1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Does that mean eu servers?

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Icemourne, Oct 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Souldealer

Souldealer New Member

Ohh there was a cron bug ? Now i see why are the "Old" people are crying.

2. Amlug

Amlug New Member

So, you mention people going "mememe" mode and then I can see "I" everywhere in your post?

Let's play a game then, since apperantly I haven't: Give me a name of another game (mind you, exact same game ran by same company) that opened new servers and didn't give you an option to transfer (usualy limited time free transfers) to the newly opened server - exlucding games that count it as an actual feature, not a region change (aka "New Dawn" like Arche Age). And before you mention something like Retail BDO EU vs SEA - that's not the same company mind you.

We're neither changing games, nor asking for refund (it's not like we're asking for money back IRL, just a digital part that we've invested).

So before you spout shit trying to turn the issues upsidedown because it suits you better as a fresh player, don't negate that there are others who might be affected by this in a bigger scale or you simply don't understand the issue.

Just in case to give you a bigger picture and give you a hint or something similar, on a bigger scale - how would you feel, consider you've played retail for 2 years, if on the server merge day (croxus, alustin and jordine merging) they have said they they are wiping the servers instead of merging, because why not? If you've just started, it woulnd't affect you that much, but imagine having to rebuy, regrind, and restart everything. Would you still be ok? Or is that only because you've barely invested and you shit on others opinion? If that's the case don't ever use the "MEMEME" phrase, as it's unwise useing something you dont understand.
    They have access to everything required, so I don't see the reasoning or anything good coming for declining everything, pretending it's complete new start, especialy since there might be transfers later.

3. ozgur95

ozgur95 New Member

m2 bro fuck exploiter pen monkeys hahhaha bb

Souldealer likes this.
  4. Aryxiar

Aryxiar New Member

EU SERVERS <3 CANNOT WAIT !! Gonna do a full quick restart with my Striker :)

Souldealer likes this.
  5. xMovingTarget

xMovingTarget MadKing

Yes. you are new. You dont lose much from going now. Also you assumingly do not have the same amount of friends like many of us do. Also Big Guilds. All of that gets ripped apart. But how can you understand, Mr. 1 week.
    They already had a system that worked on here to have EU nodewar times. Nodewar is dead anyways. No reason to not have it mixed up at least.
    Also. You see people change my man. Obviously after 1 week you have again no clue. You literally dont know anything about games.
    We had 1 week of NA - EU - NA - EU etc nodewar times. It worked okay. And fair too? Would you not agree? Just thursday NW was a bit broken in time. But wasnt that big of a deal. If you would have been around longer. you would understand. But since you are not and you have nothing to lose really. Your opinion on the matter is a little biased. If I would be here 1 week, hell, I would go without a word. Its already all been said in this thread. And I dont feel like repeating it again.

wtf? You know its not that hard to PEN your gear without exploits right? It really isnt.

6. Souldealer

Souldealer New Member

To respond to your question Age of Wulin(EU) - Age of Wushu(NA), same game , same developer, different region. You had the option to transfer when they closed down the EU server to move to NA. You didn't have the option to transfer when the EU server opened up after the NA.(they had cash shop, and that game was way more P2W then this).
    Your off the point with your "merge servers", they are not merging anything, they are making a new one. They are not forcing you start over, they are simple giving people a new option to start the game over on a different region.
    Maybe they have the resources maybe they don't, i don't know the infrastructure behind there servers, and how much data needs to be transferred from EU - NA, maybe this is just my mindset, but even as an old player it would be awesome to start all over again, with all the current knowledge you have, not waste time figuring out everything. For a new player (noob to the game), it would still be awesome cause he can be on par with all the people for a couple of days/weeks.
    Btw this new server doesn't affect the old players in any way. Not even 1. Nothing will change on the current server. So they are not affected, on a personal level wise, probably some guilds will disband, and the marketplace will need to rebalance itself but that is all. Your gear won't be taken away, your contribution, energy will remain.

"We're neither changing games, nor asking for refund (it's not like we're asking for money back IRL, just a digital part that we've invested).", plz tell me where is the difference ? Cause it dosn't say dollar/euro next to your number? That money is IRL money mate, you exchanged your money to a different currency that you can use online. But it is still real money, just under a different currency.

7. Amlug

Amlug New Member

You really are a hopeless case and I find my time precious enough not to waste it on someone like you. Especially on a private server where they are the law and our opinion might not even matter.

The ice stone has melted and produced a valk cry.

