1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[GamezAION] 4.8 PVP Zone Selection Thread

Discussion in 'GamezAION General Discussion' started by Luff, Jul 21, 2015.

?

What is your choice area for Open-world PVP?

1. Inggison

8.8%
  2. Gelkmaros

4.4%
  3. Levinshor

30.8%
  4. Kaldor

7.7%
  5. Other, specify in your post.

1.1%
  6. Reshanta (Added)

3.3%
  7. Heiron (added)

22.0%
  8. MIXFIGHT (Added)

3.3%
  9. Cygnea & Enshar [New 4.8 Maps]

18.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luff

Luff - ᴛʜᴇ ғɪᴢᴢ - Staff Member Trainee

Okay, it has been long coming and should be discussed with details, added suggestions and input from other earnest and concerned players of the GamezAION community.

Now to the meat of the matter. Currently, thanks to NcSoft, the maps available for PVP has been ridiculously reduced and forced upon us, and for us in Gamez, we have to make a unified decision as to which map we will use for major open-world PVP. There is a poll attached to this so you all can take a vote, as well as make suggestion in accordance to your vote or make a different suggestion if you so feel inclined.

Maps available for decent open world PVP:
    • Inggison
    • Gelkmaros
    • Levinshor
    • Kaldor (New, but not really, as its purely meant for sieges due to the hardest fort siege being there)

I didn't list the other new maps such as Cygnea and Enshar here because I have taken time to explore those maps, and there are too many gates and too many guards to even consider pvping there lol. It would be Asmos vs Deitys + guards and vice versa, so that completely defeats the purpose.

Nevertheless, my suggestion is to have portals like was done with Tiamaranta's Eye which was placed in Sanctum/Pandaemonium in the past which made getting access to these places a bit easier. A portal or a teleport statue could be used which could take players to the starting zones. I've noticed after PVPing in Levinshor and Iggnison the past few days that a chosen are was picked quickly and bind points used, which is fine, but for places like Levinshor, it would be a tad more tedious as the elyos and asmodians are really far apart and the only way to get close is for elyos to fly across at the north and then run down to the middle of the map for pvp. Anyways, everyone can make their own suggestions.

Post pics and so forth to support your ideas ( I will post some later on today ). As for kaldor, I see it being an easier choice as bind (Entry points) for Elyos is south, and for asmodians is north, the map is tight, not too small and easy to learn and alot of fun.

Make your votes boys and girls :)

Takuro and Marz like this.
  2. Destiny

Destiny ✮The Hoarder✮

Reshanta. :)

Kyungmi, Wangfei, europeelyos and 3 others like this.
  3. Frix

Frix 고독한 Forum Legend

Heiron. c:

Robina, Aniline, Wangfei and 5 others like this.
  4. Luff

Fair enough. Let me add those to the Poll :)

Would be nice if you guys say why you chose those places tho so the community can see the sense in making there the pvp zone :D !

5. Myd

Myd Getting there

Heiron Beluslan

Robina and Roxycontin like this.
  6. Saruayu

Saruayu - Forum Legend

It is indeed a fact that Katalam got removed along with Danaria (the maps where the most "PVP" was, thanks to sieges & 2 obelisks nearby in the first map mentioned), Tiamaranta & Sarpan (last two did not even have PVP). But I do not see what you are complaining about. All of your suggestions now were maps pre 4.8 which could have been used then as well, but were not.

Making a poll about it won't change things (referring to the countless threads about stigma system). Yes, people will vote for their preferered map, but will they actually move there? Nope, I'm afraid not. The best you can do yourself is log on an ely AND asmo char, shout on LFG & link a location of one of the maps you mentioned saying there are asmodians/elyos. People might actually go check it out then. (btw, it's something a lot of people have tried already, but maybe you have more luck)

Anyway, I'd totally use the new maps Cygnea/Enshar for PVP ! I would love to use the rift system & kisks again. But then again, who's actually gonna move there & stop being afk in Sanctum waiting for BG's?
    The whole problem is the fact how BG's are set up and are spawned in Sanctum/Panda imo. If they would not be & you could only sign up with a survey, people would not be standing there all day but actually move. Also people got everything they need in Sanctum/Panda (talking about npc's there; augmenting, conditioning, wh manager, manastone remover, weapon fuser, etc). If those would be spawned in new maps such as Cygnea/Enshar people also would be more willing to move there.

And a unified decision here on Gamez? I'm not sure why you expect that, but that's never gonna happen, I assure you.

Oyasumi, Wangfei, Pawn and 3 others like this.
  7. Kessie

Kessie alis volat propriis Forum Legend

Dear Heiron, I miss you so.

Roxycontin likes this.
  8. Jessica

Jessica Banned Forum Legend

Those all exist maybe except weapon fuser, also running around cygnea/enshar I noticed that every camp has some npcs like augment, condition even warehouse and general goods and food. The problem is they don't have function tag in their names. Or is it really like that in official? I actually don't know.

