1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Xbox One news

Discussion in 'Media Center' started by Ddraig, Aug 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ddraig

Ddraig Steel of Destiny

To all the Xbox fanboys in Gamez:

Due to negative feedback in E3 conference on the soon to come Xbox One, Microsoft changed the policies they implemented for these:

"As a result of feedback from the Xbox community, we have changed certain policies for Xbox One," Microsoft wrote on its blog, adding that past policies are "no longer accurate."

Xbox boss Don Mattrick penned an blog post on the matter titled "Your Feedback matters." In the note, he said Microsoft "believes in the benefits of a connected, digital future," and thanked gamers for their assistance in helping Microsoft "reshape the future of Xbox One."

"You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you," Mattrick said. "Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world."

"So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360," he continued.

This means:
    An Internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games. After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc-based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24-hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today. There will be no limitations to using and sharing games; it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console--there will be no regional restrictions.

"We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the assumptions of digital licensing and connectivity," Mattrick said. "While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds."

This change is a dramatic reversal of policy for Microsoft, which spent much of last week at E3 discussing with media why its policies were in place to begin with.

The Xbox One launches in November at $500, a full $100 above the PlayStation 4, which will sell for $400 this holiday. The PS4 features no online requirements or used games restrictions, something Sony pointed out during its E3 briefing last week.

The Xbox One's controversial policies most recently drew the ire of independent military magazine Navy Times, which laid out numerous reasons why the system would be a bad choice for those on active duty.

Cheers.-

2. BeastiesDecoyAccount

BeastiesDecoyAccount Chillin likea guy who chills

Cut off their manhood, and feed it to the goats
    Yeah they're on total damage control but it's probably too late. I'm done with Xbox, may get a PS4, but will mostly play PC games with my badass rig hooked up to my badass T.V

3. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

4. Lucent

Lucent Ghost in the shell of a former Drama Queen Forum Legend

I still won't buy it. Which isn't exactly saying much because I don't often buy consoles. However the fact that micro soft was intending such a change in the first place already nullifies any desire for me to get an Xbox One. They could change it to have the most awesome features ever and I'd still ignore it. I want to support companies that are in the best interest of the customers and small startups (indie games and such), not companies that are in the best interest of major game devs that suddenly realize that they won't sell anything if they keep it up.

5. BeastiesDecoyAccount

I actually want a console that's primary focus is on the gaems, not that T.V and other crap. On the reveals they were spending more time with the T.V features and kinect crap and then sorting adding "and it plays games too" as an afterthought If I wanted that stuff I would get a damn cable box, bribe my cable guy a hundred bucks to connect my cable line directly to the company so I get free complete cable for life, and get a damn.

I WANT A BADASS CONSOLE THAT PLAYS BADASS GAEMS!

6. Ddraig

Ddraig Steel of Destiny

7. Mythic

Mythic LEGENDARY ICON MEMBER Forum Legend

Yes i agree its been headline on gamespot like 2 months lol.. The bad thing to microsoft is they release their new gen console first.. Of course sony will have an idea how they will counter attack their competition.

8. BeastiesDecoyAccount

Sony kind of won months ago. Their console is a hundred bucks cheaper and they weren't dumbasses who went the money greeding route Microsoft is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.