1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Running Gamezbd on a VM

Discussion in 'Problems' started by exoqqen, Mar 25, 2018.

1. exoqqen

exoqqen New Member

TL;DR need help running pserver on VMware, game won't launch.

Heya, i've spent the past day digging through the forums & researching ways to run the pserver on a virtual machine so i can run retail & pserver at the same time.
    I've found a howto on editing the registry so bdo doesnt recognize its beeing run on a VM and followed these steps to the point where i got the retail running.
    Now i still need to figure out how to run the pserver on a VM. If anyone knows how to or can point me in the right direction i would be very thankfull.
    About my current problem: pressing start on the gamezbd launcher will result in the status changeing to "seeding" for a splitsecond and then returning back to "ready", nothing else happens.
    One solution i could think of is installing missing drivers or whatnot, as it's a fresh VM that is probably missing stuff i already have on my actual OS.
    VM OS is Windows 10 Pro.
    Please don't throw actual informatics lingu at me as i'm not familiar with most terms/ new to VM.
    Thanks for taking the time!

bliss likes this.
  2. bliss

bliss New Member

plz can you give me a better way to download this game ..having issue with it plz help me

3. exoqqen

exoqqen New Member

This is not the correct place to ask for this.
    There are torrents of the files on this forum though, look for that.

4. bliss

bliss New Member

my bad ..i didn't see any tittle with my issue topic but thank you

5. exoqqen

exoqqen New Member

6. exoqqen

exoqqen New Member

7. PlatinumCookies

PlatinumCookies New Member

Douche.

8. PlatinumCookies

PlatinumCookies New Member

Douche.

9. Biodragon

Biodragon New Member

What steps did you take in the VM to make retail work? Maybe there is something in those steps that correlate to getting this version working?

10. exoqqen

exoqqen New Member

On't be rude my dear, just oversee the post and go along.

I don't know how okay this forum is with sharing ways to do that but i basically edited the registry so there is nothing stating that that is a VM, deleted driver/hardware descriptions and so on.
    I have now already set up a completely fresh VM because i wanted to start over, installed a cleanly torrented version of the pserver but im stuck at the same problem.
    VM has 2 cores & 4gb ram.

11. exoqqen

exoqqen New Member

Have asked multiple people, it's now day 5 of trying to figure this out and i can't find any solution.

12. Laganima

Laganima New Member

I would also like help on this. I want to play both but i keep getting an error that says this cannot function on a vm.

13. Biodragon

Biodragon New Member

I've been trying to reproduce getting retail to work on a VM like exoqqen says he has, but haven't had luck yet. If I can do that, maybe I can get this version to do it as well. I have seen the mods say here they don't care if we run either version in a VM, but that they do not want us to run two instances of GamezBD if we use a VM. The only problem is I haven't seen anywhere that shows step by step how to get either version running 100% in a VM.

14. exoqqen

exoqqen New Member

Disclaimer: If sharing this is against any rules of the forum i'm fully okay with it being taken down, i don't know the stance of the mods on this topic tho.

That being said, following the steps of this guide http://www.basilmarket.com/forum/2108005.html allowed me to run the retail verson on VM. I found that you do not have to do step two as it stops you from being able to resize your VM window/screen. If it doesn't work without it for you or you don't care, just follow this guide step by step. (you obviously need more than 15 gigs of HDD space)

Once again, if you know how to run the pserver in VM, please explain the steps you followed to get it running.
    I would also kindly ask you to not post questions/errors for getting retail to run on VM, if you open a thread instead I'd gladly check that out and help if i can.

15. Laganima

Laganima New Member

OK I am going to try this and see if it will work.

16. Lareldal

Lareldal Patience is a virtue <3 Forum Legend

It is fine, as long as you are not running two instances of gamezbd at one time, whether with vm or not. Running one instance of gamez and an instance of retail is perfectly fine.

exoqqen likes this.
  17. Biodragon

Biodragon New Member

Thanks for the clarification.

I tried running Retail and GamezBD version from a virtual machine and couldn't get either one to work, so I'm not sure how to help. Hopefully someone figures it out though. I would like to run both versions if possible one day.

18. Sonic

Sonic New Member

I have also succesfuly ran official BDO game on my VM but can't run GameZBD version. I want now to activly play official and do cooking on VM with GameZBD account and also get some perls cos I bought premium. If I can't run both I will quit private server which is pitty for me cos It is also quite fun to play it.
    I can download game but when I pres START nothing happen. I ran it as administrator but it does nothing.

19. exoqqen

exoqqen New Member

Ye same same, it just doesnt work out. I suspect they've implementet something against the use of VM's & i'd be glad if theyd just say so bc i wasted lots of time trying to get this to work