1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Feedback] So players, help us out.

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by JazzCard, May 29, 2010.

1. ildomar

ildomar Proficient

I would love MASSIVE race fights!

2. Sheytane

Sheytane Well-Known Member

Well I would say don't blame on that you got other stuff to do, eg find speed hackers and such.
    You could always hire in more GMs.. a group who looks for hackers, a group who takes cares of the events and so on.
    If you want to be one of the best servers, that requires VERY ACTIVE GMs with events going on at almost all time.

2 people like this.
  3. havokor

havokor Getting there

GM's: I think you all are doing an admirable job.

Playerbase: If any of you are complaining, just shut up. These people aren't get paid and are taking time out of their busy schedule and, more importantly, out of their gaming time to help you all enjoy the server more. If you complain about a free service long enough, you may find that it doesn't exist anymore.

Do what you can GMs but don't overstress yourselves on our behalf. It's just a game after all.

6 people like this.
  4. Framboise

Framboise Expert Forum Legend

This isn't really the subject i'm sorry, ( Yey i'm sober.)
    But getting some more GM's involved ( Just as sheytane said) would be - to me - a good idea.

Each GM would have a sub-section he would be assigned to.

I have been a GM on 2 WoW servers, They were considered to be in the top 5 of french WoW P.servs at the time, and even there, The organisation was phenomonal. We used to be in some what of teams.

Event team, Hacking prevention team, Information team etc.. Ofc only a few had acces to item spawning.

I know first hand increasing the GM team can sometimes lead to conflicts in side the team, So so times people avoid it, But you have to remember, Gm's aren't chuck norris and no matter what they say, They can't handle 600players online at one given time ( This was not men't to offense anybody what so ever, Gm's -that i know and have experienced first hand, are doing a great job.)

1 person likes this.
  5. Ricey Rice

Ricey Rice Getting there

Rush

I have an idea for a PvP Event:

IF IT IS POSSIBLE-
    Let's have a "Rush" gametype PvP like in Battlefield Bad Company 2 with a little bit of Control Point elements from Team Fortress 2.

One race attacks in a linear path while the other defends a certain target. For example.. Let's make the target Aria, as soon as it is fully picked the defending team will fall back to another point on the map. But the target could be something more dangerous like a Balaur npc that is friendly to the defending team.While the defending team moves back a position, have the attacking team stay at the point where the objective was. Each player must be in a group and must register to a kisk to avoid leaving the event and to respawn after death. Defenders must survive for a select amount of time (10 or 20 minutes) in order to win the round. The more points there are to capture, the faster it is to capture them. If there are fewer points, the objective should be more difficult, but not to difficult as where it takes to long to capture it. Or if there are fewer points, more Aria or Azpha should be scattered around the control point. At the final point there should be a tougher objectives or more objectives, or both

Here are ideas for the gametype.

[​IMG]
    Attackers can capture either Point A or Point B first, but the attacking team must capture both points in order to capture the final point. There is no way for the Defenders to retrieve the objective after it is lost.

---------

[​IMG]
    All points are fair game except for Point B. Until all of the other points are taken, B is not allowed to be taken or have attackers near the point.

Also. I thinkk the GM's are doing fine. I don't understand why people are getting angry.

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  6. Logain

Logain New Member

Hrm..

First off, like most have said - I believe this to be the best Aion p.server currently. Though my bias leads to the fact that the server is stationed in USA making my ping decent a majority of the time.

I commend all GMs for their hard work, I would like to remind all players that GMs are kind of like the head coach of a sports team.. yeah they have privileges, that allow them to run the show. Yet, ultimately they would want to be what your doing right now, playing the game you enjoy so much.

I am now going to throw a few ideas out there.. on what I would like to see :D

1 ) More GM's, perhaps specifically to run events. For the past few days I notice EVENTS are pretty much what makes this private server what it is, aside of "bombing runs" by either side on private store hot spots.. lol.

2 ) Possibly put a poll on the web-site with a few idea's GM's have for future types of events.. that way you can easily tell what your players are thinking, or what they would like best - without having to read through the forums and take notes. You GMs are purely the reason why we are here, your creativity obviously makes us stay - so keep moving with that and see where it goes.. experiment :D

3 ) Try and create a new system for "missing gear" that disappears.. I know i'm not alone in this but, for example I bought anuhart legs for my sorc.. 3 hours later I logged and came back, they were gone. I didn't know about the "ss before/after" policy and was down a good quantity of money obviously.

Sooo for n00bs, #3 would help greatly.

Thanks!
    Logain.

7. Albull

Albull Well-Known Member

I like the sound of both the Legion V Legion idea, and Ricey Rice, if you two don't mind i would like to take these idea's and somhow modifie them slight and join them together...it would take me a while but i'm pretty sure i could come up with somthing.

For example, only legions are aloud to join the event and must have a minumum of say 15 people on..upto 3 legions can join max and only legion kisks can be used> yet it would have to be done on a map where there isnt noobs trying to level> lol i would also need an admins help...hmm many possibilites..many ways to do it. I am going to think on this one hard core.

Albull

1 person likes this.
  8. Logain

Logain New Member

Curious..

Ok, there will probably be a very quick response about this, but I am going to post it anyway.

Exactly how far have GMs worked on Legion setup/leveling?

I am not the founder of my Legion, but I know so far you cannot edit your insignia(cape) and/or level it in excess...

