1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

For those with the 2.0 update.

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Adieu, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

You'll notice that after updating to 2.0 and trying to play on Gamez, that your game will look something like this.

[​IMG]

Which makes the game unplayable. First I'd recommend everyone Turn off automatic updates in your NCSoft launcher so this doesn't happen to you.. just open your NCSoft launcher, click the 'File' option on the top left, then go into your settings. A window will open up, click the tab 'Auto Update' (To those who didn't get the update to 2.0, but are just disabling auto update, be sure to check that it's not already downloading the update, just pause it if it is.)

[​IMG]

For now I don't know of a way to just downgrade your client from 2.0 to 1.9, so with this guide you're gonna have to start from scratch. First, completely uninstall Aion from your computer. If you wish to save your chatlog or screenshots so they don't get deleted, go into your aion directory and move them elsewhere. Also, delete your gamez launcher so when you reinstall it you'll avoid confusion.

[​IMG]

Now, you're going to have to re-download the Aion 1.9 client.. there are a few options here for that, and NCSoft directs you to this page as well, so its contents are safe.

http://www.gamershell.com/download_59678.shtml

I'd recommend getting the torrent version, as downloading files over 8gigs through the explorer could possible corrupt the file.

Once you've downloaded the file (12gb, its quite large and may take some time) you'll want to open it using winrar or whichever program of your choice, and extract it's contents.. doesn't matter where. The file you're extracting should look like this:

[​IMG]

Once you've extracted it, go into the folder and run the setup.exe.. it'll ask you where you wish to place your Aion files, do the terms and conditions and everything a normal download would feel like.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Once the download finishes, uncheck both boxes at the end of the installation(Launch Aion) or NCSoft Launcher will load up. If it does load up don't worry, just pause the updates download and close the NCSoft launcher.

[​IMG]

Now just reapply the gamez launcher, items.pak and flight fix.

Also, if you run into issues later where you need to repair your Aion client, the setup.exe can also repair your game.. do not use the NCSoft launcher!

EDIT: Another method, but lacks the ability to repair if it ever goes corrupt..

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
    7 people like this.
  2. korrupt12

korrupt12 Proficient

woto awesome thanks

3. Notorious

Notorious Getting there

Ty Adieu...

4. fabrisuperfabri

fabrisuperfabri New Member

oh well thanks i will downloaded again, i hope someone make a way to downgrade to help people like me with this problem

5. xxxardyxxx

xxxardyxxx Getting there

2.0 working for me..

i just finished updating today to 2.0, it seems to be fine for me bcause im playing right now and i havent encountered any bugs yet... :w00t:

6. Sanctus

Sanctus Banned

This is a very good and helpful guide. This is a great service to the community and needs to be stickied.

7. fabrisuperfabri

fabrisuperfabri New Member

oh by the way if i install the game like this i wont need the ncsoft launcher right?

8. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

I'm pretty sure you wont, but I'll let you know when my torrent is done ^^

Edit: Correct, NCSoft launcher after you do this guide will be useless to you unless you plan on updating, or Gamez goes 2.0

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  9. janiphs

janiphs Expert

f i uninstall it how long it will take to DL the 1.9 again??

10. Frenemy

Frenemy Banned

No need to unistall if the update hasn't been applied ;)

The game runs smoothly as far as you just DL'ed the update w/o applying it =)

11. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

Using bittorent at an average of 500-600kB/s it's taken me almost 5 hours so far.. but it's almost done. So about a little longer than if you were to install the game fresh from the launcher.

Some people had auto update on, or didn't know that getting 2.0 would mess up playing on Gamez.

12. janiphs

janiphs Expert

but i update my client to 2.0 and now i cant playT_T

13. Frenemy

Frenemy Banned

People never check the forum or GMs didn't prevent this from happening by announcing it in time and not after people started to complain? Here is the question...:whistling:

14. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

I personally wasn't aware NCSoft was going to update it with 2.0 as I don't really follow NCSoft anymore after terrible customer support. Trying to get a human response out of them is like trying to have a conversation with cleverbot.. Anyways, I'll try to make sure an announcement is made in game to NOT update to 2.0.

1 person likes this.
  15. Frenemy

Frenemy Banned

This is an NCsoft's game mate. Even if you don't like this company the updates are provided from it, not Gamez itself so as future GM you should keep and eye on things like updates and such... Just my opinion...

16. Nujabes

Nujabes Well-Known Member

Damn aion 2, and I just started seriously getting into this game.

17. Frenemy

Frenemy Banned

Official is always one step in front of the private server :crying:

18. bbvc

bbvc Getting there

i have just install win 7 x64 in my pc, and i got a trouble with directx. The alert asked me update newest version directx while my version is Directx 11 ? i use ncsoft laucher to fixing, it download completed and installed, but when i click to play, the alert appear again and asked me update newest version directx ?

19. eldevin

eldevin Proficient

hmp.....

give me link plz....

my aion is COPY paste only .......

^_^

plz link to update my aion ......

20. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.