1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Safezones

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by InFeuse, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InFeuse

InFeuse WAT

Well... Lately safezones are ruining whole pvp on gamez... people just camp in waiting too see someone with low HP, kill him and come back again... So i got an idea... better to explain with screenshots (and my awsum painting skills)

[​IMG]

Once people jump out of safezone, they won't be able to jump in again, coz it will be too high (that will be problem for some areas, with hills and objects, but atleast they cant come in and out every second). Obelisk would be reachable from ground, and it will spawn the respawned character in safezone, ON the higher platform. If something like this would be possible to make, ofc.

2. Deathangel

Deathangel True Chill Forum Legend

No, that's absolutely not possible.

3. InFeuse

InFeuse WAT

I saw some map modifications on other servers... Well is it not possible by our devs, or totally not possible ? :p

4. Deathangel

Deathangel True Chill Forum Legend

Map modifications? You can change some attributes of certain zones, allow kisking/add-remove neutral zones/remove-add some static objects, but you can't change the map layout and add stuff like a little mountain. that's totally impossible. It would also require a custom patch on your client and a serverside geodata modification. not possible at all.

5. Hakuoo

Hakuoo Getting there

hehe good suggestion.

but this should be sent to Ncsoft i guess, not in gamezaion :innocent:

6. InFeuse

InFeuse WAT

Someone send it to NCSoft then :D

I am really getting bored if i fight templar near the safezone, ranger come hit me and go again inside the safezone...

7. vesiinabox

vesiinabox Death be chillin bitches. Forum Legend

Better yet , no safe zones no guards except inside the major cities on each end, No obelisks except inside the major cities...then the only problem is your forts (not really a problem if you remove guards o.o?...Would force players to kisk elsewhere and spread out pvp ....This or remove all maps besides Tia's Eyes since its the best pvp map Ncsoft has ever created.

8. Grrr

Grrr Highly Damaging Member Forum Legend

Fixed it for you

That was the reason that nobody pvp'd in tiamaranta. The pvp map was too much effort to get to, much easier for them to bind on 2-3 close locations and ping-pong it out. Only the players can change the pvp and despite what they are saying it doesn't look like they want that to happen.

3 people like this.
  9. Badrobot

Badrobot SNU SNU

They'd have to create new areas on the maps. Why not, just remove safezones.. like completely? They suck and they ruin pvp as you said, and i agree. Id rather go back to inggi/gelk kisk pvp than this ridiculous pvp situation :/ Im constantly being camped by 15-50 people after having killed a couple of randoms. And the worst part is that people dont actually pvp (unless you catch them in that lake in danaria), they just hit and go back to safezone and they usually only go out of safe zone when you are outnumbered..

2 people like this.
  10. vesiinabox

vesiinabox Death be chillin bitches. Forum Legend

Ingission wasnt fast for asmos to get to ..vise versa for gelk for elyos...so whats so hard about it now? Its not its just that people have gotten used to the safe zones.

on another note removing the guards except within cities would allow for some* flight pvp as well sounds pretty cool to me but then again some people hate it.

11. Alente

Alente Legend Forum Legend

Technically possible but far too much work to implement with inconsistent clients causing all sorts of bugs.

I personally hate the entire concept of safe zones in this game and NCSoft's rubbish attempts at designing them. If I had my way at the very least the likes of Danaria would be swapped into a more Silentera-esque design where safe zones are race-specific floating platforms (resonably high but nothing absurd) that cannot be reached. The only way to get to them would be to bind at the obelisk which would be beneath them (nothing there on the ground would be protected) and then die at some point. Basically a safe point for reentry that cannot be retreated to when a fight starts going poorly.

Alas I'd also like a money tree and a unicorn for Christmas.

Removing safezones, something we've done before in Heiron/Beluslan, would largely only serve to increase the amount of spawn camping that happens in maps like Danaria.

Even if we ignore the inconvenience of pushing the client-side patches to everyone (official launcher use being as inconsistent among the community as it is) that still doesn't change the fact that people are going to be bound to those Obelisks which now lack any protection to speak of - commence spawn camping.

OK... delete the obelisks then? Rutroh - people are still bound to those locations.

OK... rebind everyone in Danaria to their starter zones. Now the teleport points inside Danaria are going to get zerg camped instead.

A fair bit of work and headache to shift the problem around. Sadly at the end of the day Aion is designed around large-scale combat (read: zerging) and any sort of pingpong set up (looking at you Inggison forts) will attract people. Whether they admit it or not that's pretty much what people seem to enjoy doing.

I do agree it could be significantly improved (eg safe zones taking 10-15 seconds to protect you after running into them) but again that involves client-side adjustments to display correctly.

2 people like this.
  12. Ddraig

Ddraig Steel of Destiny

Removing safezones won´t do anything but relocate the zerg to another area in another map. These discussion also happened when Ingisson and Gelkamaros where the place of ping pong pvp and there wasn´t any safe zone except the fortress and the camps, which if memory serves right, people complained of the constant camping, much like now. And before that, the now so named Beluslan wars, and the legendary campings in Jaiparan village in Heiron.

Any pvp change can and only will come from the player base attitude and preferences, you could have everything rigged with teleporters and safezone free and still would zerg, ping pong and group in any location that is defensible in a bottle neck style.

So what we really have is a speech of the minority, us, that want to have a different type of pvp and the majority, the server population, that does no give a sh!t and feel happy and satisfied zerging. I do not see any solution to that really.

13. Frix

Frix 고독한 Forum Legend

Here you go sir:

[​IMG]
    and

[​IMG]

Please remove safe zones now plox. And you can just ban ppl for obelisk camping. :p

1 person likes this.
  14. Badrobot

Badrobot SNU SNU

No one will even pvp in katalam if you remove the safe zones. You could just spawn Nobody's everywhere in the main fortresses. People would eventually (After a day or two) realize that going back to inggison/gelk or heiron/beluslan is a better idea, since without the safe zones they wouldnt be able to protect their precious abyss points (ahaha).

@Ddraig, yea i agree with everything you said. But inggi zerg pvp = better than katalam zerg pvp.

15. Ddraig

Ddraig Steel of Destiny

Yes indeed.

What made Inggi and Gelk better at the ping pong pvp, was that the average distance from fort A to fort B was many times longer, making several opportunities to find people or small groups to ambush or even, rarely, solo 1v1. Its was still highly stupid, but never near the level of out current situation.

Yeah, wouldn´t be bad to pave katalam and danaria in nobodies slashing trough everyone and everything. lol, I want a video of that, Nobody´s corps invasion, sweet.

16. Frix

Frix 고독한 Forum Legend

How about creating huge safe zone all over Katalam and Danaria so ppl can't pvp there? :p

3 people like this.
  17. Aliah23

Aliah23 Proficient

then better to put PVP in inggison/gelkmaros then.

18. Ddraig

Ddraig Steel of Destiny

Nuuu it would be boring... with the nobodies it would a slaughter, we could even make an event of survival of how many seconds you can be there... price for the one that manages 10 minutes.

19. Frix

Frix 고독한 Forum Legend

And we could create something like Gamez Hunger Games ...

20. Ddraig

Ddraig Steel of Destiny

There we have a neat new event. It would be awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.