P.S. Friend linked me this:
    We regret to inform you that the Age of Wulin service is no longer available via Webzen.com from
    July 11th, 2017. Publishing rights have been transferred back to Snail Games US where you can still
    enjoy the vast and vibrant worlds of Age of Wulin/Wushu.

8. blowmebaby

blowmebaby New Member

I have 1 month here on this server, 575 GS , all boss gear except shose bcs i want urugons not muskans and i have lemoria for now.
    If you monkey didnt play retail and dont know what to do so you can get your gear up its not our problem, even if you start from 0 again 90% will get ahead of you in no time and still get rekt and cry in a dark corner about it.

I left retail and joined here, did all the boring stuff (main quests, worker empire , gardens for pvp meals and elixirs) just to get this news that if i want a better ping and timezone nodwars to start from 0.

If they dont make transfer option then Europa server will be a ghost town in the end, many players invested time and are not a masochist to start again from 0. And players who are just old players with gear and hyped to start from 0 maybe they dont have a life but anyway, expecting bad news and me with my friends will play on NA.
    Never wanted to play on private servers mainly beacuse of this, poor decisions. So if this will turn out bad bb bdo, not worth to waste this much energy on a game even with this nice combat system and graphics.

Winning and Ashkelan like this.
  9. JoseMnez

JoseMnez New Member

Start from 0 is good, but we want mainly transfer only the real money items, not so hard to to understand

10. xMovingTarget

xMovingTarget MadKing

It really depends. Can only go over my case here regarding this. But I am sure there are others like me.
    I played KR Beta. start 0
    I played RU. start 0
    I played EU Alpha/beta, start 0 (not big of a deal. because very time limited)
    I played EU. start 0
    I played Gamez beta, start 0
    I played Gamez, start 0 (was actually hyped for this one)
    I played NA, start 0 (took a break from gamez because tired of the hackers)
    Back to gamez. still had my stuff.
    (play gamezEU, start 0) Just to make the point

This all happened within 3 years.
    I am done with the leveling and gearing part. The worst is the energy, contribution, titles etc part. of course some of the webshop purchases too. Like T9 horse, arsha weaponskin etc.
    In my case. I really dont feel like doing it all again and again. The tire has a leak when it comes to enthusiasm for bdo now.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    WildCherry, nitro1911 and blowmebaby like this.
  11. Hyleos

Hyleos New Member

i'm really shocked by ur comment, lol i should say "are u for real" to you, there are a ton of games that refunded their customers after deleting a game that ppl already purchased , some are big companies and some are not , i can give u a list if u want , also there are a ton of private servers that refunded their customers after wiping or changing the server , so please do some research before writing such comment. there are some people that donated 500-2k$ and still have bad ping, also i don't think u will understand how much respect and trust gamez will gain if they give their customers the choice, I'm pretty sure they are smart enough to make the right move and be different from the greedy companies/private server our there. also this is about 2k players not 20 or 50 , if the opinion of their comunity does not matter, this will be another situation. i don't really think the words such "crying" can be used in such topic. we are trying to find good logical decisions that will make everybody happy with minimum damages. some people like berinima are offering some solutions instead of insulting and attacking . thank you

12. JoseMnez

JoseMnez New Member

Besides that they are not going to lose money, mass is going to make money if they do that, because if they pass the payment items to the EU server, people will continue to spend money on that server, however if they do not, said people He will not spend more money again.

13. Souldealer

Souldealer New Member

First of all i am not attacking anyone, i am just defending my opinion on the matter. tone of games that refund your payment ? maybe in first 10-15 days, on online games like this maybe 1-2 days. There are only a handful of company's that refund anything. So please get your facts right. If you think that is a standard business model that they refund stuff, well i have to break it to you its not.
    The best part is always reading arguments like this "opinion of their community", you are talking about the whole playerbase here, all 4k+ people who play this game, how many have voiced there opinion ? 50 ? 100 ? maybe 200 ?, that is far from the whole community.
    This is always the case in every game, some change will come, some people will like it others wont.
    There is no solution to the problem, there is no middle ground in problems like this, and there is no such thing that everybody is happy, maybe 60-70% will be happy. They will have to pick black or white there is no gray in this matter.

You sound confident, they will not spend more money ? That is a joke, most of the people came from retail, and i am sure that they got used to the model of you start a new character you pay AGAIN and AGAIN, and the money you need to invest here to start from scratch is like 10% of the investment you need to start on retail (all pearl items are free basicly, you just need to patient, you spend only on premium and thats it.). So i am sure that many people will spend money AGAIN if they feel the need to do it.

