1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Motivation for PvP and decent gear for everyone

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jankop, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jankop

jankop Expert

Hello Carl + GMs,

I got an idea how to motivate people to do PvP and increase rate of 1v1 instead of RvR. My idea is add 1x Plat, 1x Mithriel Medals for every 3-5 kills for low rank/10 kills for Officers rank and higher( Number of medals depend on you). Important is that you must be the person who killed your enemy. It was working on most PvP servers and there were much much more fair fights than we have now. Also it's motivating you to do PvP instead of PvE farming and everyone will have decent gear for fair fight. It will not destroy VOTE system because top items are only from VOTE system.

Please let me know what do you think about it + what is pro and what cons from CARL possition. If you can't implement it please post here a reason.

Thanks in advance for replies.

4 people like this.
  2. wannabe

wannabe Proficient

i think its hard to implement your ideas.but its good suggest.

3. LordCurlyFry

LordCurlyFry Yeah, I like curly fries. Forum Legend

So what you're saying is to reward people on getting a kill. Sooo... we would end up with multiple people wanting that reward. So more and more people would go after the enemy, if it's 1 or 10, just go get that reward. It's a good idea, but sadly it won't work.

Basically, your idea would just give zergers a reward for doing the most damage over their fellow zergers.

1 person likes this.
  4. Jessica

Jessica Banned Forum Legend

That's a feature that'll take a lot of effort to make it work. Identifying if a person is alone in an area and not in a group and if the killed enemy was fully killed by the attacker's damage. The reward u talk about already exist in tiamaranta's eye currently and it was previously in danaria.

5. matyuara93

matyuara93 New Member

+ it's good idea

6. mrcooldown

mrcooldown New Member

hey gm why i can't login my acaunt

7. dranz248

dranz248 ™ $#%!

Dont post it here lols...

1 person likes this.
  8. jankop

jankop Expert

Hi, If you know on Lumiel are only zergs or huge group of people. Its really really hard to find 1v1 fight so you can't really improve yourself in PvP. Thats why I am trying to find some better way how to reduce zergs.

9. DOndee

DOndee Filipino Pride 2019 Forum Legend

From my point of view. You want to give a certain reward for a person who gets a kill. For every kill that person gets 1plat/mithril medal. This is if I understood it correctly. Am I right?

10. jankop

jankop Expert

Yes I want to reward people to search for fair PvP. Current situation on Lumiel is Running from one spawn to another. So there is only 5% chance that you will find someone for 1v1 or 2v2. Only minimum 10+ vs 10+. From my side its really borring, not improving my skill and so. If you think that this way will not increase rate of 1v1 /2v2 or so than you can a bit change this idea. For example If you want reward you must hit enemy as first and do the highest damage or something. And in zerg fight It will be super hard so people will try to kill their target alone without zerging. But I think that rewarding people for doing PvP is really important. People with 10+ milion AP have no motivation. They can not get medals in some activity which they love and also they do not need AP, Rank skills are not working so its pretty unmotivated thing.

What do you think?

11. DOndee

Ok

You're idea will not only motivate zerging more but giving zergers something useful for, well, zerging. What you're saying is to give rewards for whoever does the most damage to a player and gets the kill which really, in my point of view, will give players the motivation to zerg more. Players of today has a mindset of: Oh hey, a solo player getting chased by 2. I must get the kill so I can get platinum medals. <== This is why it's not a good idea. More and more players will come to try to get the kill off of the solo player which will lead to people zerging more.

As closure, your idea will not promote better pvp but will encourage people to zerg more =)

12. Ciel

Ciel Chill Revolution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Forum Legend

This won't work it will just give the players more "motivation" to zerg more and to be honest nobody likes zerging yet they still do it..

13. Witch

Witch Scarlet Witch

My suggestion is make zergers get 1 ap if 5+ players are attacking the same enemie all at once. better then rewarding them with items ! Obviously doesn't got to be 5 just an example.

After all most zergers just do it for the ap.

2 people like this.
  14. Ddraig

Ddraig Steel of Destiny

I think that as an idea is valid, and in general context is fair as well.

But the zergs right now are comprised mostly of gunners and rangers. These classes have an advantage in getting kills due to dps and range. So, for them being in a zerg or not with that kind of reward is irrelevant, since they still get most of the kills, I know this cause I was (shame on me) a gunner and was easy to rank to star 4 with 1k kills in less than 2 weeks playing only 2 hours a day tops.

