1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[SPOILERS] GoT Discussion

Discussion in 'Media Center' started by Dimitra, May 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nuttela

Nuttela RetiredFromAion

the hount dies in the book, so does the mountain

2. Slyther

Slyther Oculus Ex Inferni Forum Legend

This just hit me...what if the unnecessary deaths that are happening everywhere are actually just a way for those actors to be able to leave the show and terminate their contracts? Maybe they didn't want to keep being part of the GoT crew, and the Daario Naharis recast thing wasn't really an acceptable option for GoT producers?

And yeah, I wasn't expecting that creepy-as-fuck girl in there, she looks like she hasn't had anything to eat in the past few millennia...She actually reminds me of the girl that appeared in the first episode, very first scene. I'd like Leaf, pls. AND Coldhands >:[ AAANDD Beric Dondarrion's Successor (that last one really pissed me off by the time I realized it wasn't happening)....

3. Nuttela

Nuttela RetiredFromAion

but she was born before the first men... :sad:

4. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

Omg when we watched the episode my friend told me that's how the book ended and that cracked me up..

BUT OMG! THE DRAGON SCENE MADE ME SO SAD, THOSE SCREAMS WERE DEVASTATING Q.Q

And I would also like to say that I'm very disappointed in how the season ended.. I was expecting something really awesome with my queen Dany again, but all we saw was the boring girl pretending to be Jack Sparrow >.>

5. ImDonz

ImDonz Proficient

SPOILER ALERT

Oberyn dies.

6. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

SPOILER!

Ned Stark dies

7. BeastiesDecoyAccount

BeastiesDecoyAccount Chillin likea guy who chills

Cut off their manhood, and feed it to the goats
    Actually I was kind of sad face at the end because Jaime didn't reveal to Tyrion that Tysha, the girl that he married and that Tywin ordered his men to do bad things to actually really did love him and wasn't a whore. This may not seem like a big deal but it has a pretty big effect on Tyrion, and he even considers killing Jaime at some point later on. Or at least likes him a lot less.

1 person likes this.
  8. Slyther

I think this also has to do with how they probably plan on cutting the series short. Chances are since the whole Jaime & Tyrion thing would be unresolved in the books by the time season 7 came, they would rather not include it at all.

9. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

My friend told me that too, when Jaime and Tyrion kissed before Tyrion left she goes NOOOOO THAT'S BAD WHY DIDN'T THEY INCLUDE THAT? And when the episode ended she was like all sad and explained what Jaime had told him and that they were supposed to put it in there cause it's like one of the main reasons behind what Tyrion did..

10. Selik

Selik Hero of Justice. Forum Legend

11. Slyther

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
    3 people like this.
  12. Selik

Selik Hero of Justice. Forum Legend

I'll touch you way deeper than I should have.

Wait...

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
    4 people like this.
  13. ImDonz

ImDonz Proficient

After a year long wait thats all we GoT(ba dum tss*).Dont know about you but i feel like i got fucked without someone buying me dinner first.

Good thing were gonna have to wait another year for the next episode.

1 person likes this.
  14. lafitness88

lafitness88 I LOL at hackers

I feel like I got fucked without using lube.... Wait what?!?> LOL Dammit I going to read the box for a fix I do definitely feel we got jipped for sure... HBO really should consider 13 episodes plenty of content...

What everyone think? This is the first year I been disappointed with HBO in terms of GoT- we all know if I generalize HBO truebies(like myself) and other show will flood this thread

15. Slyther

Yeah, actually. I must admit I'm not satisfied with this season. I'm starting to think it would be a better idea to wait till season 7 to watch it all, but that's impossible with the internet lmao

1 person likes this.
  16. lafitness88

yah sadly =( unless you have direct access to HBogo they store all seasons

17. Lucent

Lucent Ghost in the shell of a former Drama Queen Forum Legend

I can understand why you guys may not like this season in comparison to others but personally I loved it.

One big thing is that they kinda exhausted the extent of Dany's book 3 escapades pretty quickly in Season 3 and the remaining bits went by too quickly in Season 4. Considering shes one of the characters that has reliably the most "oh shit" scenes up until book 5 (which on the other hand mostly consists of her sitting on her ass, minor city political drama, etc) she makes a very good TV character and thus exhausting those scenes left her with less interesting things this season. That's the way of the books though, we can't have her dragons killing everything in Westeros just yet.