14. JoseMnez

JoseMnez New Member

Yes, many will continue to spend money, but many others, in which I include myself, I do not think they spend almost anything anymore if they do not give us what was said before :(

Winning likes this.
  15. Hyleos

Hyleos New Member

a lot of players are referring , talking about gamez in different forum's, making video's, calling their friend's to join the server , everybody is saying " hey there is a bdo private server that is not p2w, it's much different than retail ! , the way bdo should have been, come try this out !" ect ect, these people are advertising for the server for free, and this is extremely important , are we gonna kill their motivation? if we think long term, how many players we will gain in 1 year with one small decision ? gamez will be in a unique list of private servers , one of few servers that offered the best solution when they made new server. one that is much different than any private server out there . i'm saying this because i do care about the server and i really want it to always be successful and be the best, others that souldealer said they "cry" also do care and care so much, we all want the server to grow and be in the first place.

i would like them to ask the community to vote in their page or forum and see if it's 100-200 or 2k. it's fine tho i do respect ur opinion . it's up to them at the end

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2018
  16. HydraGoPC

HydraGoPC Proficient

Ah well, I had a long thought about this and decided to go to EU. Currently trashing my gear and selling all loot boxes, since there will be no transfer. Still have mixed feelings, but I think it's a good thing to start fresh on a new server. But don't give that "3-4 months-from-start-you-can-transfer-items-deal". When it's from scratch, it should stay "from scratch". Let's just see what the future brings.

17. Souldealer

Souldealer New Member

What makes you think that this decision will influence those people who advertise the server for free ? Why do you think that this move will kill their motivation, i am sure that i am not the only one with this viewpoint.
    I can tell by your opinion that you care about the server and you want it to grow, but i am sure that many of the people that "cry" here are only looking to keep there personal progress, and care more about themselves then the server.

18. Amlug

Amlug New Member

Did the guy, whos example got denied within a minute, just told someone to get his facts stright, when you yourself are taking numbers and facts out of your ass? You literally have no clue what you are talking about just blindly defending what you think is right. Use your brain first before useing words
    MonkaS

Btw, this made me giggle so hard, you can't even imagine: "That is a joke, most of the people came from retail, and i am sure that they got used to the model of you start a new character you pay AGAIN and AGAIN"

What kind of ape are you? "You are living in a country with high criminal rate? I bet you got used to it - don't bother closing your doors". If people wanted to play retail-like server they would be still playing retail, what kind of braindead logic are you trying to present to others? IQ over 9000

Dankgalf, Rares and WildCherry like this.
  19. Rares

Rares New Member

Dude, buddy, man, what the fuck you are not understanding? A part of us dont give a shit about our progression but we dont like to lose money is just stupid. We want to get our cash items why is so hard to understand, if they dont give us the cash that we invested OK is fine, we will know if this company is worth it or not, cuz i dont think that is very hard to transfer 4 cash items. I wanna start from scratch but whats the difference about giving me the items i bought or buying them again, oh no wait, there is the difference more money for them. Of course that many of us donated to help the server becouse without our donations they couldn't have opened the EU server. I wont invest money in this game again if they dont care about the players, and on this aspect i think that im speaking for a lot of people who only read the forums and dont write in it. We give them faith and trust they can do the same with us.

WildCherry and BDlydNa like this.
  20. Souldealer

Souldealer New Member

Where did i pull facts out of my ass ? You are one special ape in the jungle mate. He assumed something that is absurd, and i pointed it out. Try refunding your game after like 2 weeks, lets see your luck if my opinion doesn't make sense. Go try it and tell me the results, how many of them will go like "yeah sure here have your money back".

Did you even read the post i replayed to ? I dought it, he sad that many people will leave cause they will need to spend money. And i simply told him that they wont because they are familiar with this system. I didn't say it was good or it was bad, i just pointed out that it was a thing.

I understand your point of view. people don't want to lose money, no one does. I don't know how many people are working on the servers, maybe in your case moving 4 items from 1 database to another is no big thing, but i am sure there are other people with 100 of items already bought, all the costumes from webshop, horse, coupon and so on, and if they do it for you they have to do it for them. And this is only for 2 people, you have to write the database script for moving stuff around, and it is not as a safe thing to do, meddling with the database.
    People flood the server chat now when there is a 10-30 min lagg. If the transfer won't be once every week lets say during maintenance that will, move every person who requested transfer that week, then the server will be under constant lagg, for weeks.

Rares likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.