Is there not a way to fix this situation? I think this server is excellent, but I know the more you can create a Legion's ability to have its own image, and its own "personality" if you will.. teamwork/competition will excel very quickly causing this PvP server to get more competitive and more fun.

9. Ricey Rice

Ricey Rice Getting there

That would be nice, but are there maps/ locations that support this type of game? and Legion Vs Legion would be good as a Pvp only event because if there are teams of Legions only, a good handful of people would be left out

But it's you're decision. I will support anything you guys do/

10. Laeria

Laeria New Member

I've been bouncing from server to server trying things out trying to find a good one to call home. Been here for almost a week now and I think this is where I'll be staying. The GMs are one of the reasons why.

I'm going to tell you right now, most of the discontent is going to be on the players and not the GMs. It's been a long time since I hosted a Private Server (Ragnarok Online) and the players rarely understand the work that gets put in by a GM. This server has a lot of players which further increases the GM workload.

While I wish the GMs were a little more accessible, looking at the number of players around me and the events that are frequently held it's pretty obvious that my message probably got buried in a pile of other whispers the GM has to filter. Too bad Aion doesn't have an in game IM system like what WIM did for WoW.

Okay, after making you read that wall of text (it was at gunpoint that you read this but didn't know) I will offer a little suggestion. Give the players some way to know what GM may be online. 9 times out of 10 all we see are the words of the GM, not who says them. If you log in, say in the middle of a trivia event or when a GM isn't talking in announce, you have no clue who it is that can offer you support or who you need to whisper to get involved in the event.

11. Albull

Albull Well-Known Member

I guess i could work on this for you> Put my name after every single announcment i do should be to hard, and i suppose that i could say i'm online every 20 minuets or so, inless im in an event or spammed by PM's. I don't mean say im online with announcement either> i ment i can make it appear in just the chat every 20 mins.

Shouldent be to hard for me, but then again i'm a forgetfull person, but i will try ;)

Albull

12. Ricey Rice

Ricey Rice Getting there

off topic but...
    I had my own tiny RO server... 5 dedicated users who ended up eating up all the RAM in my server box.

13. Elyios

Elyios Expert

Ofcourse stuff like disappearing kinah and items isnt pleasing anyone (players and probably admins as well), bust i am still having a good time on GamezAion, ty for that... :)

Bit more xx vs yy events would be welcome (kinah goes fast :p)...

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  14. Laeria

Laeria New Member

What about something on the website, kind of like a server and/or GM online status?

15. Albull

Albull Well-Known Member

Carl would have to do that..so it's really upto him> but that does sound like a good idea...might be hard to link certain accounts to certain status though..although i'm no expert so...

Albull

16. minosu

minosu Expert

i've done a GM status page before for another game and it's not too hard
    but if Carl said the server statuses took up a lot of bandwidth/processing, then the which GMs are online would take up even more.

17. Xiderox

Xiderox Proficient

Besides the hackers and lag this server is pretty dope my only suggestions are..

Dunno if this is possible but maybe a race vs race event where the entire race that wins or loses could get the prize. Pretty sure its a bummer for people to whisper then not get signed up because all the slots were taken by people who were faster at typing.

GM's sell anuhart helmets etc.. again just cause that's the only way to get them I believe?

18. Framboise

Framboise Expert Forum Legend

God stop with the RvR it's sickening me =='. And for that's a bad idea ( No offence), Imagine, 650player's online, 2K offline, that's a hell of a lot of porting, Rewards to send.

Just wait untill the fort's are fixed and you'll get that kinda stuff

19. Nedamic

Nedamic Proficient

Zomg what seed? Please do tell!

maybe you could sort out legions according to the number of online people they have, anyways, it'll probably be better than 50v29 faction events you do, cause people will be more tactical and organized about it, they wont all just go on their own, I'm probably not explaining myself well enough but you get it...

well it would help if GMs answered questions in a sertain room, that way they don't get spammed with questions, instead, people can kinda wait till the person that was there first is done. You could go to one of the fancy pandaemunium mansions and tell people to come to that location if they have questions. Maybe it'll be annoying for busy people, but it'll be a bit more fun and organized.

-btw, GMs should be able to spawn NPCs, just saying x}

lol, maybe you should have a missing gear awareness program, like, in the main site, and in the server announcements, you tell people to take screenies of their gear x].

maybe something on the website part (not on the forums, that's tedious, do it in the main website!), and you could make automatic announcements that say that you can see which GMs are online at the website. mayyybe you could also tell around what time are those GMs usually online, and maybe where they take questions (pandaemonium mansions~) oh, and maybe a GM bio... and their GM rank... all this sounds doable, and might take a few GM complaints away =]. and when a GM is about to log on/off, they check themselves in the website...

HOW ABOUT EVENT-ISH THINGS WHERE GMS TAKE YOU TO INSTANCES THAT ARE AVAILABLE BUT HAVE NO ENTRANCE AT THE MOMMENT. MAYBE ALSO LET GMS DO EVENT-ISH THINGS WHERE YOU DO A QUEST THAT ISN"T CURRENTLY AVAILABLE AND GET THE REWARD FOR IT... oh wait, gms can't spawn items...
    I mean, how about letting GMs be like temporary fixes to stuff, like quests, instances, hell, maybe even fortresses xD

20. Tiron

Tiron Getting there

Maybe someway to get Pvp armor ingame besides 2500 creds for each peace :D

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

you Get the Helm from events i got one :D