1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Game of Thrones: Season 5 Megathread

Discussion in 'Media Center' started by Lucent, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Lautaro

Lautaro Gamez Co-Founder Forum Legend

for the watch ...................

cry.jpg

Rome likes this.
  2. Slyther

Slyther Oculus Ex Inferni Forum Legend

R+L=J

All I'm saying.

3. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

We all know that he's not gonna stay dead.. Cmon guys! Melisandre comes to Castle Black right before that happens!

4. Destiny

Destiny ✮The Hoarder✮

So many cliffhangers, and so many months till next episode D:

5. Frix

Frix 고독한 Forum Legend

That zombie tho. Very stronk.

6. Rome

Rome ソロモン・ヨアズ・アブラハム Forum Legend

I can't... I can't deny that I shed tears... I mean why would they let Cersei live while John dies?

7. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

?? I cried BECAUSE OF Cersei.. I felt sorry for her and her beautiful hair :(

8. BeastiesDecoyAccount

BeastiesDecoyAccount Chillin likea guy who chills

Cut off their manhood, and feed it to the goats
    I'm crying at how badly theyve gone and fucked up the show.

Well maybe there's a chance that in 20 or 30 years someone will try again and actually do it properly this time.

9. Grrr

Grrr Highly Damaging Member Forum Legend

Because he doesn't.
    ..and her saggy tits, jesus that scenes was the most horrifying thing in the entire show. SHAME indeed.
    ikr, greyjoy arc thrown out the window, stannis ruined, whatshisname Targaryen cut out... They basically ran through everything in the books, can't even spoil stuff anymore since the only thing there is in common are the names...

10. Rome

He doesn't? Come on spoil some book material would ya?

White walker mode doesn't count.

11. Grrr

This is how the books end as well, but melisandre wouldn't have went to castle black just to chill and be hated by davos, we all know she has res stones under that skirt. That's what i was saying, they cut out so much shit, that atm season 5's ending is the same as the books. Tyrion part had enough material to have him traveling to daeneris even in season 7. Except they cut out everything there. There was also a lot of shit going on at winterfell before stannis even arrived, Sansa ain't even supposed to be there. King's landing is going pretty accurate to the books tho, cut out some unnecessary gossip between cersei and marjery.

Rome likes this.
  12. Rome

Now this is intriguing, I will buy the books and start reading them tho.

13. Lucent

Lucent Ghost in the shell of a former Drama Queen Forum Legend

I read a good comment on reddit that basically explained that while there are a lot of deaths in the series in general, GRRM always does it in a way that generally makes sense. Like, the red wedding was terrible, but you can understand that Robb fucked himself by doing what he did. On the other hand, the TV show just kills people for the fun of it, it seems.

I've put up with most of the book -> TV changes so far, but the past few episodes have just upset me. Half of the show is following the books perfectly, and the other half is D&D going off killing whoever they can, because hey why not? Stannis's army losing might make sense in the books (when we get winds of winter, ever), but the way he just lost everything he had in one episode without really any explanation other than making a stupid decision which he had resisted for several books, it's sickening.

Rome likes this.
  14. Grrr

They were cold, ok?

15. Frix

Frix 고독한 Forum Legend

He had too many vegans in his army, almost half of it. They didn't like that fun barbecue he made.

Lucent likes this.
  16. BeastiesDecoyAccount

BeastiesDecoyAccount Chillin likea guy who chills

Cut off their manhood, and feed it to the goats
    That's the problem with the show, and the games, and the rest of the "expanded universe" that GRRM has little part in. Such as the RPG that came out a few years ago in which every ending was basically a "your character has a terrible ending and terrible life because fuck you" ending. Or the new tell tale games series in which one of the main characters gets stabbed and killed by Ramsay regardless of yoru decisions because "This is Game of Thrones and that's how it is"

NO! NO! NO! THAT IS NOT HOW IT IS! GRRM even says so himself. A lot of people die horribly yes, but it's because of major fuckups they did on their part.

