1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[ GFX ] Graphics/Art Critique and Classing.

Discussion in 'Designers Lounge' started by Agitated, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

you were sounding way too professional and I'm not that big of a digital artist to know everything so yeah, I didn't pay attention to your words, however the only thing I saw was you talking about colors and how it wouldn't be too hard which brings us back to your first opinion, that nothing is really hard!

2. mo0nX

mo0nX Proficient

So ghost would u share the programs you used to create that warframe piece with us?
    I'd love to know, I usualy ask other designers so i can get better myself.

3. ghost521

ghost521 Lucent's name is Jeremy

I only use Photoshop and makeshift tools like light textures and things I get from Google. I don't even know how to do gradient properly in Photoshop...mostly just trying out what works and looking at guides online.

If you asked me what techniques dimi or regi used I would be zipped up...no idea what people do really.

4. mo0nX

mo0nX Proficient

I was talking about what programs you used to pose/render the model.

If you just did the effects than is nice I have to agree, but I thought you posed and rendered the model too.
    You have my support for the nice effects however.

I used once I remember (like 2 years ago precisely) to work in photoshop too (you know like an amateur...to enjoy the features) looked to hard but i loved it so i learnt more about it.
    In time i started to want more so i didnt stoped at photoshop, i learnt about 3D characters and meshfiles . Bassicly is not that easy to create a meshfile , requires much stuff to do and a lot of bugs, easy program to use is XNA ...but you certainly won't get too much fans but leaving ur models just with that.

I now want in future to learn more than just photomanipulations and 3D, was hopping for painting too

5. S2Shane

S2Shane The Red Empress

Use Pizap.. :D

6. mo0nX

mo0nX Proficient

You serious=) ? Pizap?
    Ok perhaps is good for people that would like to do a greeting card, but you can't take credit for the gallery of images and set of effects that the program offers.

You should try do the backgrounds by urself insteand . Trust me is a lot more beautifull when u have the right to add your tag on image .

7. S2Shane

S2Shane The Red Empress

Well i'm not really serious tehehehe :D I used Pizap to make our legion thread tehehehe :D Trying to be cute >_<

8. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

I can't help but say something about how you're talking as if you're a professional digital artist when that piece of art you previously posted was a big bad quality mess..

9. Ddraig

Ddraig Steel of Destiny

Once a person asked me what was needed to make a good art piece, I told him just the will to make it.
    Many put themselves back because they have no talent or skills or technique, all that can be acquired. Talent only puts you ahead, but does not makes you good.

I see here many photoshoped imaginery, some have better notions of composition and some have good sense of aesthetics. Every one has different talents, some of those are more visual, some more practical.
    In any case, hardly anything I see here can be qualified as "not good", being professional has nothing to do with it, in fact being professional only means you can make money out of it. I hope to see more actually, is pretty refreshing.

2 people like this.
  10. mo0nX

mo0nX Proficient

I'd love to see you, making your own model and effects .

I'm prety sure by quality mess you Had no ideea about the "3hrs i spent to do the model and render itl" and 1hr to create the background and find the brushes.
    But hei who is me to argue with a person that knows absolutely nothing about digital stuff...is like looking at the chese siting just on that spot . You got me? Useless.
    I bet you dont even recognize the model. If you would I'm prety sure you'd be able to see the model was posed (by me) not taken as "the scammers" this days do and then call themself "artists"

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  11. Lucent

Lucent Ghost in the shell of a former Drama Queen Forum Legend

Here's the issue, and why Dimi said that. Yes, you made it yourself, I can see that you actually rendered a model, and that takes skill to a degree. However, the placement of your text is meh, and overall the artwork isn't really appealing. At least not to me and Dimi.

That being said, when you mentioned how simple and easy something was and then went on and on about artistic skill, you turned us against you. You quite honestly sound like you think way too much of yourself and your abilities, when the only thing you've shown us is something that we can't even appreciate properly.

Anyone here can attest to Dimitra's skill and ability in making digital artwork, YOU are the one that came into this thread assuming things and acting like you know everything when no one here knows shit about what you've done. Try proving yourself before you go off and say things that turn a community against you, and maybe you won't get so much flak.

