1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

GP reward from 1v1

Discussion in 'GamezAION General Discussion' started by m2chaudh2, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m2chaudh2

m2chaudh2 New Member

Hi GMs,

I enjoy playing on this server since the 4.5 update. I mostly play weeknights and weekends EST. Since busiest time for the server is too late for me to get some action, I find satisfaction in having the choice of doing 1v1 event or Mix_fight event(solo or group).

I feel this being a pvt server, players should be allowed to have the choice, even if you want to monitor and influence how the PvP develops on each server, you shouldn't be allowed to influence how I(players) spend my time. More people are moving to sieges during this time and I'm left with empty Mix_fights and 1v1 arenas. If you could incorporate more reward system for mix and 1v1 to have a balance of population in both areas, and we don't have pvp maps that are completely dead(especially when euro and asian population isn't on), will really help.

After the 4.7 patch I've noticed the ranks decreasing and even though this shouldn't be on your priority list, but can you bring some kind of GP reward from these two arenas. I tried siege the other day, it was a complete waste of time, and even with my fancy PC and no lagg due to being in NA, I was still lagging in the siege event. Getting pulled through walls and doors from Templars pull was not fun. I've WOC2 and I felt like I was shooting in slow motion inside fortress with lots of Asmodians. I'm running on a SSD, with i7 , nVidia 680, with 32GB, and 50mbit connection..

I dont like grinding, thats why I became the donator. The thing I hate the most is grinding for PvP. If I have to go look for pvp, and then logg off each day coz of it. I'm unfortunately on eastern timezone and I dont see a high population between 6PM-10PM EST.

2. Bordy

Bordy i am chilleriest Forum Legend

It gets busy usually around 1am - 6am your time. That would be 1pm - 6pm GMT +8, Philippines time zone.

3. Akikaze

Akikaze Elohim, Essaim...I implore you Forum Legend

The point is that 1vs1 training can be easily abused. I've seen people dual clients just to kill themselves for AP in the past. If GP was rewarded for the 1vs1 (and Mix_Fight), I can see the same thing happening.

Besides Sieges which reward GP, the other special battlegrounds also reward GP, including the 2vs2, 3vs3, Battle of the Gods, Guardian Keeper etc. You're not limited to one option. Currently not all GP quests are implemented yet but the daily Kill quests in Danaria/Katalam are functional (3 GP per turn in).

1 person likes this.
  4. Bordy

Bordy i am chilleriest Forum Legend

Regarding the issue about Templars pulling people through the gates at the forts, it is kinda retarded but I guess it's a manageable problem. Looking at the bright side, the server kinda got busy when GP was introduced although it did it's damage on the Mix Fight, 1v1 arenas. But basing from my observation, there are times when Mix Fight is really crowded and when doing a 1v1 arena, you get ported instantly after registering. I guess it is due to the time zones, as I mentioned on my last post, those times are usually the busiest.

5. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

If you want GP from PVP either go do the PVP quests that give GP and BM or just PVP during siege.

6. Grrr

Grrr Highly Damaging Member Forum Legend

Never got the big deal with "ap abuse". Not to mention the GP required for gov are 12k (and 1,2k for scrubby 1star). Surely making the 1v1 and ffa give 5 points each wouldn't destroy the server or anything like that...they can't even be spent for anything to consider it abuse...
    Since this is advertised as a pvp server making the ranking based on spamming 5fps sieges (which sooner or later will turn into fort trading, people won't even go defend it to spare time) is a pretty bad choice...hell after 3 star you'd need to do 1 siege just so you don't derank, that's over 30 minutes of annoying lagfest and bashing your face against a door for essentially nothing.

+those daily quest rewards are a joke.

Momo likes this.
  7. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

They obviously are, since GP is not meant for PVP strictly, lol

8. Grrr

It was made to counter the people doing PVE to top the PVP ranking...like dredgion n shit. But being NCdownsyndromesoft they made pve give the highest amounts of gp. Should have been backwards with sieges giving 3 points and dailies giving 100, oh well..

And they are supposed to be for PVP, can't spend them for anything, just a little tag crap infront of your name to make baddies think you're good at the game.

Momo likes this.
  9. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

Say that to the dozens of people that stopped PVPing because ranks now rely on GP instead of AP and they don't like being rank1~

10. Akikaze

Akikaze Elohim, Essaim...I implore you Forum Legend

Those are a joke, we can thank ncfail for that. Killing Hyperion (on retail) gives 50gp, that's more than a PvP quest.

However the way it is now has its ups and downs. Least no one will be getting Governor in a week from AP abusing. People used to "AP abuse" as a means to show off the Ranking title. The mindset of those (bad) players was that higher rank means skilled. Often it was never done to purchase Abyss items. We already have a bunch of people caught "abusing" for rankings on Lumiel. Lumiel has lower player count and sieges doesn't have many participants so they got creative and improvised.

11. Grrr

I don't play so say it to them for me "You are a bunch of skillless baddies for thinking that rank/ap/gp means skill, every retard can get 5star in 3 days with zerg tagging, geared ones can get it in a day, the good ones wipe their rank so morons like you won't hunt them like wild animals"
    Well, not sure about siege times but if you do all the upper abyss/danaria/katalam forts you'd get governor in ...exactly a week.

...that is if the GP decay isn't implemented yet.

Momo likes this.
  12. argenina

argenina (⊙.⊙(Berzerki)⊙.⊙)

Lol siges is the only way to get good amount of gp.

13. m2chaudh2

m2chaudh2 New Member

To be honest, I don't care about GP, you could implement something else as an incentive. I just want to be able to have some good PvP without having to go search for it.
    I'm aware of the limitations of playing on a pvt server, I was only hoping to suggest or incite a discussion based on low Pvp numbers that I've been seeing lately, especially the times I come on, after introduction of GP in the game system. You all offered GP quests, but I don't like them, even ffa battlegrounds have a terrible outcome coz I was ganged up on last time I went there alone(my guild is mostly euro).

Sometimes we suffer coz of wrong doings of a few. I wish they didn't exploit 1v1 like that. I dual account and got 5 star and other star on my various characters through hard work, and I enjoy a good fight, win or loose didn't matter. Loosing AP didn't matter.

Lets hope the AP to GP conversion comes soon so we balance out a few of these things( cautiously optimistic).

1 person likes this.
  14. vesiinabox

vesiinabox Death be chillin bitches. Forum Legend

Just play and stop bitching.

15. m2chaudh2

m2chaudh2 New Member

You have 1,959 posts, play more and stop telling people what to do on game forums, bitch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.