smartik1

i know its done lol, i know of a few servers testing it. what i meant is it took them pretty long to get there and if 3.7 changed it all of a sudden yea that would be quite a setback :p

11. Alente

-shrug- I wouldn't worry about it, what other servers are doing isn't really my concern.

In mildly unrelated news since we seem to be chattering on about everything except the content in 3.7 anyway, you should probably expect at least one 3.0 patch relatively soon with a few tweaks and changes to address some ongoing concerns =) They'll make my life easier at the very least lol.

12. iPink

iPink *INSECURE MUCH?*

grrrr i need to patch my Aion now before 3.7(more time to wait) >.<

13. Smartik1

thats so...vague :p

im not expecting anything since i havent played here for months now. that 3.7 "content" is really just 3 things that dont need discussing for most part.

i dont know what the "ongoing concerns" are and a 3.0 patch without extra detail sounds insignificant considering how soon you will be 3.5 :p

14. Alente

Haha yeah that would be intentional on my part, don't like setting expectations.

I'll disagree with you on the 3.7 stuff since the new manastones, which were in 3.5 anyway but not implemented on retail along with HAC and a few other bits and pieces, have a fairly significant effect on balance at least in private server land. I don't believe it would be quite so apparent if there were defensive counterparts (stones with a defensive stat as a primary) considering all these dual stones are offensive primaries without exception and have a pretty tiny tradeoff for a second stat. But that's an entire thread in itself really and I doubt many people care about it as much as I seem to =p

When I say ongoing concerns I mean people's complaints/ideas about random things - usually in the suggestion threads that pop up from time to time. I'm pushing to have a patch released fairly soon to address some of these with tweaks to the game that diverge from retail design within reason. Depending on how that's received my plans are to make such changes more commonplace. I'm avoiding going into detail until everything is set in stone for this initial series of tweaks which probably wont happen until the day we're pushing it haha

1 person likes this.
  15. Slyther

Slyther Oculus Ex Inferni Forum Legend

I don't suppose anyone else is even remotely as excited as I usually get on these kinds of things? Not 3.7 per say, seeing as it's rather a purposely delayed piece of 3.5, but updates in general Q.Q

16. Smartik1

well i would have been really excited about that extra inventory since my retail one is full of stuff i can put there instead, but i havent played retail for a few weeks now. got bored of the daily routine, slaving away for gear.

17. Badrobot

Badrobot SNU SNU

Hmm,special slot for quest items? Ok i think NCSOFT is intentionally adding crap (imo) in every single update.

Anyway, im only interested in the new items and manastones and im guessing that they are going to screw up pvp pretty bad. But of course, we are all gonna want to have them..

Wing remodeling, love it! Im totally going to remodel my woc2 to stormwings and my acd sets to anuhart. /Trollmode

1 person likes this.
  18. Smartik1

yea wanted to remodel Woc2 when i got it here coz its ridiculously ugly. i dont particularly like stormwing, i liked the noble operative ones or whatever they were called. then again the new wings that just came out have pretty cool skins

19. iPink

iPink *INSECURE MUCH?*

Woc2 to stormwings i like that ;)

20. Rome

Rome ソロモン・ヨアズ・アブラハム Forum Legend

yes they do, there are a couple of servers with 3.5 packet structure around.

this is why I gave up, daily routine grinding gear.

Tiamat wings look extremely cool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.