1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

HELp trying to install items.pak

Discussion in 'Problems' started by awknn, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awknn

awknn New Member

hi im trying to install the item.pak no mather what i do everytime i log into the game i dont see my tiamats items my char its kinda invisible, lots of items in my inventory are invisible help please ? got win 7 64 my aion folder is NCSoft / Aion (north america)/ data /

2. Guille

Guille i am chillermo Forum Legend

Go to Aion/Data/Items, delete all the items inside and put this one: (download and extract) Items.rar

3. awknn

awknn New Member

thx that is what i needed! you roCK!

4. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

yea that happens when u have leftovers of the old items.pak in that folder. just gotta delete the overrides and leave the original there

5. Guille

Yea, and for some odd reason some people still have the 3.0 items.pak in there lol

6. Smartik1

lol thats coz there were 2 places u could put it in back in 3.0 but since ncsoft stopped using usa\items\ (retail client no longer had it, they started using it again now) and it was just an override, alente told me to switch the 2 methods and make data\items\ the primary. the problem is update/repair never deletes extra items so you cant fix it afterwards without knowing that u have to delete it manually. another problem with that is people often delete the original items.pak with the rest even though i tell them not to. so yea i guess linking them the original for download is simpler when people cant follow directions xd

another thing is that ncsoft seems to have changed the load order. in the past if u had the items.pak and loose files, it ignored everything else and just loaded the items.pak. only when there was no pak it would load the other stuff. right now it seems like it loads everything else anyways as an override to whats in the pak. thats what causes the problems

7. Guille

Lol dafuq, genius ncsoft xd anyway that items.pak I uploaded was a time ago when a guy had the 3.0 one and was shouting in LFG for help, I looked for yours in the 3.7 items.pak but you removed it from the guide xd

8. Smartik1

i didnt upload a 3.7 original xd and yea it changed a few times since then with the minor udpates but not a big deal for this server. though i would suggest u name the files according to the client version they are for. it makes it easier to manage than when u go to your mediafire file list and u see 10x items.rar or something while having no idea which is which xD anyways thx for helping

another thing i learned to do is making a folder by version on the mediafire file list so i group files as they go together

9. Guille

Not a big deal, I don't have that much of files like you xD
    [​IMG]

But, done sir:3
    Items.pak 3.7 Original

10. Smartik1

i feel sorry for mediafire xd

[​IMG]

i have like 7 folders and few loose files that fit all versions (launchers etc)

11. Guille

[​IMG]
    I can't compete with you LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.