Ned Stark - went to King's Landing when he should have just told Robert "I appreciate the offer and love you like a brother and all that but my people need me up here. I'd be horrible at the politics and winter is coming."

And then when everyone told him not to trust anyone especially not Littlefinger, hell even Littlefinger told Ned to his face "Dude, we're all lying bastards and I'm the biggest liar of all so trust me the least" NED GOES AND TRUSTS LITTLEFINGER!

Ned was a dumbass and got killed because he trusted the biggest lying sneaking backstabber who told him straight up that he was a lying sneaking backstabber and that NO ONE should be trusted. Oh and Littlefinger also was deeply in love with Cat.

Robb- was a dumbass, broke his marriage agreement, and then trusted Walder and let his guard down.

Oberyn- he had that fight in the fucking bag and instead of keeping his distance from the Mountain and just poking him with his spear, he got right in his face and thus his skull was smashed in by someone over twice his size.

Not to mention how the show people are just basically making the characters not even follow remotely close to their book lines and instead do random shit.

Book Jaime- travels north to get the rest of the lords sworn to Robb to surrender peacefully and end the war while looking for Arya and Sansa

Show Jaime - putzes around Dorne because reasons

Iron Islanders - Book - awesome kingsmoot with badass characters such as Euron and Victarion

Iron Islanders Show - SirNotAppearinginThisSeries

And so on and so on.

A few changes from the books and cut characters is one thing as it's impossible to get a 100% perfect adaptation but there's making changes to streamline the plot and maintain the budget and then there's just going balls to the wall flat out all over the place and just killing off everyone at random just making everyone else do random things all over the place with no guidelines at all.

At this point this show isn't even an adaptation anymore and instead is just a fancy fanfiction.

Hopefully in 20 or 30 years someone else will try this again and this time to do it properly.

End rant.

Oh and I'm also actually writing an article for Cracked about this so be on the lookout for that if I ever get it finished and the editors approve it.

17. Frix

Frix 고독한 Forum Legend

Who cares if it's not following books in 100%. I enjoy the show and that's all what matters.
    Even tho the show is an adaptation of A Song of Ice and Fire books it doesn't mean it's going to show EVERYTHING what's in the books or that they won't change it to make it better for the viewer.
    I don't really know why ppl are bitching so much about it.

Jessica likes this.
  18. Lucent

Lucent Ghost in the shell of a former Drama Queen Forum Legend

That's exactly how I felt up until this season. The books are the books and the show is the show and it won't be perfect, all you can really do is enjoy each for what they are. Unfortunately though, GRRM has the ability to write a story where people actually die and its enjoyable to read. He's basically writing a fantasy version of real life. People make mistakes, whole armies are lost because of politics and one person's fuckup.

My problem with the show is that it's no longer changes to the story to better fit TV (I'd guess the iron islands stuff wouldn't have worked so well, and I'm okay with that), but instead a fundamental change of how things happen in the story. The show writers seem to have picked up on ASOIAF thinking "WOW PEOPLE ACTUALLY DIE" and thought it was revolutionary. Now they have a bloodlust. They seem to want to kill off characters and give the bad guys everything when that isn't how it works. Ramsay should not have so much plot armor. Neither Ramsay nor Roose should have an army so large that they can wipe the ground clean of Stannis's army, even if stannis had deserters. Stannis is known for being a master tactitian, and the Bolton's are known for having enemies in the north for what they did. They don't suddenly have an army to conquer westeros with, but the show writers had to make Stannis lose everything so now they do :^)

People in the books have consequences for their actions. If you've read the books, meat pie. If not, don't Google that.

The show SHOULD be different. If it wasn't it would be really hard to follow in some spots with only visual context. But the show shouldn't diverge from what is realistically possible and makes sense given the choices of the characters.
    It isn't A Song of Bad Guys Winning, it's A Game of Bad Decisions. Which speaking of which, Danaerys, arguably the strongest plot armored character, has come into some hardships lately for her bad decisions. See how that works? Show writers will probably have Ramsay flay her though, because BAD GUYS