1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Increase The Chances of Contracting a New Worker

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Zekken, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Zekken

Zekken New Member

Yes workers are tied to the town that they are contracted in and cannot move, If this would be possible then everything would be a lot easier.

2. Zekken

Zekken New Member

In my opinion in this game you can basically do 3 things that really open up the world of Black Desert Online and let you enjoy it. This game is amazing as it doesn't restrict the player into doing 1 thing such as Grinding for levels, allowing people to also do Lifeskills and Micromanage a Worker Empire is a very big part of the game. I personally feel restricted on this server more than others since i don't like to Grind i mainly do Lifeskills and Micromanage my Empire however if a person wants to do something its much quicker here than on Retail for example if i wanted to only Grind then i will gain x10 loot, if i only wanted to do Lifeskills i get x5 exp, if i wanted to do only my Worker Empire i get nothing so why should i even join this server? This server boasts of how much different it is from the Retail server how much faster everything is, however me as someone who only wants to do Lifeskills and Micromanage the Empire i don't see much of a difference for me the difference is that this only has x5 Lifeskill Levels, why should i join and switch from a server where i am Guru in Cooking, Master in Proccessing, Master in Trading? Its simple because this is a X5 server so its all much faster however now why should i switch here for the empire? i have an Enormous Empire going and have most of the Nodes invested in the game and i Micromanage my empire to make it as perfect as i possibly could so why should i come here when literally everything is changed so much that Boats are useless since you can just ride underwater why can i not have a faster building worker empire? Why am i only restricted on the Worker Empire and nothing else? You are thinking about people who create worker empires who do lifeskills and also grind so they get 5b a month or something outrageous like that but why shouldn't they get that much? obviously they put in the time into making all of that and building everything up why cant they be rich on this server and get everything they want? Just because you have a Worker Empire doesn't mean that doesn't take effort and time to create it perfectly, if you dont do it as efficiently as you can your just wasting resources and not all of the stuff you made is definitely not worth your time then, you better go and grind you will make 100 times more that way.

I am very confused as how you think about the Worker Empire since it seems like at times you are Overrating it and then at times Underrating it, what i get from you is that you think you can set up a worker empire within days and get billion within month which is completely not true. it takes around a month from the setup to actually start creating something of value in the Worker empire only after you amassed resources can you do something with them. If someone is taking a whole month not doing anything but the worker empire then for the entire month they wont get any Silver and not profit at all however after the month they will earn more money than anyone else, its a fair trade.
    Think of a scenario of someone grinding for 2 months and gain 10 billion a month from just grinding as an example then within those 2 month the person who is grinding will have 20 billion. Now think of someone who only does Worker Empire they only do Worker Empire and nothing else then within 2 months they earn 15 billion, of course they earn less but now if i said that for the 1st month they did nothing but improve on their Empire and earned no money you would say thats outrageous since they earn 15 billion a month however you would forget about how it took him an entire month to set it up and that he didn't earn any Silver from that.

You are thinking of people that do Grinding for 5 hours a day Lifeskilling for 3 hours a day and then Manage their Empire and Trade for 2 hours a day, and then they earn something like 30 billion a month. Let them do this because obviously they put in the time to do it so why cant they get more money? You are just doing nothing but restricting people into playing this game in 1 or 2 ways since whenever they wanna make an empire they will just look at other options and see that its not worth it they better go do Lifeskills now and Grind, its like saying no your not allowed to do Worker Empire because its not nearly fast enough to set up and you don't get anywhere near the amount of Silver you would from Grinding and Lifeskilling.

3. Zacuous

Zacuous New Member

I said before they need to 3-5x the prices in MP on all gathered/proccessed materials for it to be a viable play style and markets to actually have shit.

4. JLFox

JLFox Proficient

That's counter productive.
    I didn't read it yet but will once I've catches some sleep. From some scanning that seems to get somewhere.

5. Zekken

Zekken New Member

there is no need to have resources be x3 or x5 the price that would then completely destroy the server and nothing would be worth doing other than getting these resources.

6. JLFox

JLFox Proficient

Even though I wouldn`t put lifeskilling and grinding on the same scale, this is exactly how it should work. Active activities should always be more rewarding than passive ones. As I said in the beginning of the thread, with only a low amount of CP you are able to generate an income of around 1 horse. It doesn`t restrict you to be stationary, to ground your character somewhere and be unable to do anything else. Because of it, the node empire is dangerous to play around with. Its content is adding to already flowing income and doesn`t replace it, therefor cannot be allowed to be too lucrative.

It doesn`t work like that. You are comparing two completely different activities from their base on.
    You don`t. You are not. There is many bugs that disable some content completely. Come back in a year when most of them have been fixed and content has been adjusted.

Exactly, you have your passive income which adds up with your more rewarding active income. You gotta explain why doing absolutely nothing and not being restricted at all should be anywhere as rewarding as doing some active activity which grounds your character or is in the need of the players full attention at all time? It clearly doesnt make sense from a game design perspective.

7. FuRiouS

FuRiouS Legendary Member

300 energy spent and saw 45 grey naive giants, couple of green giants and goblins and 2 green humans....... This is unbelievably worse then retail lol.

8. FuRiouS

FuRiouS Legendary Member

It takes a lot of work running around the entire world discovering every node. Doing story quests or other quests to gain the CP needed to build said empire. It can also be a full time job (in game) in some cases where you set up a specific empire designed around crafting/marketing you spend most your time gathering materials and processing/alchying/cooking to keep up with your empire from coming to a stand still.

Spamming 2-3 buttons in a circular rotation hours on end while watching netflix is nothing compared to actively micro managing a proper BDO worker empire, just sayin :D. Have an open mind, we are not asking for the game to spit out 100million silver gold bars ever 2 seconds, we are just looking for a slight increase in rates on worker contract buying, promotions and maybe exp gain. Its a high rate fun server after all.

9. DivineStar

DivineStar New Member

You say trading is passive income, but there is no income in trading. It is completely disabled, which also makes fishing give 0 income, unless you dry fish to make feed. The server has few options on passive income. The only way is to get horses and a worker empire, but crafting things isn't really worth it cuz there isn't enough population to buy up the stuff people could mass produce. This makes lifeskilling kinda worthless. I wanna see trading enabled, hunting fixed and with this even fishing would be okay. And while you're gonna say it's gonna break the economy. It doesn't break on retail, why would it break here? You don't make crates faster here, you don't run faster with your wagon or elephant. The only reason trading is broken is because they put 30k% on all items. So they broke it themself.