1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[SPOILERS] GoT Discussion

Discussion in 'Media Center' started by Dimitra, May 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

If you haven't watched up until the latest episode of the HBO Series Game of Thrones and you are sensitive to spoilers, please do not read past this point.

**NO DAMN BOOK SPOILERS.
    **NO DAMN BOOK SPOILERS.
    **NO DAMN BOOK SPOILERS.
    **NO DAMN BOOK SPOILERS.
    **NO DAMN BOOK SPOILERS.
    **NO DAMN BOOK SPOILERS.
    **NO DAMN BOOK SPOILERS.
    **NO DAMN BOOK SPOILERS.
    **NO DAMN BOOK SPOILERS.
    **NO DAMN BOOK SPOILERS.
    **NO DAMN BOOK SPOILERS.
    **NO DAMN BOOK SPOILERS.
    **NO DAMN BOOK SPOILERS.
    **NO DAMN BOOK SPOILERS.
    **NO DAMN BOOK SPOILERS.
    **NO DAMN BOOK SPOILERS.

I copied this from Jeremy's thread and wanted to make a discussion thread cause after every episode I would like to discuss what happened with you people and hear how you guys found it x.x

..I could say that this was pretty much exactly me when I saw that sword coming out of Karl Tanner's mouth

[​IMG]

And that was also me during the Lysa/Littlefinger scene

[​IMG]

I am also so sick of Arya and the Hound's adventures around the world, can they just stop, I mean she's been wearing the same clothes for two seasons

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  2. wolfstride

wolfstride Hentai

I'm preparing myself for *spoiler*

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  3. Lucent

Lucent Ghost in the shell of a former Drama Queen Forum Legend

Keep it to current episode discussion

4. wolfstride

wolfstride Hentai

ops my bad no spoilers from the books :D

5. BeastiesDecoyAccount

BeastiesDecoyAccount Chillin likea guy who chills

Cut off their manhood, and feed it to the goats
    The ending with Karl, I saw coming. And not just because I read the books. That whole mission to go kill the deserters never happened at all in the books. Silly Karl should have realized not to turn his back on that with the Valyrian steel sword that you were just fighting. And hopefully that lady now knows how to properly stab people in the back. I was expecting Jon to look at her and say something like "That's how you do it!"

Really disappointed with how they handled Locke. We have a truly interesting character who has no love for the Lannisters or for money or power who is with someone else who hates the Lannisters and they just went the stupid and predictable route of making him a minor villain. They should have made him a "better" ally to Jon and later on he could tell Jon about where he was really from.

And then he can be like "Hey Jon you know that Jaime Lannister?" And Jon will be like "Yeah, man I met him once, he was a real prick." and Locke will be like "Well you're gonna love what I'm about to tell you then, trololo." And Jon will be like "What happened?" And Locke will be like "I cut off his hand! Now he can't fight worth a shit anymore!" And Jon will be like "Fucking awesome man, we're gonna be good friends!" and then they go into the shield hall and have a drink together.

Writers really fucked up on that one.

On a slightly related matter, I would like to see some kind of prequel series or comics about some of the more minor characters. Like Karl. He was a really cool minor villain with his back story and fighting style. I would love to read or watch more about his back story, adventures in Gin alley, all his fights with those knights that he bragged about, and how he was finally caught and decided to go to the wall. Lot of potential here with quite a few of these show only characters.

As for Syrio Forel. He hasn't been seen or heard of in the books either, but I facepalm whenever I hear anyone say that he's dead. "Why?" You ask.

Because of this.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NeverFoundTheBody

[​IMG]

6. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

Well I mean his stay was quite short, I was expecting more stuff too D:

But what bothered me is that anger that I have in me shouting "OMG JON AND BRAN NEED TO FUCKING MEET FINALLY" and Bran starts shouting Jon's name and Jon is fighting and he keeps shouting and I'm like NO DO IT LOUDER and then Bran decides to leave without saying hi to Jon and I'm just sitting there like

[​IMG]

7. BeastiesDecoyAccount

1. They never came near each other in books. They just added the whole, Bran and company getting captured by the deserters just in order to give Bran something to do. Even though his chapters were very interesting in the books, it was more of a "inner journey" for him and his motley crew as they just trudged north of the wall to wherever they currently are.

That would be very boring to watch on T.V so they added that part because otherwise they would probably have to cut Bran out all together for a season or two until they finally made it to wherever they ended up and started doing the things they did. (I'd go into details, but spoilers)

2. If Jon met Bran, then there was no way he would just let him continue on up north. I mean think about it from Jon's view. "My young, crippled half brother wants to go up north to where all the frozen zombies and white walkers are while Mance Raydar, his army, and everyone else north of the wall is trying to GTF South. Yeah, I'm gonna have to put a stop to this." So they just made it the near miss thing like what has been happening to the Starks left and right.