And well, I think that the zerg style play has to do with mentality more than mechanics. People play like that cause they like it, and the players in the forum are a minority, the bulk of the player base does no come here nor they read these threads.

Despite all that, I wouldn´t oppose a modification like this one.

1 person likes this.
  15. jankop

jankop Expert

okay so from your point of view is better to keep it like it is and do not care about people with Lot of AP points? What about make arena for 5v5, 3v3, 1v1 with some special reward. I think it can reduce zergs a bit or make a location like dredgion. If you enter/jump there you have no SAFE spot. You can die or fight. Right now as you know its only about running from one SAFE spot to another. If i look on RvR events its really good thing because once the fight start you have no safe spot so you must fight till the end.

I dont know I am just trying to make this server much interesting for new people and also for current players.

1 person likes this.
  16. Witch

Witch Scarlet Witch

If there was a group arena I would be there all day instead of pvp much funner good suggestion.

17. DOndee

Did I say "leave it as it is" ? Nope, I didn't. I just opposed your idea of giving rewards to people who get kills. PvP in gamez is more like a mentality to players as what Ddraig said. You can't go out there and tell players hey don't zerg. It's more of a personal preference for them to zerg and as what you've suggested earlier by giving them rewards from getting kills will just give them the motivation boost to zerg more. I'm an active PvP'er in both servers, Siel and Lumiel. I find decent PvP in Lumiel as much as I do on Siel. Dredgion, dredgion... It's been there since 3.7 and nobody joins it. This is an application of again, personal preference in PvP. People don't come on the forums regularly and to be honest, active forum people are like what, 1/4th of the gamezaion population? All in all, your idea is good but not applicable.

18. Ddraig

Ddraig Steel of Destiny

It is always as Ddraig says... You all ought to learn that by now. XD

1 person likes this.
  19. jankop

jankop Expert

You are wrong. People didnt join Dredgion because there was no really reward. If you want to tell people to do Dredgion or solo PvP You need to give them Motivation. If you put Lot of Medals/Weapons/Remodels/ what ever in some specific location/activity people will join it for sure. But if you dont give them rewards or something they will not interest of it. Its like VOTE system. Why you reward people for voting? Because with it noone will VOTE. Its same with GAME. If we find way how to implement motivation like in VOTIng into the game lot of things will change. I posted my ideas, if its not good try to find some advance solutions for it.

1 person likes this.
  20. Grrr

Grrr Highly Damaging Member Forum Legend

This won't work for a lot of reasons and here's some just off the top of my mind:
    1)Make a second account > level the char to 65 (in case it doesn't work with lowbies) > buy 10 legion kisks > park that character in some remote area like morheim/eltnen > kill it with your main > yay free medals. New "ap trading" successful.

2) Just like previously mentioned everyone will want that shitty 1 medal badly so zergs will become even more vicious. Are you gonna leave that walking reward just cause some sin is trying to kill him ? NO, you go in there full buffed and try to outdps him as fast as you can. Won't work.

See? In the first 2 minutes of thinking up the idea it sounds all good and stuff, but you forget to consider the player mentality here. Despite so many people on the forum saying bs like "i don't zerg' , "i wanna have fair fights" and stuff like that ingame they are that person who full buffs behind 15 randoms and pulls you into the guards just to get that 1k ap from a 5star and then spam /laugh at him. If you want 1v1 fights you can go to the coliseum or just ask people for duels.

But since it's in the suggestion section and i'm bored i might aswell add some stuff. Since retail made dredgion available to lvl 65 recently we could boost the reward to fit the server's rates since that is the reason nobody goes there. Right now it's like 6.5k - 9k ap for a win that takes about 30minutes. Make it 200-300k and people will magically start going there. Make sieges give 100k ap and 50 medals (type depending on fort) and they'll do that too. Change the ap gain by 50% in a specific zone and rotate them every 2-3 weeks and you'll move all those zergers out of gelk/sauro path whenever you want. It won't make them start doing 1v1s but it will be a nice change of scenery. Against zerging there's nothing to do about it tho, if you make people get negative ap if more than 5 attack a target they'll make an alliance and take turns on who attacks and who leeches. There's probly a lot of negatives about this too, but like i said - i'm bored and just woke up.

Arena of harmony.

5 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.