The Bran story was probably the most disappointing part of this season, but overall it wasn't horrible, it ended at a good stopping point for Bran.

Other than that, there were some really good things about the season that I think made it definitely comparable to past seasons.
    1) At least in the first few episodes, Dany's "breaker of chains" scenes and taking over the city felt quite good
    2) NIGHT'S KING, did we forget about this?! That was an amazing reveal
    3) Joffrey's death was executed perfectly, and now we don't have to see that brat anymore (sure, he added to the drama but god, just get him off the screen)
    4) One of my favorite parts of the books, The Mountain vs. The Red Viper. Most people found it too gruesome but I thought it was very entertaining and done about as close to the books as one could ask.
    5) Littlefinger's slow ascension, and Sansa's transformation from an innocent girl desperately praying for someone to save her to a strong, independent young woman intent on being a part of Westeros politics
    6) The wall was done well, and STANNIS THE MANNIS has finally made his move
    7) the adventures of Arya and the Hound, which I loved (*glares at Dimi*), and now Arya is off to Braavos which I've been desperately waiting for
    8) Tyrion did what he did

etc. etc.

Everyone at some point says Season (X) is too slow or something, a lot of people hated Season 2 when it first came out because they felt it was slow, until The Blackwater, and until Dany went to Astapor (wait, was that at the end of Season 2? I forgot if that was the cliffhanger or not) and then suddenly everyone was like OMG OMG AMAZING!!. Well the fact is there's going to be slow filler episodes, and exciting episodes, and I can admit there was lots of filler this season because they're changing things around to adjust for the time limit HBO has so stupidly set for them, but all in all it had a lot of great scenes throughout the season, in fact they were more balanced out than most seasons, so I think it was great. Maybe its just that there wasn't an amazing Dany ending which seems to make people shit themselves, but I thought the Arya ending was quite fitting instead.

1 person likes this.
  18. lafitness88

If I have to pick with you favorites along with mine and with the book red viper and mountain felt like what HBO did it right. See you made the point also lucent which is why I think most of us is disappointed just this season. Why you have fillers when your time is limited? I cried on dany ending poor viserion and rhaegal =( got punished for what Drogon did... I know I know dany just taking precautions but still was sad to me LOL - I love dragons dammit! I do agree finally Arya going to her adventure on her own. But main thing about this season that is disappointment is not the great scenes you pointed out. It is the dramatics and execution - I had to rewind on joffrey's death because it was that subtle and almost unnoticeable. Also back to the point you made also why put filler episodes on a 10 episode series? to rest our eyes/mind on a yearly show? Will I still look forward on for next year absolutely. I even watch the show from season one to current season it was better. However still notice this season's delivery was lacking for me at least =)

omg when i saw mountain vs red viper, I was like wait a minute red viper wins he is hot but still, then I was like whoa there it is LOL!

19. Slyther

nah I was simply expecting Stoneheart, that basically ruined it for me... doesn't matter that she doesn't do much in the books, the cliffhanger would've been perfect lol

I'm not exactly all excited for the next season, with 10 episodes per season, a week's wait per episode, 1 week no episode because of memorial week, and 1 year for another season, rinse and repeat......then knowing they only plan on making 7 seasons and they're moving quite slowly even with that in mind..... I'm not compelled to like Game of Thrones as much as I did when this season started.

EDIT: on that note, did anyone else notice the critical reception on each episode were complete BS? the good episodes got low critics ratings while the boring ones (IMO) got the higher critics ratings. I honestly wasn't expecting a 100/100 rating on episode 7 or 10, for example, but I was expecting the episode with Tyrion's trial to get a much higher rating.

[​IMG]

1. Two Swords
    2. The Lion and The Rose
    3. Breaker of Chains
    4. Oathkeeper
    5. First of his Name
    6. The Laws of Gods and Men
    7. Mockinbird
    8. The Mountain and The Viper
    9. The Watchers on The Wall
    10. The Children

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  20. lafitness88

I almost feel like do a GoT binge just watch it all together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.