Also random fact.

The guy who played Locke is the same guy who played Willy Wonka's dad in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory".

and Karl played that one super nerdy scientiest guy opposite the dude from "Always Sunny in Pennsylvania" in Pacific Rim.

Yeah both quite different from their other characters. Kind of crazy how good these actors are.

8. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

Yeah I know, they mentioned the "Jon won't let you move up North" part in the episode, but.. still sad!
    And.. about the Locke part, he played Charlie's dad not Willy Wonka's!

9. Lucent

I really can't understand why you don't appreciate the Arya and Hound duo.

You're going to have to get used to it too because now we have two duos!

10. BeastiesDecoyAccount

You know what I meant. Besides Willlie's dad was played by Saruman.

11. Lucent

Anyway, I'm surprised the reveal that it was actually littlefinger and lysa that plotted the death of Jon Arryn (as opposed to the lannisters which were the assumed culprits) hasn't been discussed yet

Considering that littlefinger is also the one that roused Ned's suspicion that it was Cersei who did it, you can basically see how Littlefinger has so far had a play in almost every major story changing event in westeros (of course, he hasn't done much in Essos because it so far doesn't concern his rise to power, but varys.........)

1 person likes this.
  12. ::B::Y::O::B::

::B::Y::O::B:: Expert Forum Legend

You guys type to fucking much, don't you know us black people can't read ,,!,,

13. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

Oh yes! I was like =O!
    And it made me hate that woman even more.. At first we saw her being a psycho in front of her sister and breastfeeding her almost teenage son in front of everyone and now she talks about marrying Petyr because they killed her husband together, and then we have that stupid retarded child of hers flying objects out of the moon door and she says Sansa will be his wife..

I mean Sansa, that girl is probably the unluckiest one in there!

14. Clubs

Clubs Retired Forum Legend

This episode kinda disappointed me.

Arya's one of my favorite characters and the first scene with them was directed and written by someone with mental damage. They just portrayed her as a petty pain and the hound as someone who responds to stupid shit. They had like no depth, it reminded me of watching ABC Family.

15. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

Like I said I like Arya but she's just boring now on the show.. As well as Jon Snow.
    Jon Snow never bothered me anyway!

1 person likes this.
  16. Slyther

Slyther Oculus Ex Inferni Forum Legend

just because of this.

Let's forget the fail of an episode that last episode was, and just sing along

[video=youtube;u6KLzjXAV3s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6KLzjXAV3s[/video]

In any case, yeah I didn't really like that last episode, it was the most antic-limatic one so far this season, in my opinion.

17. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

Yes <33
    My favourite song!

Also let's not forget:

[video=youtube;RMvt13PtV5I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMvt13PtV5I[/video]

1 person likes this.
  18. BeastiesDecoyAccount

The book gave quite a few clues about Littlefinger and Lysa being behind Jon Arryn's death. I'm just disappointed that they had to come and blurt it out on the show. You think they could have been more subtle about it.

Though it also makes Lysa a super huge major hypocrite bitch with how she was going to do everything in her power to kill Tyrion back in season 1 when she all along was the culprit.

Well at least it seems Robin is no longer breastfeeding. So that's a small relief right there.

As for Littlefinger, even as of book 5 we really don't know what his major plan, along with his end game is. All sorts of theories from him wanting to sit the Iron Throne, to him just causing all this war in Westeros so he can come back later, "clean up" and be regarded as a hero.

It's kind of a shame he's away from Kings Landing though, I did enjoy the Varys vs Littlefinger scenes.

19. Lucent

Potential book spoiler, don't highlight the below text unless you've read book 5

I find it interesting that they had a conversation about the Iron Bank btw, heavy foreshadowing c:

Okay

Anyway I thought the Arya part was quite good. They gave more depth to her names, being that even though shes traveling with the Hound shes still ultimately planning to kill him. Obviously we've heard her go over her names before, but in the show at least it has always just been something she does here and there, it has never been emphasized quite so much.

Also, while you might feel like the fighting scene between them was silly, I think otherwise. The Hound didn't respond to shit, he was teaching her a valuable lesson. He hit her, but not enough to cause any considerable damage, and its definitely not as bad as being bludgeoned in the back of the head with the head of an axe. I think they were trying to put emphasis on the fact that while her fighting style may have come from the First Sword of Braavos, she isn't fit to kill armored knights with needle which could barely pierce the Hound's armor. Keep in mind, if you've read the books you were given pages of detail, the show has to detail things in a much different way sometimes, and I think a scene like this was good and got the point across in its own fashion.

20. BeastiesDecoyAccount

Keep in mind that in Arya's list she said "The Hound" and not "Sandor Clegane" Ill just let guys mull that over and try to come to your own conclusions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.