1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

EU server launch confirmed - copy our save files

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by raiasura, Oct 6, 2018.

1. raiasura

raiasura Getting there

I just want to discuss this since I've read that there are no intentions of copying our files and I strongly disagree because it's unfair to the loyal EU playerbase.

I don't see why our files aren't being copied. You want to spread the playerbase and make GamezBD more attractive to EU players. Though it's not like there are a thousand EU players waiting for a EU server to begin playing. No, they are already playing on the existing NA server and have invested real cash and time into it. Noone I spoke to intends to swap.
    Its unfair to be expecting us to get our TET/PEN accessories back in trade for better ping. Where's the service? I'm not even mentioning the cash shop yet, which I know some players have invested hundreds of euros in.

There is only one argument I hear why we should not have our save files copied over and that is it being a fresh and fair start for everyone. And when I ask why? People reply with PKing veterans and predicting a bad economy. Well here are my thoughts on these 2 matters and why I think worries are misplaced:

People are concerned with veterans having advantages, mainly grind spot domination and PKing. Yeah, well, the same goes for NA right now where new players enter every single day and PEN players hold hystria/gyfins/etc. And I hear noone about that. So whats different? Also new players enter gradually, not at once on launch day. If ur really concerned about PEN predators hunting new players, just have 1-2 channels be PVP restricted for the first few weeks. But other than that, same pvp happens on the NA servers as we speak. Lastly, karma system is a thing and exists in-game already.

Economy. Way I see it is that veteran players will only feed the market more with expensive items you get in high end spots. Which is good. They are more available then for other players. Sure the veteran makes good dime out of it, but so does the buyer. ( example yellow accessories).

TLDR: Veterans having PVP advantages already exists in the NA server as well. Besides new players won't join thousands at once, they will join gradually over the weeks just like the NA server. Economy will be fine, more high end items accessible to new players for enhancing is a good thing.

Note: I'm here to discuss and want to share my opinion. I'm not flaming the devs. It's their decision in the end, I just hope they take this post into consideration.

2. Grotesquely

Grotesquely New Member

Separate channels for transferred veteran players and newly registered would do the job and also fill the MP, but as I've heard transfer is not happening in any form so..

3. mizmar

mizmar New Member

4. Kilganon

Kilganon New Member

Just started here about 4 days ago, got zero concerns about "Veteran players" I don't want to play for a month with an empty MP while every one limps around starting fresh. I wouldn't even mind a premium transfers, it'd feel like less of a cash grab than this.

Winning and raiasura like this.
  5. xMovingTarget

xMovingTarget MadKing

I brought this idea already up multiple times. In the gamez discord as an open discussion and directly to the Devs.

To start with, I tell you a little story. I began playing on GamezBD in may 2017. We had 1 channel, permanent +10 rbf score over our heads and around 80 people online on a good day. So I have seen this server grow from its infancy. All the time always doing the best I(with help of guildmates etc) could do to help get bugs, exploits, cheats fixed. My Guild Addicted, which was always around on Gamez since may 2017, with a break of a few months, Always had a big variety of nationalities. And we were always big in numbers. So I take this as a reference. This possibly gives every reader a base idea where I come from.

Since the early days, GamezBD was nad is most dominantly EU/RU/ASIAN based. There always have been NA players, obviously. But at no point were NA based players the majority on the server. To this day. Most people to this day are from Eurasia. With American players still not that big of a number compared. Now, I cannot provide any factual numbers. But if you ask around and you know people, you will also get the idea.
    Now what we have on a server that is mostly occupied by Eurasian players:
    - Nodewars at 2am - 10am
    - overall high player average latency

Both of those things are bad and pidgeonhole a vast amount of players. If not the majority. Making it almost impossible for actual Nodewars to happen. Besides plant a tower and hope for the best that you may get it.

