1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

To prevent hacking and scammers..

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jomer, Oct 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jomer

jomer Getting there

For sometime now, I have been playing in retail server for aion(AionNA). They have an in-game password interface. So just incase a gullible player write his password on an keyloger website. They cant not still get in the game with his toons. I would also sudgest that thier would be no more VIP status for any account to enable them to trade items, instead they need to buy from item shop some trade scrolls.. Pls think about this sudgestion. The server will benifit the most of this.

Giullia and Rubyah like this.
  2. jomer

jomer Getting there

Also AionNA website will log my ip address and when i log in on different ip address they will confirm first thru my email address before letting me logging in.

3. Rubyah

Rubyah The Celestial Nostrum

Hoping this to be realized sooner on this server.........

4. Deathangel

Deathangel True Chill Forum Legend

Character PINs were introduced several years ago and caused more issues than solutions, hence they have been disabled.

Players are simply forgetful, as you can see from the huge amounts of threads concerning password/email loss.
    Back then, AionMasters were constantly spammed by alt accounts and friends trying to get into their accounts, while forums were literally flooded with PIN reset requests. Also, creating an easy and automated system to reset PINs destroys the purpose of this feature, while making it more complicated leads to further headaches with foregin players being unable to access their characters.

Most "hacking" cases are origined by account sharing. Players giving their informations to friends that end up stealing their items or the whole account.
    If a player is going to share account informations with someone, then he's obviously going to share the PIN aswell.
    Net cafes installing keyloggers to get on your ID/Password can just as easily screencap you entering a PIN, the same is true for people lurking around waiting to look at your screen while you log in.

We understand your concern, although we do not belive character PINs are an effective way to prevent scamming.
    Closing this.

Neen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.