1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Feedback] So players, help us out.

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by JazzCard, May 29, 2010.

1. JazzCard

JazzCard Retired Head Game Master

It has come to our attention that some players have been more or less...discontent with the way we try to do out job.

In times like these, I like to reach out to all of you and personally ask you:

What can we do to make your stay here at Gamez more enjoyable?

Please do note, we are GM's, not Developers. We do events and customer service, we do not implement things into the game.

So, if there are certain things that you all think we could improve on, please do tell. We are trying to help you all more than ourselves.

You may talk about a certain individual GM, or the GM team in general.

P.S. Forum rules do apply. All unnecessary spam will be deleted. Constructive criticism accepted. Flames, rages, insults etc. will be deleted and will result in a warning.

Thank you :joyful:

This may also be used somewhat as a question & answer session between players and GM's to clear up certain misunderstandings that may come up.

Last edited: May 29, 2010
    17 people like this.
  2. helm

helm New Member

I'm new to the server, and come from the retail, so my opinion isn't the best compared with the opinion of a veteran of this server.
    The server overall is good as i see, the only annoying issue is the small lag that i notice.
    As i see in recently updates dredgion can be reached, if it's true is a really good things, if is not true maybe you can introduce the dredgion as a battleground joinable in every moment of the day (not like the retail), to have a pvp place alternative to the core :).
    Sorry for my bad english :).

3. Sheytane

Sheytane Well-Known Member

More events! Seriously :3 the 50vs50 are soo f****** funny when it's fair.
    Just need to be more often, or maybe some other PvP events.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2010
  4. JazzCard

JazzCard Retired Head Game Master

Alright, sounds reasonable. We'll try, I just need to get some job applications out of the way and I'll have some more time on me :kissing:

5. VeshWolfe

VeshWolfe Getting there

Overall I am impressed thus far. Ive only played a few hours but in those few hours 2 events were held, which is more than Ive seen on any private server in A LONG TIME.

While the server is working as it is atm, I do suggest you rethink the rates, specifically the exp rates. Im not saying make them low rate but they need to be decreased slightly all around. Now you may ask why? Well what is going to happen is players will reach end game fairly fast as it is, have some fun PvPing but will get bored as that is all there will be. If the rates were cut by 50% or 25% then it would slow the leveling and equip getting process and might encourage players to complete quests, if only the campaign quests. I also would suggest removing the auto stigma skills. Again having to work for stigma skills would give end game players something to do.

Think of it this way, if the pop drops, the pvp drops, which makes the pop drop and the cycle continues.

6. minosu

minosu Expert

there's about 600 people online
    and about 200 of them aren't level 50
    so there's much more levels 50s online than those trying to hit level 50
    This is also a pvp-based aion server

And as for quests... We would all do the campaign quests. Trust me. I've tried a couple times. But the issue is that some are bugged.

7. wakefield

wakefield New Member

Would be great events like bosses attacking town or maybe duel against the gm with some rewards
    yeah that sounds good

8. velion

velion Proficient

Feedback
    - Boss Spawn More quickly?
    - it will be more fun if more quest are available (I know Admin are working hard on it, keep going)
    - When event come to fairness? its makes alot player who want to join are more hard to participate, well especially different for those who are different GMT
    - More dungeon
    - More item available in the game (Well i know Admin are try to selling but waiting for carl to respon)
    - Smoother game play ^^

well that all my feedback, this server are nice ^^ i think maybe its too easy to max LVL and have All Max Item. and its harder to grind lower grade item than Anuhart Item LoLz.

well in my mind is good to have two server, one Medium rate server and one PVP server,when ppl lvling and grind item till bored then can go PVP server to kill some asmos or elyos lol

9. Maddo03

Maddo03 Banned

Hey :) Events are as fair as they possibly can be at the moment.

We always keep the numbers within 5 of each other each way.

It is very hard to make sure only level 50's join, and also unfair to not allow them to. As for time zones, hopefully that will be solved with new GM's if we get them to replace the ones who have recently be demoted.

Thanks for the feedback tho :) Much appreciated.

10. evansman187

evansman187 New Member

The first idea sounds REALLY fun.

11. Kon

Kon Getting there

Here are some of the issues I've had since I've joined.

1.) Rather than serve the players, the GM's seem to degrade them. They complain that they get attacked by players even when they know they are GM's yet it is at the GM's own discretion to remain visable and thus privy to these attacks.

