1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

RG's Tips on Gladiators

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by ryang, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Sheytane

Sheytane Well-Known Member

right, since its so hard to ankle snare and insta KD and own their ass in a few hits?

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

extendables might be bugged again, havent played for a while so idk rly

2. Revoultion

Revoultion Well-Known Member

in another Private server i've played in before i came play Gamez , seisimc wave was available to use at every given time. that's when its possible to detect scouts, but the way things are now? i dont even put it in skill bar =/

3. ryang

ryang Banned

Rangers, at least good ones, sleep when they get rooted. And some are "good" enough to kill you (with a spear) in their stun lock combo. Its up to you, these are just tips. IMO, sword/shield makes killing rangers much easier. Especially with the bugged skills here that are not on retail =D.

Yes, extendables are bugged

4. Sheytane

Sheytane Well-Known Member

read like half the guide and I lost count of how many times I facepalmed myself

wtb good glads with pro guides plz

better be faster than them then =)
    and according to ur guide u should socket mres which would let you resist sleep, amirite?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  5. ryang

ryang Banned

Would love criticism with substance. I know you dislike sword shield. But this is not retail, this is tailored to THIS server, like I said in the first post. You clearly just said you haven't played in some time. So don't use retail logic here

EDIT: mresist is bugged to not resist certain effects, mainly sleep and stun currently ;(

6. Revoultion

Revoultion Well-Known Member

your sig makes no sense at all... ><

7. FadetoBlack

FadetoBlack Veni, vidi, vici, reliqui

The guide looks pretty good, at least probably the best as far as I've seen.

I didn't catch mention of Wall of Steel when vs a ranger... Usually not very important in 1v1 but I found myself in a 2v1 with them both being rangers and it certainly helped kill both their asses. That extra parry can serve as a short alternative to the sword/shield combo, or add onto that extra damage reduction.

I'd have to disagree on your stance when fighting a SM who's casting fear. Personally I've found myself in the situation (1v1s and xv1s) I'd have to say in a 1v1 I'd place my bets on myself and charge right at the mother fucker, I've done it with both mages and SMs I've cancelled their fear (and mage's glacials and infernos), and then proceeded to slice them. I don't see the tactical advantage in running since they're probably going to fear you and proceed to debuff you out the ass, so if I were going to die, I'd rather try and get a couple of swipes in rather than run. I usually do SW as I'm closing in followed by however many cleaves I can get b4 being within melee range.In a group where theres a SM tho, I wouldn't be caught dead charging at ANYONE. Keep in mind that some will stay closer than others, but overall from what I've seen all of them stay close enough, you have to have a good ping, and some faith/luck.

Oh, and another quick thing, perhaps you should stress the importance of ankle snare as a great group "breaker upper". Countless times when being followed by a duo I've ankle snared one of them, whichever is the closest, and I have kept flying. I'd have to say about 99% of the times the one other group member will continue following, perhaps it's his ego, or perhaps pure stupidity. Once you have made a real good amount of distance between those two opponents of yours, you can kill one fast and be ready for the other (this of course, will not work as nicely if you're fighting a glad v glad+temp or something along the lines. Preferably it would be glad v lighter armored duo).

Other than that its a real sound guide and will be quite helpful to those newcomer glads (maybe they'll stop shouting "COULDN'T USE SKILLS" at me).

Also, a note to the haters, if you really think you can do better, do it. I haven't seen better from anyone else, nor do I think I will

1 person likes this.
  8. vRisen

vRisen Banned

You sure you tested right? when I had 440 crit I pretty much critted at least 44% of the time. Oh, as for the effects of strike resist, someone probably made a mistake in reading / coding it.
    This might be a dumb question.. but why does it need to be the 55 chain set? Are you talking about ABG?

9. ryang

ryang Banned

Yes, because all the other sets don't get you very high mresist. Only ABG gets you into the 2k+ range, and 50 EAT gets you as much as Anu, which fails.

Also, Dai tested this. 4 times with 100 hits each. Its pretty accurate. But then again, he tested it on Crystal. But it is for sure lower than it should be. I noticed it also.

10. LUNATIC

LUNATIC Proficient

A+ guide, a man of wisdom :kewl:

11. FadetoBlack

I'd say this one deserves a sticky >.>

12. bhoot

bhoot Getting there

hmmm armsfusion working ... sounds too good . 40% casting rate increase from fusing 2 taha orbs + wisdom 25% and + the lv 55 20% cast + if ur a asmo 50% more cast decrease = 135% cast time decrease ;p . Now that is something . but im elyos so 85% cast time decrease sounds too good o.o with 2.3k mboost[maybe 3k when all is +15] now that would be something dont u think? just think getting hit by glacier shard and flame spray while in aether hold just to be released to be stunned by lighting and used inferno on .... sounds so good >"<

13. zetta

zetta New Member

is the serve up now?

14. FadetoBlack

You don't get a casting rate increase from BOTH of them, I believe the higher effect stays for things like that. Otherwise I'd get +38% aspd and use nezekan and begin ass rape. Its not how it works XD. As far as the other skills go, I don't play sorc so I can't tell you anything on that

15. ryang

ryang Banned

bumpity bumpity >.>

16. Cerebellum

Cerebellum New Member

so I i been reading around but I haven't got anything
    you said that ABG spear>greatsword
    how is that?

17. Camila

Camila Mordez Moi Forum Legend

i use dual weapons too, Sword/Dagger my favorite,
    i also use bow (almost noone use it, and yes it IS usefull)
    i prefer gs than spear too, faster and sexier, especially extendable ones.
    i wish i could get the m resist set, it would be very usefull.

~Kaa

18. Lokey

Lokey New Member

i would love to see half these glads that put Mresist step up to me or fadetoblack with their chain sets LULZ this si the worse tihng i ever heard i mean seriously dude u fight me with ur +15 abg Chain set with Mresist, and i'll just do 3-5k dmg blows to u every sec + i get like a 50% Blind rate every sec so not like u'd touch me, and Crit+hp isnt worth the time hp isnt usefull at all in my experience it still drops down quicker then shit in GvG/Solo trsut i've used it. also dual weilding i aint mt a glad yet to own em with dual weilds other then everflow. but then again i dont duel 24/7 like msot ppl do i spend majority my time soling in rifts and core to worry about duels. but good try at a guide my friend atleast u took the time to write it out. BTW Wall Of Steel is Ideal to use againest a ranger especially Howl+Wall Of Steel they barely tickle me lmao.

19. ryang

ryang Banned

You do realize how phys def works? Before you bash someone, learn the mechanics of the game. 10 phys def is roughly 1 less damage. so someone in chain would be taking 30 damage more than someone in plate. So good try there. Also, chain set is not made for gladi v gladi. its vs the 4 casters that often trouble glads. and yes, being able to make sorcs, SMs, and clerics useless is much more viable than a bit more damage reduction. Not to mention when its fixed to work against blind, making your post extremely unhelpful.

HP>atk. Atk equates to roughly about 200 damage (in abg) and less in anu on each skill. But HP allows for 1-2 more skills unless you are lagging like shit. 1-2 skills can easily do more damage than 200. Trust me, this guide was tailored to this server after doing numerous tests with GMs and in pvp.

1 person likes this.
  20. charmoss

charmoss Legendary Member

nice... :wink: