1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Possibly highs Mr in game

Discussion in 'GamezAION General Discussion' started by Katansin, May 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluewarlock

bluewarlock New Member

nice one guys

2. SpetsZnasz

SpetsZnasz New Member

Simppelifyssss

3. Katansin

Katansin Proficient

You are wrong my friend, u can be able to have Block and Mr at the same time, Ea set have a lot of block, + see shield +20 and a good helm, u are good to go vs the world ;)

4. Devours

Devours Professional Sneak Forum Legend

He isn't wrong about anything. MR is indeed supposed to help resist skills from people without MA/MB set and the debuffs from physical classes, but in order to get the most out of this build, the top end gear is indeed needed. MR build might be defensive, but it's not the most defensive one as it leaves you extremely vulnerable to physical classes and the magic classes with MA stacked. It works perfectly fine in its own way.

For a player who just started playing cleric, regardless the gear, using block and/or hp (hp can be quite pretentious requiring a +15 plume to be able to build a fair amount) is the best option. You could actually say MR build is for those who already have experience with the class and know how to handle themselves in though situations, because let's face it, going against a physical class with a block set is what I call "easy mode cleric", not much of a challenge. If your opponent happens to have accuracy, oh well... On the other hand, using a HP set against magic classes with MA sets (and not only) is the best call.

5. Luff

Luff - ᴛʜᴇ ғɪᴢᴢ - Staff Member Trainee

I tested all of the following (Using only Arbiter):
    >Block Set (4.6k block)
    >Magic Resist Set (2.8k mr)

And I must say that resisting fears in open-world PVP is rather lovely and all, but when you get piled on by 2-3 Gladiators, a Templar not to mention a free hitting ranger here and there and maybe a sin, you'll wish you went block. Wearing MR vs physical classes is suicide, I'd rather spam cleanse for the win, cleansing anything that might land on me (minus silence/paralyze Godstones :oops:) and survive whilst keeping my team up and throwing in a blind/root into the mix - maybe even Chain of Suffering on a target you don't want getting up after dying.

All in all the build you choose is all about your play style, I have experience surviving mages, so I go block, due to the high amount of melee on this and any other server that play open world actively.

/personal_opinion

6. Devours

Getting the most out of a block set is having a second cleric in your group wearing MR and that's the only moment when I think block set should be used in open world PvP or GvG. Despite being tankier, as a sole healer wearing block, you will end up eating a lot of godstones and/or silence skills with no one to cleanse you heading to a pretty quick death.

That is indeed true. It concludes with you answering this question: are you able to handle yourself and your group better by cleansing or healing and popping your shields at the right time?

7. Luff

Yeah, because usually in GvG my group or any group at all should always aim the healer first, however, annoying or disturbing the main DPS is of uttermost importance, cause MR won't save you from a full buffed sorc, or a geared Songweaver. But having the other party members aim them, (mages) leaving the melee to have a go at me and me blocking their damage mostly and tanking them to dispel and heal my own DPS makes way for me to survive their main cloth dps and win overall.

I like block more, I hardly ever get godstone locked, so not a problem for me, not like my group gonna stand there and let the mages or any one for that matter have a go at me, Bodyguard comes in if I'm silenced more than twice and there is always another healer whether it be a songweaver at least, if not? two bodyguards should suffice.

8. Orzzzz

Orzzzz o-o Forum Legend

Yea maybe I am wrong because your friggin title says " Possibly highs Mr in game". No idea where the blocks and shits came from but okay if you are happy sure.

9. Devours

That is indeed a fair statement. I did play with Block set on retail and another private server(4.7) where I could tank and win as a 2 man group (glad + cleric duo for the win) fairly easy against 5-6+ players with same items as us. The only difference is that godstones BARELY proc'ed there. However, I didn't notice block sets to be that effective on Gamez and I do not understand why that is. It is a shame, really.

I wish I was this lucky.

10. Luff

If its any Godstone lock, it's para LOL from the infamous assassins on this server, not calling any names :rolleyes: lmao - But honestly , block has worked for me, not that it's a 100% go to, but it does help with dmg gets reduced by 80~90% :cool:

11. cocosul

cocosul Guest

what about block/parry? works on cler/chanter?

12. Luff

Rofl no? Parry is striped at a 40% rate, too low to be any of any use if you ask me. Gonna test it on chanter one of these days and see lmao. You have peaked my interest ser

13. cocosul

cocosul Guest

well i want to make a chanter too just for block/parry :D

Renaro likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.