2.) Issues with Kinah seem to be brushed off with the excuse that "Kinah is easy to get" Two instances of this being when I first started, and started doing the Vote Rewards and was not getting Kinah. I brought this up and was told that the credits were working and that is more important than Kinah, and Kinah is easy to get. The second is when my Kinah was reset to 0 from a little over 300 mil while doing DP, even after submitting screenshots and people saying it would get taken care of, this was never returned to my character.

3.) Items disappearing seems to happen more often than not, and theres rumors going around that it happens when items are traded, when you log out incorrectly, but I can only imagine this issue is server side and has been around for a long time and would expect such an issue to receive top priority for resolution.

This is horribly inaccurate. When GM's ban the use of Hide (as a certain one does, in every 1v1 tourney I've seen run by him) it makes assassins even more gimped than they are on this server. Not only do they have to deal with the dual wielding attack damage bug (the damage isn't calculated properly if you choose to use two swords instead of two daggers or a dagger and a sword) as well as Ambush not teleporting the player, the lag, everyone being able to fly everywhere (of course most events flying is banned, which fixes this and I see that as being good and fair), Focused Evasion not dodging sleep, and even regular dodges not triggering counter attack skills (counterattack/whirlwind) vs other players, taking away hide puts an assassin at an extreme disadvantage.

I see a lot of potential with this server and it is with hope that these issues be corrected that I voice my opinion.

1 person likes this.
  12. Nedamic

Nedamic Proficient

I tried fighting an assasin with hide, and thats just impossible. They hide the second the duel starts and stand right next to you just so they get the first hit. When they are dying the run away and hide just to sit next to you again, until the person that's not an assasin gives up. hiding is just plain stupid, specially if you know where the person that is "hiding" is, right in front of you. in 1v1 hiding is really not fair at all. we all have our bugged skills and we don't complain about them.

13. Kon

Kon Getting there

This is what an assassin does. If you let them get away long enough for the combat timer to cool off and let them back into hide mode, then that's your fault. This is game mechanics, not an "error" it's how you play the game. This is just like the complaint on retail of assassins killing people while they're attacking a mob. It's called an opportunity. OF COURSE as soon as the match starts an assassin is going to go into hide, NO DUH, otherwise, with it being started a good distance away from the sorc, and since ambush cannot teleport you to your target, the sorc will have you roasted before you can even touch him/her. So, the "no hide" rule is greatly imbalanced.

Ever wonder why Rangers don't have Hide II? Cos they have ranged attacks. They have Hide 1 sure, but every class can detect hide 1 either from a natural skill, or from eating a seed or other item. Hide 2 lets the sin get close to its target when otherwise it would be impossible.

The only way to really circumvent this, would be to say NO CC NO HIDE and start the duel face to face. Otherwise, they should let hide on. Your complaint, is simply that of "I don't like sins because they can run away, hide, and come kill me as was their intended purpose"

I'm not complaining its bugged, I'm complaining its not allowed.

2 people like this.
  14. Sheytane

Sheytane Well-Known Member

Wow we really need some more event GMs

15. Albull

Albull Well-Known Member

I don't understand how you can ask for moRe events honestly, you get several events through the day off several different GM's, i'll be honest it sounds like you want us to do one, then 30 seconds later do another, you have to remember, we have to do events, help players with problems, and try and catch reported hackers> yet we still give you more events than we have to throughout the day...

Albull

16. Vee

Vee Proficient

In my opinion, To be a sin ( ie had much experiance here) Is indeed a risk to your health, more so when in a dual. You think sin life is easy? it took forever to get my sin to 50. Complaining about a sin hiding is like complaning about a ranger keeping his distance, its good warfare, and as many put it. " this is a pvp" server. This means war between races, as well as players, and in war, nothing is fair.

What am i talking about right? its not like if fought every class. Incorrect. as my glad i made it a point to take em on. learn tricks, learn tips. Learn weaknesses. And in time, training, There is almost no-one i can't take down.

You should take the time to do the same, simply cause the major rule of war is : know thy enemy.

