1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Because you once again closed down the thread for the facebook contest 5 hours early.

Discussion in 'Media Center' started by BeastiesDecoyAccount, Jun 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeastiesDecoyAccount

BeastiesDecoyAccount Chillin likea guy who chills

Cut off their manhood, and feed it to the goats
    I am making this one for my entries, that meet the requirements and perfectly convey the theme of "Summer". As you can see in the first pic everyone is relaxing at the beach and doing summer things, such as tanning, playing in the water, surfing, or just hanging out and relaxing on that cool ship thingy. And in the second one the other faction has invaded and thus there is a fierce summer battle.

Character Name : EitsaebTrololo

Server Siel

Entries:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Homicide

Homicide Predatory Templario! Forum Legend

Poor beastie... is that racism

3. BeastiesDecoyAccount

Is what racism? In what way is there any racism here? This is just my entry for the facebook contest. If you can't take this seriously then maybe you shouldn't post here.

4. Potato

Potato Banned

too much black i guess.

- - - Updated - - -

too much black i guess.

5. BeastiesDecoyAccount

The blue with the red eyes are asmos, the black is elyos. I picked black because that's the default color of the marker tool in Paint. Any resemblance to real life black people is coincidental and unintentional. If you want a "lore reason" as to the black, then it's because some of them are wearing armor painted black because they recently did a night attack and didn't have time to repaint their armor, and others were in the sun too long and get really really really bad sunburn.

So there you go, now you can all rest easy knowing that my masterpiece pics are free of racism.

6. Ayaria

Ayaria α ℓ ι ν є ❤ Forum Legend

Sad that you didn't use different pictures, which would separate both of your entries. Now both look pretty the same~ Sad. I saw sooo much potential in you.

*facepalm*

7. Grrr

Grrr Highly Damaging Member Forum Legend

Summer lightning bolt...brilliant.

8. BeastiesDecoyAccount

I used the same pictures to as a way tell an incredible story. In the first picture the Elyos are hanging out at a beach area, enjoying the summer. They're sunbathing, building sand castles, swimming, sufing, or just chilling. The asmo is an emissary trying to work out a peace agreement for the summer so that both factions can enjoy the beach. Everyone is excited that it's summer and they are having a good time.

But then some Asmos are attacking the Elyos. And now what was supposed to be a fun and relaxing day at the beach has suddenly turned into a vicious battle for survival! The low level Elyos have fled to call for help while the higher ones remained behind to engage the Asmodian invaders. The fighting is harsh and brutal with quarters asked for or given! WHO WILL WIN!?

It's sad that you couldn't pick up on this like other people have been able to Gabbers, which would have been a good display of your skill as an art critic. Now you have shown that you may not have what it takes to appreciate fine art and understand the vision that the artists are conveying with little more than some ink and canvas.~ Sad. I saw sooo much potential in you.

*facepalm*

9. Deathangel

Deathangel True Chill Forum Legend

All this is brilliant.

This futuristic work shows us a peaceful moment which suddenly turns into an horrifying experience.
    The artist wants to transmit us the idea that everything is ephemeral, nothing is eternal, clearly taking inspiration from Marcel Proust's "À la recherche du temps perdu", in which the author seeks of the time he has lost, stolen by the unpleasant events of the present.

This concept, typical of the expressionism, is stressed by the blue figure of the enemy in the first work. We can see, on the left side of the picture, a blue character which undoubtedly represents the figure of the "enemy within us".
    The interpretations to this are two: the artist is either giving us a message of peace, which shows how two different races can co-exist, or a message of restlessness, showing an apparently peaceful world where the evil is always present.
    The fast and nervous lines which characterize the style of the characters in the picture are another reference to the ephimeral structure of life.
    Beastie chooses to adopt stick-figures as progatonists, once again to stress out the semplicity of men, who's barely visible compared to the background, which represents the allmighty power of nature.

The idea of using cartoon-like dialogues on a classical and natural background is a clear reference to James Joyce's Mythical Method, which is used to make a comparison by contrasts between the modern age (dialog baloons) and the values of the classical era (background).

On top of this, the symbolical meaning of the word "summer" is evident in both works.
    The concept of using the same word in two completely contrasting situations is another way to stress the restlessness of men, set in a wold in which every word may have a positive and a negative meaning.
    Nothing is good, nor evil, everything is relative. The word summer is, in fact, used as positive exclamation refering to a moment of peace and relax but at the same time, in the second picture, it is used as an adjective to words refering to violence and death.
    This double vision of the same concept is typical of the modern age, inspired by the discovery of Einstein's "Theory of relativity".

We are pleased to have such a good artist in our community and we are sorry that you didn't have the chance to post your entry in our facebook cover contest.
    But you have to realize, your masterpiece is superior to every other entry in our contest, letting you join an amateur contest would have been an insult to your amazing skills.

As Oscar Wilde said, "Art is useless", it has only a value in itself. So lets enjoy your work as a piece of art, and not as an instrument to win a silly contest.

Again, my congratulations for these splendid pictures.

6 people like this.
  10. Zephroine

Zephroine ~The Sleeping Giant~

AWESOME~!!

I think this is the new cover for Dead Island 3 :ninja:

11. Nuttela

Nuttela RetiredFromAion

what can i say, art in our days..

12. Ddraig

Ddraig Steel of Destiny

13. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

Ah, and I thought Ddraig was competition..
    Damn you Nick >.>

14. Ddraig

Ddraig Steel of Destiny

I honestly feel diminished by his work.

15. Illusions

Illusions ß̫͒̃ڻᶇٴᶇٴŷ̪ Ķ̫͌ńĭģĥŧ̝̜᷈ Forum Legend

This thread is a prime example why our generation is doomed.

Shouldn't even be in Media section to be honest.

16. striider

striider MasterRanger

me too this is my
    entry:
    uploadfromtaptalk1404141914716.jpg
    but MikakoKitajima delete my post
    :'( ╥﹏╥ :'(

17. BeastiesDecoyAccount

At last! Someone with taste who understands my work and the messages that I am trying to convey to you all! With that brilliant assessment, I have no idea why you are wasting your time HAMing around here. You need to get out there into the World of Fine Art and show everyone your fine tastes and reviews!

Don't feel bad guys. You both worked very hard on your entries and they are all great. You should feel proud of what you have accomplished and take comfort in knowing that win or lose, everyone did their best.

Initially I thought our generation might be doomed because up until deathy posted, few people really understand my work. Now that other people are starting to understand my viewpoints and all that I am trying to accomplish with my art, I am regaining hope in this generation. Please don't give up hope.

I understand your opinion of why this shouldn't be in media and should be in Serious Discussion instead as these are serious viewpoints expressed with serious artwork, but it is still art, and thus falls into the guidelines of the media section. I appreciate your thoughts and encouragement and I will personally send you an autographed copy of each of my copies as a Thank You for your support.

That entry is incredible. You perfectly captured the essence of the theme of summer with a talent few people can even come close to match. At this point I am having serious doubts about Gabber's ability to run these events and critique the fine art as she has shown that can not grasp the symbolism and messages we artists are attempting to convey using ink and canvas as our mediums.

1 person likes this.
  18. Ddraig

Ddraig Steel of Destiny

19. Lucent

Lucent Ghost in the shell of a former Drama Queen Forum Legend

Such low fps, it might as well be an xbox game clip

20. Ddraig

Ddraig Steel of Destiny

Did you enjoy it?
    I did.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status: