1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sword Art Online

Discussion in 'Media Center' started by Ddraig, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ddraig

Ddraig Steel of Destiny

Well, last chapter of Sword Art Online was aired. Pretty and nice.
    At the end there is a whole idea of how MMO should evolve into a global fully compatible system, as an idea is pretty interesting and something that what remains of my naivety hopes for.

[video=youtube;0b9PHNYbZ4I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b9PHNYbZ4I[/video]

2 people like this.
  2. Selik

Selik Hero of Justice. Forum Legend

I really hope they do a season 2. This anime has been well received all over the world so they'd be crazy not too. Plus their are a lot more volumes for them to complete, considering they only went up to volume 4 out of currently 11 and it is still ongoing. Next will be GGO.

3. Venero

Venero [The Dark Templar]

When I recently found this anime, I enjoyed it thoroughly. I just watched the last episode a few minutes ago and thought it was cool.

If they are going to come out with more episodes of it, I'll be even more excited for the new adventures.
    ;D

4. Ddraig

Ddraig Steel of Destiny

The thing with GGO is that at most it amount for no more than 13 episodes. After that comes Mother Rosario, which in my opinion fits better on a 2 part OVA, plus Kirito goes to the corner and Asuna asumes MC part, its weird; like what happened with Lyfa assuming Asuna role in ALO, but worse... IMO

And way after that comes Alicesanization project (not sure the spelling), which by itself it will a 26 episodes cour.

So, I cant picture how they are gonna show all this if a second season comes.

1 person likes this.
  5. Selik

Depends really. You can easily add filler to anime and make GGO longer, or they could just combine aspects of GGO and Mother Rosario. Alicization will definitely take some time so it would be stupid to try to combine that with GGO as they did with Aincrad and Alfheim. They left quite a bit of story out of both of those to make it 25 episodes and their were definitely complaints over it.

I was told, though, that it may be some time. Reki Kawahara, the author, was also writing another LN during this time called Accel World, which takes place in the same universe, but around 2046 instead of the mid 2020's like SAO. It also got a 24 episode series and apparently they want to do a second season of Accel World before work is done on a second season of SAO.

6. Ddraig

Ddraig Steel of Destiny

The thing with GGO and Mother Rosario is that both have nothing to do with each other. But well, filler might do if the Kawahara is in the middle.

Accel World is pretty good as well, in a whole different light of course. And the thing With AW is that every novel is correlative with the last one in contrast with SAO that afer the arc of ALO, GGO has little to nothing to do with it. In fact, in AW after the 24 episodes, which is the end of Vol 4; its a kind of cliffhanger to Vol 5, where is that things start to get really interesting.

In any cae, regarless of what I think, I do want a second season for both shows.

1 person likes this.
  7. Selik

That's actually one of the major weak points of SAO, is that between each "game", their's no real correlation to the last and it just seems to jump to it. Obviously their was reason for him after SAO to jump into Alfheim to rescue Asuna, but going from game to game just seemed to get random. Even then it is still quite enjoyable, just a bit weird.

I have yet to actually partake in Accel World myself. Sadly SAO has been overshadowing it a lot it would seem. Trying to get through my backlog of anime/manga/LN and Accel World is definitely on it.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.