But now that a Server located in an european Server farm is in the works. These players really would like to go there instead to fix many of their problems. Nodewars for us personally is a big factor here. We could live with the 12pm cet nodewars. It was bad. But somewhat doable. Now since it is pure NA timetable. It is 3am cet. We had one week of mix of EU and NA time. To give a perspective here : at 12pm we could gather around 20 people plus minus. At 3am(we tried once) we had a maximum of 12. Now here is the kicker. At EU time 8pm, we filled 2 full platoons (40 people). That is a totally international active guild. I am sure this is mirrored with most the guilds on the server, with probably less numbers though. (All times provided are central european time)

Now that we would love to all just swap over EU, but dont want to lose the progression we made in gear, webshop purchases, pearl investments and so on. We are forced on a server that does not allow us to participate in nodewars and let us run around with 200+ pings, yes alot of my guild are in that area.
    So having it be able able to copy accounts over obviously is a win win here. If not, It sadly will split off guild, and split the playerbase in general. We cant yet say how much. But it will happen sadly.

New players will always have a disadvantage. But I dont think it is that big of a deal. On our NA based server, people usually take 1 or 2 months until they are battle ready. Meaning PEN Armors and weapons with All capotia + at least 1 TRI Ring and Earring. This already puts you into an area of being able to fight and win again full PEN players. It is still hard. But you wont get oneshotted And you can do damage.

I proposed to have the contents of our Na based server right now copied over to the EU Datacenter and we would connect to the EU one just as we connect to NA now. And The NA server to either be wiped(in case a new fresh start server was the goal) or leave as a copy(to give people a choice of where to play).
    Transferring the server files obviously is not only a copy paste job. I hope everybody can understand that. Many things can go wrong. And databases can be quite sensitive. I don´t know if this is already 100% decided by the gamez team. I hope not. From I was told, they want to "try" develop a transfer system in the future. Which wont be easy and there is no promise of it ever happening.

Okay. I am done. You probably fell asleep reading through this. If you actually read the whole thing and made it this far, leave a like if you agree. Good night :D

Quick edit :
    Kolka 23:54 : we will investigate this possibility but we promised to players that first 3 monthes it will be no any trasfer not going to happen for now

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  6. Vrykal

Vrykal New Member

This. Seperate channels for Veterans. Other channels for a fresh start and when the time comes - open all channels for everyone.

7. Hummlebien

Hummlebien New Member

I've been playing for a couple of weeks now, and I don't like to see my gear go away I guess it doesn't matter as much as the people with full Pen its still going to suck. But I don't know about you if I had full Pen on my character I would probably quit the game since I would have "completed the game".
    Only things I would like to see transferred over is the items that people bought in the webshop suchs as Horse Emblems, specific pets you can't get ingame, outfits, weapon skins. Which would do nothing to the fairness and the fresh start of the server. Sure the horse would be a big thing the first couple of weeks but anyone can open up the webshop donate 50 dollars (25.000 cash) and then have it too instantly. But for the people who already bought that specific item from the webshop and had it mailed to us ingame, why can't we transfer that item over to the new server.
    Or just the horse atleast it alone costs 50 dollars which for me is a lot of money to buy whats an ingame item. So far I've spend over 100 dollars on the server, yeah it sucks to see it all go flying but for a fresh start I don't mind that much. I'm super tired of getting oneshot by some guy who has Pen gear even tho I have full tet boss gear except from my Grunil Armor I still get killed in 2-3 shots.

8. Villain

Villain Proficient

A new fresh server should have a fresh equal start. While people in full pen rocking others is annoying but the thing that I'm fearful of would be the economy. The more people that contribute to it, the better the gaming experience becomes; NA's economy has been running for over a year now, and NA players have reaped the benefits of a year behind it...the same can't be said for EU. Transferring PEN's into an empty economy gives too much of an advantage for those just starting out, and those players have no need to contribute to the economy...they have everything they need.

This is just shooting the EU server in the foot.

