1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[SPOILERS] GoT Discussion

Discussion in 'Media Center' started by Dimitra, May 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImDonz

ImDonz Proficient

I wonder how many people will hide in the kitchen in the next fight,would be funny to see 20 people hiding behind bags of potatoes.

2. Grrr

Grrr Highly Damaging Member Forum Legend

I wonder how exactly did that thenn wanna eat her ginger minge tho.

Momo likes this.
  3. Momo

Momo Arrogant Member Forum Legend

That Titan-arrowshot tho, shit made me laugh so hard

4. Grrr

Best moment on the episode....

..now what if that army was actually 100k giants.

Momo and (deleted member) like this.
  5. ImDonz

ImDonz Proficient

nigga got shot to the moon, i wanna see a giant crush someones head.

6. Momo

I was watching this episode with Logan and i was actually telling him that it would look funny if those Titans shoot people with a bow and then.. wush!

I feel like that I am the only person which liked the redhead :/

7. ImDonz

ImDonz Proficient

they didnt give her enough screentime to be liked by people

8. Grrr

W-why do you never invite me to watch with you and logan? qq

Momo likes this.
  9. ImDonz

ImDonz Proficient

its a secret club,nobody else is invited.

10. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

I thought she was gonna be around for much longer since she seemed to go to all these press interviews and stuff and everyone liked her, I'm very glad that didn't happen :3

11. BeastiesDecoyAccount

BeastiesDecoyAccount Chillin likea guy who chills

Cut off their manhood, and feed it to the goats
    I was amazed at how badly they fucked the entire thing up with turning a minor battle into a huge "Helm's Deep" type deal. They get bonus fuck up points for killing off people that are still alive and play roles later on in the books.

12. Momo

[00:54:27] Moe Morgan Freeman: you here?

You were already sleeping.

13. Grrr

Oh shit... but that was 2am, my torrent site uploads that shit at 5am...and i'm sleepin. Oh well, lonely watching continues.

Momo likes this.
  14. ImDonz

ImDonz Proficient

yea,pip had much more screen time and was a better character. She was only famous cause she fucked a major character in the series.

15. Slyther

Slyther Oculus Ex Inferni Forum Legend

I know this is starting to become like the norm for me here but I cried @Ygritte scene D:

I was kind of disappointed with the episode's plot since I thought this would encompass the entirety of the battle with Mance Rayder. It makes me wonder how they're going to fit in the closures to this season with so much left to do!

2 people like this.
  16. ImDonz

ImDonz Proficient

i looked up the books and noticed that some characters dont even exist in the books and others are supposed to still be alive. I would agree with the changes if they were for the better,but they are clearly stalling the whole show for some reason. Are they waiting for the fat guy to writte more books? I honestly cant recall 5 major things that happened in this season even with the directors trying to squeeze as much as they can in the last 2-3 episodes. Some characters are being killed off for no reason while there are whole storylines being stalled. The only thing that happened with the Khaleesi storyline was Jorah being exposed as a traitor(even tho the viewers knew it already) and friendzoned harder than ever,she gets laid and theres CGI dragons.

17. Grrr

The episode DID remind me of the battle of helm's deep. Funny. So there is gonna be a second attack or did the supposed 100k wildling army shat their pants when they saw THAT BIGASS SCYTHE CLEANIN THE WALL.

Momo likes this.
  18. Lucent

Lucent Ghost in the shell of a former Drama Queen Forum Legend

Do you have negative things to say about every damn episode? OF COURSE IT WAS LIKE A HELM'S DEEP DEAL

To anyone that hasn't read the books - the situation is so dire in the books that they put up fucking training dummies on the wall to make it look like there's more people up there. They're constantly being attacked with hardly any remission, and they put more emphasis on the fact that the giant is basically breaking through their only major defense, their weak spot (much like Helm's Deep, and this is IN THE BOOKS). It wasn't just "the giant is coming at us, let's recite our vows, then cut back to us later when we're dead", it legitimately explained these guys fighting to their deaths, being crushed in the palms of this giant while they keep attacking it to no avail. There is no part about the book version that ISN'T like Helm's Deep. I can agree with some of your disputes against the show Nick, but this time you truly went full fucking retard.

There are definitely a few changes from the books but i don't think they've all been bad changes. Pip's death was probably one of the most unnecessary ones, but I guess they wanted that feeling of loss of hope in the episode, or something. Talisa (Robb's wife) was another death that didn't happen in the books but it on the other hand was probably completely necessary. In the books, after Robb dies she's nothing but a sobbing wreck, she has nothing to contribute to the story, her mother basically comes back and controls her every decision and takes her back to their home so they can get out of the affairs of westeros. I think it was a much better and more powerful ending for her to have died when and where she did.

As for the other stuff - where season 1 covered book 1, season 2 covered book 2, season 3 only covered half of season 3 due to the severity of the events. This season is covering the other half of 3, and some of 4/5. If you don't know already, books 4/5 have the same timeline, but George had so much stuff he wanted to cover that he split it into 2 books, one which covers half the characters, and the other book covers the rest of the characters.

Now, with that being said, book 4 is an extremely boring book in comparison to 3. Book 3 has tons of action, drama, lots of twists and turns. It is the Storm of Swords. Book 4 is just the lull after the storm where everything slows down.

The point that I'm getting to is for some reason the show got ahead of themselves, some parts of the show are in book 3 timeline, and others are in 4/5 timeline so some timelines are no doubt going to get filler, some might even disappear for a while for new characters to come fill their spot. It's very odd how far the timeline is mixed (Sansa's story is basically over, and Dany's is close, while Arya, Tyrion, etc. have TONS of story left to go)

Anyway, I knew the episode on the wall wasn't going to be the greatest thing ever, it isn't in the books and I don't know why people hyped it up so much (though I guess the general expectation is that episode 9 is supposed to be amazing), but it isn't over, it has some good stuff yet to go.

1 person likes this.
  19. Frix

Frix 고독한 Forum Legend

no ... no no ... Ygritte no ... ;(

Yeah cuz you want Jon Snow D! And she was first so you're just jelly!

That's gay ... I cried too ... but shhhh.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  20. Lucent

Lucent Ghost in the shell of a former Drama Queen Forum Legend

I petition that the like system be removed.

In its place we should instead have Olly Nods. Giving an Olly Nod will automatically add one complimentary .gif at the bottom of the post.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.