As Far as Suggestions go.
    - Keep race even with gm's. I can't tell you how annoying it would be when id log on and there were 4 other gm's of the same race.you have msn, Communicate.
    - Speaking of, Communication between the chain of command would be nice too. It would prevent people spamming about their demotion, if they knew what was coming, or had it been spoken about with that individual. just saying.
    - Instead of telling people that they have to suffer with speed hackers, be like me, tell them how to Exploit the hacker, you know, use game mechanics unto the bastard.
    - Here is an idea. If there are more then 5 people at once, complaining about lost items, take them through a dp. and once they have the item, charge them to make it +10. How hard would it be? more so with 5 gms online? solve the issues. If i could do it on my own you can do it, as many.

If anyone losses an item, ill take them through DP with my glad. My account is premium ( at least it better still be premium) and the drops are fixed. I go on there often and nearly come out with full sets for each class, weapons, i cant tell you how many noah's tears i unroot.

The gm's I favor are Jazz, Abbykins, Yawa (even though he can be an ass) And momo, Least not being cloud. If you want something to get done about the issue, talk to one of them, more so jazz and albull.

I am a disliked gm, But more people like me then dislike, even if they dont voice it in the forums. my thing was i didnt just sit there, i went out and found fixes. little patches here and there to try and hold that player over. Jazz and them, do the same.

my only real point then would be, increase gm output so there is less player input, i know there will always be problems. But try to cut the list in half.

17. Framboise

Framboise Expert Forum Legend

Hallo. Sorry i have Not bothered to read the other post's - I'm Drunk atm, I'll be doing apologies for this later on.

50v50 - RvR... Nice, But GOD stop with it u_u' in the last 3-4 day's i've done 4-5 :), Try to vary the event's, Introduce new stuff, Ask for feedback about it after.

Try and do Organized stuff ( Don't get me wrong - I'm talking about Real tourney's, 2v2, 3v3 etc..)
    Make legions worth being in one, Do LvL events.

Maybe i'm just on at the wrong times, But stop with the RvR ><

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Took me 3hours to get mine 50, Sin own's me so long as he can play well.

Pm framboise and we'll sort that out.

Have to give it to you there, Being called a hacker by a Ranger because i used boon of clairvoyance is.. fun.

http://forum.gamezmu.com/showthread.php?t=2000
    http://forum.gamezmu.com/showthread.php?t=1955

If a lot of player's wanted you back, tey would have done the petition, not you.

Language pl0x? My Ubber son that isn't born yet is now doomed to be the next eminem.

If anyone losses an item, ill take them through DP with my glad. My account is premium ( at least it better still be premium) and the drops are fixed. I go on there often and nearly come out with full sets for each class, weapons, i cant tell you how many noah's tears i unroot.[/QUOTE]

What can you do for my Archon trib sword +10, Archon trib Earring & ring?

I have to say, Albull & Yawa are the GM's i talk with the most, Most likely because i haven't seen much of the other's, Prob' Time difference.

Roll call pl0x.

Honestly, If i didn't read this last part, I would never have known.

Not personal, Never got time to talk i guess.

18. Kon

Kon Getting there

This is exactly what I'm talking about. You ask people to voice what they feel will improve the server, and when they do you berate them for it. This is laughable, seriously. Perhaps they play in off time hours where events aren't as plentiful when you run them? I play until 5 AM at night EST sometimes and I can assure you there are not frequent events during this time period, perhaps this is their main play time?

Help players with problems? What problems? Getting stuck? I've never been stuck personally but who knows, maybe. Spawning items? GM's cant do that. Reporting bugs? They tell you to make a post. Saying you've lost kinah? They tell you the kinah is no big deal, but if you have proof to post it. Lost Items? Hey what do you know, they tell you to make a post. I've never seen someone hack personally, only exploit bugs that they've found out how to repeat. Helping people? Seriously.

19. Albull

Albull Well-Known Member

It is not as simply to be a GM as you may think, there are many people with many different questions.
    Jazz made this post for feedback not for a simple statment of "More events" how can we help do you what the players want, if you don't tell us?

This is what i call feedback, and i will take them into consideration Fram, the legion v legion sounds fun but might be hard to do as player difference>

Albull

20. Kon

Kon Getting there

Albull, I hope what I say is not taken personally, as I stated before I only voice so loud because I want this server to improve.

To continue, I was a GM for L2x (Lineage 2 Extreme) for a very long time, and I know full well what the duty of a GM holds. Except, we were allowed to spawn items, and shared a lot more freedom than I've learned you GM's are held back from. This is why I say what I say, for surely if it could be done there, it can be done here.