1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Recent Patch: Changes?

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by KoroFish, Mar 26, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goodhunting

Goodhunting New Member

Even though I've only been playing a week, these changes are VERY quickly making me want to stop playing. As has been said above and I shall say it again; No one wants retail 2.0. We're here to get away from that rngfest shithole. Only time can tell whether or not you listen but I hope you do and revert these changes.

2. Safearia

Safearia New Member

I really liked this server ... until now. I stopped playing retail BDO for this server. If this make this server just like retail BDO ... why would I keep playing it. Please keep it as awesome as it was, and don't make it terrible like retail. Please!

3. Devii

Devii New Member

Totally agree with everyone in this thread. The changes that were made today is horrible for the server. When I first started playing this server, which was since beta, things were a lot of enjoyable and easier. I want the new players to have the same experience playing this server as I did. This server barely have 4 channels with over 500+ players online at all times and with the new spawn rate, it is 10000x harder for new players to progress. The geared players will now always have an advantage over the new players and grinding will not be the same again. I am sure that most of us that came from retail wanted to avoid "retail" itself and with the way things are becoming on GamezBD, it is becoming retail all over again. Please revert the changes on spawn rate back to normal.

+1

devok likes this.
  4. FuRiouS

FuRiouS Legendary Member

You guys know the past week was an event with increased drop rates on top of the high drop rates we already have. Im not sure about the enhancing after this patch but as far are shard drop rates it seems fine and the way it was BEFORE the compensation event that just ended. The only issue i have seen is the respawn rate of monsters and gathering nodes (trees, rocks, etc), this needs to be fixed as it was not part of this past event. @Carl did shut the server down to adjust the spawn rate but 30% was nowhere close to where it was last week or yesterday.

Compensation event that we all got used to this past week that is now over:
    An unexpected rollback occured for some players during todays maintenance. This is a rare incident and we will take measures to prevent recurrence in the future. There will be a compensation event until next week as follows: Compensation events now active:
    - Increased Enhancement (FS) rates by 20%
    - Double rewards for RBF PvP
    - Drop rates increased
    - Gold event enabled:
    - Golden Dagger can be obtained from drops
    - Golden Backpack can be obtained from gathering
    - Golden Coelacanth can be obtained from fishing
    - 10% Bonus on all donations
    - Ingame GM Blessing buffs

All you new guys that joined the server this past week only experienced a highly buffed compensation event due to major unexpected rollback during a server restart last week.

5. lewper

lewper New Member

Yea... I just started hearing the hype about this server and D/L it last night
    Even talked to my bro about joining, so glad I waited on that premium membership
    Screw starting now with no chance to catch anyone /deletegame

devok and NinjaSh4dow like this.
  6. Payz

Payz New Member

These changes r bad - _-

7. Fabled

Fabled New Member

enhancing has been nerfed in general for a few patches, ask Proto or anyone who's geared like Vampyrism, it's not because of this event.

8. FuRiouS

FuRiouS Legendary Member

Thats fine, as i said I dont know about the enhancing rate as im not a hardcore enhancer. But the drop rate people are complaining about was the event that ended. Also like to add that same event did ad 20% increased enhancing, just saying. Repawning of gathering nodes and monsters IS an issue and needs fixing ASPA or give us 10+ more channels lol.

9. Proto

Proto New Member

Hands-down the biggest things that scare me about this patch are:

1) New players are going to take one look at how hard it is now to gather with all the great nodes that were normalized (removed) from the game and see how far behind they are compared to the PEN giants and say "fuck this."
    2) That sweeping HUGE changes like this get patched without any feedback from the community that play the sever on a daily basis.
    3) Not realizing that matching spawn rates & gather nodes with retail on a server / ecosystem that is vastly different than retail is a bad idea.

@Carl It's going to be very difficult to keep existing players not only playing but donating money and even harder to convince new people to come here and join the GameZ community.

10. Fabled

Fabled New Member

This, just started a week ago and I see no reason to play this server against players with full pen and bugs when I'm almost softcapped on retail.

11. strashiner

strashiner New Member

The guy has a good point
    if ANYTHING
    its the nodes and mob spawn
    before 683
    nodes and mob spawns were preferable and nice.
    for us gatherers and grinders of course.

12. FuRiouS

FuRiouS Legendary Member

You expected to match these PEN guys within 1 week? Most of these PEN players you speak of have been here for 2-3 months. Yes there are some hardcore retail vets that are PEN after 2-3 weeks but very few of them. Even with high rates this is still BDO and things will still take time to build.

Have fun back on retail.

13. Vampyrism

Vampyrism New Member

New
    After today's patch nerfing gather node spawns, mob spawn rate changes, and not-yet-implemented retail mob density boost (that retail has and we don't) to compensate for the timers this update will immediately create the following problems:

- Less Blackstones dropping
    - Less hards and sharps circulating
    - Less overall enhancing
    - Less XP and levels
    - Less accessories to farm for
    - Less crafting due to far fewer nodes
    - Lower income across the board

Right now I have zero reason to promote GameZ as the definitive choice for Black Desert when they seem bent on making it like the retail version we all grew to hate. Unless they fix this shit soon it's going to be game over for a lot of people.

Please make your voice heard (politely) within reason in the hopes that they fix this. We can't have retail spawns and node limits with 4 channels and 700+ active players AND slow respawns compared to 36 channel retail with far fewer active players throughout the open world. It just makes no sense. If I wanted to play retail I'd be there.

make GamezBD great again!!

Fabled, kaemn and Canada like this.
  14. JcEli

JcEli New Member

We can't have retail spawns and node limits with 4 channels and 700+ active players AND slow respawns, compared to 36 channels on retail with far fewer active players throughout the open world. People LEFT retail to come here and have more fun, so why try and make it like retail?

Fabled likes this.
  15. Masterchops

Masterchops New Member

I'm not okay with these changes and really hope it was just a mistake.

if these changes don't get reverted I shall not be promoting Gamezbd any longer.

I love this game and this server, it was actually fun before todays patch! Now it's almost just like retail, if I wanted that I would just head back to normal BDO.

Please revert these changes!

16. Gatsuki

Gatsuki New Member

Started playing this server because of how retail was.....hello darkness my old friend.....

17. evo

evo New Member

The server how it was before today is exactly why I came to GamezBD around the beginning of February.
    I was not/am not looking for a retail like experience.

Fabled likes this.
  18. Bannan

Bannan Banned

i really like the fact we have 0 infos or anwsers from @STAFF

19. Fabled

Fabled New Member

Stop making silly assumptions, I don't expect full pen even within a month, I expect them not to make shitty changes and ignore community, though.

NinjaSh4dow likes this.
  20. Kurotaro

Kurotaro New Member

This went to the wrong direction fast and many who recently came here will leave soon if this is not handled correctly. We came here to pvp and have fun, not to do the same repetitive things in retail.

Please revert back these changes. Please also communicate changes better, internalize feedback and win back your reputation with the player-base.

-Qitaro

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.