1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Level gap restrictions for PvP....GOLDEN IDEA

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Sagius, Aug 30, 2010.

?

Your opinion on level gap restrictions for PvP?

1. Best idea I've heard all week.

10 vote(s)
    24.4%
  2. Would certainly level the playing field.

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  3. YES! I'm sick of people ganking my lower levels!

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. I thought 55s weren't allowed to kill toons lower than lvl 30 anyway o.0

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  5. No, that's all I do on my 55s now is gank lower levels.

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
  6. G!VE K!N4H NAU >.<

14 vote(s)
    34.1%
  1. Sagius

Sagius Getting there

There are too many noobs that are max level going around and picking off lower level toons. It's pathetic, irritating, and a waste of processing. Level 55s ganking level 26-40s....where is the challenge in that? There is none. You get maybe 25ap per lower level gank because most people in that level group don't even bother with going to the abyss.

SO, my suggestion....for these idiotic players that have nothing better to do with their time, we make some ground rules for them. Suggested rules for PvP as follows:

-Toons that are levels 1-35=pink named to level 55s(cannot engage in combat). If a player violates this, they run the risk of their account being permanently banned for the first violation, IP ban for second violation(should they make or already have a second account).

-Players cannot engage in combat against toons that are greater than 10 levels lower than their own toon, or run the risk of their account being banned for 1 month for the first violation, 3 months for the second violation, 6 months for the third, permanent account ban for fourth, IP ban for the fifth violation.

-Assign a color to the overhead display(character name, legion, abyss rank)for toons that are greater than 10 levels lower than your own toon. This way, people know like pink named, they aren't permitted to engage in "combat"(that's just a one-sided fight), or risk facing penalties in doing so.

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Let's see what you all think.

2. jmotz94

jmotz94 Proficient

i been getting ganked when im low level.. so now im doing my little "revenge" its unfair if i cant do it anyomore.

3. Sagius

Sagius Getting there

I just don't see a point in doing it. The people you're ganking aren't the ones who did it to you and that's just a waste of gameplay. Yeah it sucks, but why are you gonna do it when you know how irritated you got when it happened to you?

4. jmotz94

jmotz94 Proficient

because "revenge" is fun. i want ppl to feel what i felt.

5. Sagius

Sagius Getting there

it isn't necessarily "revenge" because you're not killing the ones who did it to you. No offense, but that's just you being a prick. :unsure:

6. Dementa

Dementa Providence Forum Legend

Why isn't there like a "no, its a pvp server, deal with it and find somewhere else to level" option?

1 person likes this.
  7. Sagius

Sagius Getting there

Wasn't there a restriction on killing toons lower than level 30 Dementa? Also, because you're probably one of the people who spend countless hours ganking level 20-40s when you aren't in here and laugh about it?

8. Kanaka

Kanaka Proficient

You do know there is places to level in NON pvp areas? I have leveled toons this way and in pvp zones. You level so fast that you are in and out in short order.

So I dont understand the poll at all on a pvp server. Retail is thataway----------->

9. Arsuf

Arsuf Expert

Is this another cry thread with the same topic about low level killing?

For me thats the fun of it. If you got killed by a player 10 levels from you consider it as a challenge. This is a war between 3 races (asmo, elyos and balaur). And in war no exemptions even if your still level 1. In my opinion killing low level is necessary to delay the growth of the the other race. Because the more highbie they have the stronger they will become. So stop crying about it and go find an alt map you can level on. Both races are doing it to the opposing race so nothing will be considered as unfair.

10. Lucent

Lucent Ghost in the shell of a former Drama Queen Forum Legend

There was a restriction on it for about an hour until everyone cried about it before understanding it, and then there was some guards made to defend spawn points but they somehow got overwritten.

Restricting killing low levels as a whole (out of towns, spawn points, just out in the world and such) is a bit too general to enforce much and it'd cause a lot of distraction from the more important issues of speedhacking and such.

1 person likes this.
  11. Dementa

You obviously haven't been here long enough to know my opinions on the subject, I've posted before, I don't kill pink names, I despise people that rift into Morheim/Eltnen.

12. Sagius

Sagius Getting there

Your tomfoolery is appreciated thataway *points at nubville* Get to steppin buddy

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

You say one thing, yet voice it in another....you contradict yourself...

13. Dementa

"Deal with it" does mean that I kill lowbies. I just think it's a stupid idea to ban people for it.

And it's not like there's one place to level at any certain level. 20-25 you can go theo/eltnen/brust/morheim, 25-40 you can go eltnen/morheim/heiron/beluslan, 40-55 you can go theo/heiron/brust/beluslan.

14. Sagius

Sagius Getting there

Actually no, level 37 toon, and I was ganked by a 55....there is no challenge there moron...go and try to sound justified and noble elsewhere....maybe you can go join Kanaka in the corner where I pointed for him to go to.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Thanks for your input.

See Dementa, that's how Mods are supposed to make replies towards the general player population...take some notes...

15. Dementa

No, thats how GMs are, I'm a normal player just like yourself, it doesn't mean I have to be nice just because I'm a forum moderator >.> A forum moderator isn't allowed to input their opinion on a subject?

16. Ally

Ally Well-Known Member

Seriously,
    every thread you start... oh my my
    you trying to start a revolution?

17. Sagius

Sagius Getting there

Actually Forum Moderators do need a level of people person skills.....not sure where all you've done moderating at, but obviously they weren't too great of places....you go to most any forum and the mods there actually provide info, not make an attempt to bash someone or make it sound like they're "crying" about something like Arsuf....and by the way, you went right by my question....Edixoid was kind enough to cover for you because the question was directed at you....

18. Tifa

Tifa Old

Wow who kill low noobie anyway? they give me nothing but kills and i have a lot of kill alrdy.

19. Arsuf

Arsuf Expert

Im not bashing into this argument. And dont call me moron because im just stating my opinion. And yeah you're crying about it. Imagine you would ban 55s for killing level 37s. That only shows how pathetic you are and how your head was as big as a pumpkin but no logical sense in it. Dont rage baby...

You mad???

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  20. Autumn

Autumn Banned

I think those high level portals should be removed from lv20-40 zones, however I don't think it's worth any QQ. You can always find a place to level. You are never stuck. You can fly high enough to go over enemy radar if you have to. Leveling to 55 takes a mere 5 hours or so.