1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

For those with the 2.0 update.

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Adieu, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hitkill

hitkill Well-Known Member

Try to download as a torrent.
    Reason is because IExplore doesn't support files bigger then 8Gb (correct me if i am wrong.)
    To download the torrent get Utorrent and select torrent as server. (for the noobs you will download a little file first just open that . Then you can select the download location in Utorrent)

2. Sanctus

Sanctus Banned

Try using the official site to download the 1.9 client. That is the safest way to get it, even if it does take a bit longer. You might have to re-download though since I think your rar got corrupted during the download.

The reason your winrar is complaining to you might be because your download got corrupted (it happens sometimes with downloading large .rar files.)

3. Deadlychants

Deadlychants Rainbow kittens Forum Legend

So I can just download it again, and hope it works? Or is it always going to pull up as corrupt? (has done it twice already)

I will try and download it as a torrent as well, hope it works.

4. Sanctus

Sanctus Banned

Download it a second time and hope it works. It shouldn't corrupt twice in a row.

If it does, then its probably something with your computer, and not the rar it self.

1 person likes this.
  5. hitkill

Safest way is to download the torrent because most browser can't download files large then 8GB.
    that is why the files go corrupt.

1 person likes this.
  6. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

Not sure x__x my only guess is the file got corrupted while downloading since it's such a large file. Try hitkills suggestion

Also, make sure you have the .zip extention enabled for winrar, if you don't already :p

1 person likes this.
  7. Sanctus

Sanctus Banned

I edited my original post-suggestion to include a safe torrent. I hate having to resort to torrents though >.<

1 person likes this.
  8. hitkill

Why you hate torrents i persoonly download more with torrents the normaal download. Because with torrents you can get max download speed and normaal way it is always limited. (and yes i download other games/movies 2:p)

1 person likes this.
  9. Notorious

Notorious Getting there

I think if we change the new bin32 (v2.0) for the old one(v1.9) it will work... I try to follow the link u gave Adieu but in the end of trying to install game i got some erros and the game ask me for CD 1..

10. Deadlychants

Deadlychants Rainbow kittens Forum Legend

Where did you post the safer torrent file? I hate having to resort to that too, but it seems like my only option.

thanks for all your help Adieu, Hitkill, and Sanctus. Great Gm's.

11. lPrototypel

lPrototypel New Member

Oohhh very thanks, resolved my roblem, very thanks =d

12. sinx

sinx New Member

The file do not work

I have downloaded the link for client 1.9 twice http://www.gamershell.com/download_59678.shtml and it says "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged"
    there goes my last hope of playing, is that the only way to downgrade from 2.0 to 1.9? I wanna play so bad...Help me please!

13. Macxos

Macxos New Member

looking for a solution.... cuz i updated to 2.0 and i wanted to play 1.9 :p i found a bin32 that makes ur 2.0 works on 1.9 servers..... actually im playing gamez with 2.0 without problems....... if anyone wants this bin32 send me pm, i will upload it to internet. or if the admin like it, i can post the bin32 with a virus analisis to show u that its clean ^^

14. sinx

sinx New Member

Can you upload the bin32 file please? so I can replace it for the actual one and finally get this thing fixed.

15. Macxos

Macxos New Member

i need the permission of the adm of the forum....

i can upload the bin32 and i can post instructions and the virus analisis...... if the admin. allows me to do it , i will.

16. sinx

sinx New Member

Ok! if you get the permision to do it, please send me an email to notifying me about it, my email is themasterking09@hotmail.com
    I'd apreciate a lot!

17. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

The bin32 method is fine, except you'll also need to replace your ui.pak, pc.pak and npcs.pak.. ui.pak would fix your colors I think. Also I'm not sure theres a working items.pak made for 2.0 users yet. Even after this you'll still have periodic crashing because of certain textures..

I've changed up my main post to reflect this issue people were having, when I first made the guide I didn't know downloading it through the explorer might corrupt it, since anything over 8gigs has a chance to. Hitkill suggests getting utorrent and downloading the torrent version of the file.

18. sinx

sinx New Member

Finally fixed it, all you have to do is replace bin32 and replace d3dx9_38.dll inside the folder.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  19. Alxemister

Alxemister New Member

Stuck on NCsoft Screen

everytime i try to startup the game with the gamez launcher it gets stuck when my screen is filled with black and only the logo of NCsoft is there.

20. Kaimbe

Kaimbe Well-Known Member

yeh the replacing of bin32 seems to make the trick, but there are still graphix problems all over the place :p, but oh well i cant complain lol, its still playable until 2.0 comes out in our server!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.