2 people like this.
  12. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

To tell you the truth, this thread and this forum section is for the most part contributed to making tags or pieces of art with ready-to-grab renders and figures and is mostly based on classing and giving feedback on tags and signage about how good the focal length is, how not messy the flow is and generally how well the effects/colors/text blend with the rest. if you wanted us to appreciate your 3D models then this is not the right place to brag about it since no one here gives a damn and no one here knows how to do it.

if you want people to "woah" your rendering skills you might aswell ask for opinions on a 3D rendering forum and not here where we just make pieces out of already-made figures. that being said, your render might be good, I have no idea cause I haven't worked with 3D rendering and I'm not planning on doing it, but the rest of your work is novice and reminds me of my first photoshop steps. the effects are massively disturbing to the eye and the text is.. well, just not good.

By the way, since you actually talked about how the 3D model took you a couple hours to finish, I might aswell note that some people make tag backgrounds which are completely hand painted and could go on for hours aswell. Mine are not that good but I'm pretty sure my two smudged backgrounds took an hour or so to make and fix. so you should stop going on about how "the more it took, the better it looks" or "this is really easy to make" cause there are some things in art pieces that you see and think that people grabbed off google but that's not the case.

Just note that if you wanted people to give you feedback on your rendering skills and then whine when they tell you your effects are shit, you could have thought of giving us the chance to looking at your model alone without the useless need of bad quality effects and brushes.

Oh, I certainly do make my own effects. I just thought I'd leave this before&after picture of my last two tags to show you that there's more to the digital art world than model rendering and posing and then adding some bad quality myspace-year brushes to top it all off.
    these two are certainly not the best examples of user-made backgrounds since I'm still taking my baby steps on that section but you get an idea. for the second one especially, I do understand that the flow is really bad and for that, you will never hear me bragging about my work. I could tell you I've been using photoshop since I was 13 and that I know everything about it but I don't. and you should be a little more discreet too when it comes to talking to others about how easy or hard things are to make.
    [​IMG]

now, if you wanna go that low to tell someone that they have no photoshop experience and that they know nothing about digital art just because they told you your large art is really a novice work, then I have nothing else to tell you.

2 people like this.
  13. Lucent

Dimitra I need you to talk dirty to me, you seem like you'd be great at it

14. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

I got me some greek junk food and I'm waiting for you bigboy

15. Lucent

That...wasn't at all what I was imagining.

You gotta get rough
    You gotta get MEAN

k

16. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

oh dude you can talk to regi she knows all about BDSM!

17. Lucent

Who ever mentioned B-

WAIT WHAT
    REGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

18. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

-gives cake- EAT IT!!

TRENT!, who still plays?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2015
  19. mo0nX

mo0nX Proficient

too much to read. Too lazy.
    All I got to read was "Aganinst you"

I dont care who is it against me or who isnt.
    You cant sustain ur arguments if u dont show some skills.

P.s : when i came to this thread i said i'd give it a try.
    I know people dont give a fk about art because all they do is selecting a background and downloading some brushes...or google a render...put them togheter and they call that art...VERRY lame

At last "my work" as "not biggy" as it is , I did everything u see in the picture. Except for the fact that the model i used (dante) is made of mesh files that I don't own .
    He belongs to Capcom and main artist that created the meshes is called SumireHaikuXNA. A verry nice friend (popular too).

But what do i know , just keep belive yourself great artists , you wouldnt recognize one work if is fake or not.
    Im not posting more of my works in this thread where "2 people" that are friends means a comunity for you. (just dying of laugh thinking about it)

20. Lucent

It's quite amusing that you think I was referring to Dimitra and I when I said "community". No, that is not the case. This forum is a community. This entire thread is a sub-community of that. A community of people who make art and those who love it.

Again you think way too much of yourself. You're not bad, but as said, 3D modeling is not something most people here are interested in which is why nobody commented on your art. Also, we all definitely put in effort and recognize skill and artwork, which is why I can recognize that you have a skill most here haven't gotten into. You can't just come into a community though and think you're hot shit and trivialize the work of a veteran member that has been here for years and expect us to give you any form of respect.

But sure, keep thinking you're so amazing and that we don't know anything, hope that attitude works out for you.