9. Stark

Stark ᴘ ʀ ɪ ᴍ ᴇ ʀ ᴀ Forum Legend

Gelkmaros and Ingisson are both way too old now not to mention it causes most people FPS lags and is very prone to sendlog. Levinshor is too big for the current amount of players Siel has. Kaldor is OK I suppose. Just like you said, it's not too small and not too big either, it's just the right size. Heiron and Beluslan are even older maps and are both too big as well. Reshanta is just not gonna work in my opinion since most people don't really like flight PvP at all.

You should add Mixfight to the option. It has no guards, no FPS lag, you don't lose your consumables upon your death, you spawn with max HP and MP to quickly be able to get back into action. It's not about who's race has more people but rather who's group have better team work. I really don't understand why people won't go on them more often rather than the boring ping pong zerging. It has so much pros and too less cons compared to any other type of PvP in the game.

TL;DR Kaldor for open world PvP or Mixfight. In my honest opinion the rest shouldn't even be considered but hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Pawn, Rhamiel, Gilldartz and 3 others like this.
  10. Luff

Well thanks for the negativity, you surely spewed alot of it.

This thread isn't to FORCE a change legitimately, or with a complaining factor attached to it. Its mainly aimed to see what the community thinks and get somewhat of a feed back from what they think. I fail to see why you have reason to believe this is a complaining thread when it's not lol. Everyone have their own opinion and that is all this thread is giving them a chance to say so on the forums as its here for the community to utilize it for things exactly like this.

As for the whole BG thing, I can see why YOU are complaining about that and I have spoken to a staff about it and it was shared just as you are sharing now that it does cripple open-world pvp and I was reassured that it will be helped by some decision being made in the future and so forth (I have no knowledge of what that decision is)

However I did say above that a portal could be placed where they ALL can see it and easily click it, and a simple announcement could be used to guide people to this so everyone dont have to ask per-person where is the pvp, etc. Again, this is a suggestion/feedback thread, everyone can make a suggestion, not criticize the tread or attack it as some complaint when it is not.

garlandzz likes this.
  11. Atayris

Atayris Proficient

ingision >.>

12. Witch

Witch Scarlet Witch

Mix and FFA are the best PVP maps yet the lease popular sadly. I really hope people start going to those maps more. Less lag, less zergs but it seems people just prefer to have zerging ping-pong PVP. It would also be nice having some new maps added into MIX fight such as pand/sanctum to encourage people to go mix or even some type of reward. Heiron and Belusan are fun but they're constantly empty and the only way to actually get PVP is by locating your self which sometimes doesn't even work and why should you have to spend 20-30 mins locating your self to get PVP?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
    Luff likes this.
  13. Saruayu

Saruayu - Forum Legend

Well I summed up a few, but you could spawn legion founding, appearance modifier too. In general each thing a player needs which is not there yet around the camps, better would even be if it's all near the obelisk they can bind at; Aegis Headquarters Cygnea for elyos & Dragonrest Temple Enshar for asmodians.
    & Yes on retail the npc's have function tags in their names.

There is not a bit negativity in my post. I was just stating my opinion about it and even giving a suggestion just like you did.
    @the complaining thread part, let me quote once again.
    Would be nice to see Cygnea/Enshard added to your poll as well.

Mix & FFA lost popularity 'cause the maps have been the same for more than a year. They should include a lot more new maps of instances. Take Abyssal Splinter, Aetherogenetics Lab, Kromede's Trial, Kysis Chamber, Alquimia Research Center for example.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
    Witch likes this.
  14. Witch

Witch Scarlet Witch

Agreed. Even Pand/Sanctum would be great FFA/MIX maps. The person who installed/created BG's got demoted so I'm not sure if it's possible to add new maps but I hope admin consider it.

Luff and Saruayu like this.
  15. Luff

I was just a bit concerned about the space there in those two places vs the gates and diety guarding said gates. Looked really compact, but there are open enough areas just far and kinda spread out. I might be wrong I didnt go too too deep in details exploring each sides, I just did a general sweep.

16. Razor

Razor Master of Disguise Forum Legend

That would be some russian dev working for another private server; maps should be easy to change nonetheless.

Frix and Witch like this.
  17. CyberpunkPie

CyberpunkPie New Member

I wish Sanctum and Panda could be PvP zones, like some sorta invasion. The invading party would start at the teleporter and then work their way up to kill the enemy commander in the capitol building. Imagine just messing around in front of Vifrost Bridge in Panda when all of a sudden, Elyos would invade and you would quickly have to organise defenses and counterattack. I wish this was possible.

Aionizer, Luff and Witch like this.
  18. 2High4This

2High4This New Member

gelkmaros and inggisson,would be nice like 5 years ago.

jeraa01 likes this.
  19. Marz

Marz Expert

Nobody mentioned tia eye, and that's one of the best maps to PvP.

20. Luff

Totally suggested this a while back, well more of an idea really , it would be like super awesome haha, and funny too LOL :D

Uhm... Marz, Tia eye is dead__________flatline zero, not in the game anymore, and I know you know this too lol. So no way it can be a suggestion Dx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.