1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Excuse me But this is pretty ridiculous

Discussion in 'GamezAION General Discussion' started by Badrobot, Jul 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Badrobot

Badrobot SNU SNU

Regarding http://forum.gameznetwork.com/f165/[forum-event]-gather-up-escapade-153289/

Vildil and Puddles, i know that the event says "changes might be made during this event".

But..

You can't just change the rules literally the last moment because players spent 3-4 days straight up gathering materials. People who worked for 30-40 hours gathering materials will now get nothing because you decided it was a good idea to deny them the opportunity to get prize with more than 1 characters, something that was originally allowed. You have already allowed them to do it, and they already did it.. now you really dont get to take it back because people are not robots and they already did spend all those hours gathering, sorry but suck it up and give them their prizes. Im not generally protesting about things but this is a disgrace, and i rather post it here instead of pming you quietly.

To get 3100 materials for 1 turnin it takes 3-4 hours, and there were players just like myself who worked for a lot more hours than just 4-5 for one turnin. You have to consider people's efforts before deciding that it would be a good idea to change the rules yet another time. Of course, it is easy for you to just change the rule because you were not the one who was gathering materials for 3 days. Im just saying, you cant do that.

No offense, but i had to say it.

Dont touch my thread, i need people to reply here.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
    12 people like this.
  2. DOndee

DOndee Filipino Pride 2019 Forum Legend

Couldn't agree more :D

3. hitokirifake

hitokirifake meeoooww....

huh..i agree with u @badrobot..

4. Cjxiv

Cjxiv Emperor's Eye Forum Legend

i know what you feel bro, its like our efforts goes to waste q.q

3 people like this.
  5. Akikaze

Akikaze Elohim, Essaim...I implore you Forum Legend

You took the very words out of my mouth. I've been deciding if I should post something similar during the day.

It is justifiable to increase the requirements into thousands instead of hundreds to increase the event difficulty. Most people kept their mouths shut about it and moved on. Especially when their previous submissions cannot be returned forcing many to restart what they've submitted. However changing the rules last minute to one per account limit just mere hours before the event officially close doesn't make any sense.

I literally gathered (as in essencetapped) 50% of my entry and all I got in return was rule change after rule change for what was supposedly to be a fair chance event for people to have a chance to get some nice things. Certainly no consideration was given for those who worked hard for their rewards. If someone manage to spend Millions of Kinah buying Aether and even more time spent extracting the damn things for morphing, should they not get rewarded for their participation and extra work? Players was also following the requirements, AND SPECIFICALLY TOLD that "they CAN submit with their other characters".

4 people like this.
  6. Huf

Huf à la folie

Similar to what I think =/

7. Derpy

Derpy Derpinator

xD good that u point about this...
    actually on the first day, i sent 7x tier 3 to Cantrix/Pontifex (i hav screenies)
    then d next day they changed d rules.. FML
    tho i already won, im still expecting that they will mail d prize for the hardwork i made on the first day :3
    as Uehara said/reply on some guy on that thread to wait

8. Akikaze

Akikaze Elohim, Essaim...I implore you Forum Legend

I asked Uehara the same thing and she told me I cannot even get back the Mats I've submitted before the first rule change (to prevent abuse).
    If that counts as already won for the early submitters, then I'm sure a couple of others wants their prize too.

1 person likes this.
  9. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

I have to agree as well. The only thing you should ever consider is this: Does everyone have a fair chance

Them getting the reward on multiple characters in no way penalizes anybody else trying to do the event. There was no unfairness to begin with, which means the rules should not have been changed. In cases like this, think it through before you make the event or leave it as it is. The only reason there could be for changing the rules is if it became unfair for everyone else, for example if there was a limited number of winners etc.

I believe this part just about sums it up:
    The best part of this event is that, no one will go home empty handed!

So where is the problem really.

2 people like this.
  10. Potato

Potato Banned

It will be closed because you want it to be closed . stop saying that kind of thing if you don't want to lose this thread.

OT: This depends i guess they will put back the old rules if more players will complain about this one and i guess majority of the players who join the event will complain about this new rules. just saying. i support this suggestion even tho im not participating the event.

11. Derpy

Derpy Derpinator

rly? :(
    but...
    it cant be considered as abuse coz i remember on the rules that u can win tier3 as long as u have the given mats for it
    but then they changed it right after i sent mine thru mail
    well for early submitters, how about provide SS
    mehhhhhhh
    let it be...

12. gya_91

gya_91 New Member

After I waited cantrix for like 3 days to go on so she can empty her mail (thank god another gm came to trade instead), I finally saw her online yday when I logged in so I whispered to trade. We traded, whatever, she asked for name, tier, prize. 5 min later my bf says that (after over 9000 changing minds),you can only participate with a character once. Meanwhile Cantrix whispered me that i'm already on list. Ofc i asked to give my items back and ofc she said no (unrefundable), bla bla, lame reasons, system to blame. I really do understand both sides. Some exagerated with mails, it's clearly why and honestly i'm not living on forums. And today i find out there's one entry per account. Roflmao Lmao
    I'm done.

13. Badrobot

Badrobot SNU SNU

Cantrix could not have given you back your materials because her account has no permission for that. It is similar to when you are not VIP but you try to trade HAC items. Same thing. The only people who could have returned your items are Alente/Puddles/Vildil.

There are certain restrictions in the accounts of staff members to prevent abuse. Because if they dont put those restrictions then people can just //add items in their inventories with their staff characters and mail them to their legits.

2 people like this.
  14. Vildiil

Vildiil Hit em with a 100 round clip Forum Legend

Okay.

says it all.

I understand personally that people gathered the mats for more than one time, and hey thats great hurray even a couple times is fine, but seriously, when you have SEVERAL players doing 9-10 turnins per? Thats extremely ridiculous. Having these few players that did it that many times, took away from turnin times before the event closed for others. Other players now suffered and actually had to walk away with nothing because of a few that decided it fantastic to be greedy with the event.

I want you to, now having heard this, tell me how its ANY bit unfair, that 1 hour before the event closure I put a restriction in to try to get as many players their prizes as fast as possible. There were several players that missed turnins because of these few greedy folks, who also decided it was fantastic to call me Hitler ingame *needless to say they earned temporary bans for this*

I'm also going to note - If your items were mailed to Uehara in any way shape or form OR TRADED to another AM, OR even mailed to another AM, you WILL be receiving prizes, no questions asked.

6 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.