GekiritZ likes this.
  9. Goliathe

Goliathe New Member

As a EU player who plays Berserker in a NA hosted server, I was hoping everyday that the DEVS decided to open a EU hosted server. But if openning a EU server and make us EU players start over is the DEVS idea i don't think its a option for me and most of players who invested time, money and specially those who achived the end game with PEN. It honestly makes me mad everytime i get into a pvp situation and the other guy disapears from my hand and next thing i know he is behind me 1 shoting me, playing berserker with 200ms is not fun but what i am trying to say is I prefer playing with 200ms as a class that can't grab for shit then starting over, I started playing a month ago in this server i reached 230 AP without premium, it wasn't easy we all know that this game can be a pain in the ass.
    Also the problem related to ''veterans'' i think thats just people behind picky, I started 1 month ago there was ''veterans'' in game too but was rare to find them they grind on high ap required spots, I didn't had any problem with people with high gear score the guilds exist so they can help each other EU guilds will show up, and help people start like they did in NA. There is also a solution the Devs can make a server like retail, new accounts can play on a server for 30 days. 30 days is enough, that is how long it took me to get enough gear to fight back and i didn't spend a single penny. I understand that making NA to EU transaction is not a easy job can take a while but is probably the best choice to wait till you can do the transaction since the problems about veterans is completely irrelevant.
    Anyway as a EU players i think i have the right to give my opinion about this situation, i respect you guys for the work all the DEVS done, but i prefer waiting 3 more months for the EU server to open with transaction available so I can keep pogressing in NA and eventually all EU players could swap to EU server when you had all set and ready.

Regards,
    Goliath

Winning and eminescu83 like this.
  10. xMovingTarget

xMovingTarget MadKing

Well said brotha! We do not know yet if we even will have transfers at all. even later. It was only an idea. Not 100%

Also. Goliath? From EU? BERSERKER?
    Is that you Goli?(Harmony and so on)

11. Chozen

Chozen New Member

I live in NA and have 20 ping. Started roughly 2 months ago and ofc, I am full pen with some decent accessories. After they announced an EU server, that would be a fresh start, I saw paradise. After server host was revealed, my ping would only shoot up to 80ms.

Why is it paradise you ask?

I started when people already had so much advantage on life skills, money making methods, exploit abuse that not matter how much I play, it's x1000 times harder to beat a veteran. Now with the EU server, I feel like I have a chance. Getting full pen will feel rewarding. Being able to contribute to the economy by posting enhanced items will feel useful. Oh and I forgot to mention. This isn't retail. It's a pserver, within a month's time, you can probably be full TRI or more and probably lvl64.

This post is to encourage those of you to be more optimistic and join the hype for a fresh start where the competition will be real and rewarding!!

12. eminescu83

eminescu83 Getting there

PEN Weapons with TRI accessories,
    Pegasus,
    192 inventory slots on main character,
    241 energy - 263 contribution points,
    Cooking costume on cooking alt,
    Gather costume and slots + weight limit on gathering alt,
    5 x Tier 3 pets,
    All starter packs (Amerigo pack, etc) purchased,
    90 days Value pack purchased
    60 Premium membership purchased
    and many other progression thing achieved.

Please, give me a single decent reason to start over from 0 (zero) and deal with the trouble and hussle to get what i said above?

Gear gap it was, it is and it will always be there no matter if u belive it or not.
    Game`s economy will go up and down no matter if there are veterans or not.

Also, why one will throw away hundreds of euros for less 100 ping? Do we know for sure the servers are hosted by a decent company and not by Leaseweb and we might get worse ping than NA?

BDlydNa likes this.
  13. wolfik332

wolfik332 Expert

First u all cry for EU server , now cry for not starting from the bottom , arent u shameless?

Owe likes this.
  14. eminescu83

eminescu83 Getting there

What about the players that spent hundreds of euros on webshop and premium? Throw that away for less 100 ping?

Winning likes this.
  15. cocosul

cocosul Guest

not even 100.honestly its just a business for gamez, the main reason for opening Eu server, it's getting more cash, hopping that all the donators from NA will donate again on Eu. BDO it's not like aion, ping not matter a lot, if decent, but lol, I would never donate then to start from 0 it's stupid. there should be an option for ppls to get their donations refunded on EU server, won't affect with anything the rest of players, but would be fair for donators.

16. Moai

Moai New Member

As an EU player who never played BDO private servers because were all hosted overseas , I'm really hyped to play on a new and fresh start European server( and I know many ppl feel the same ) so I'm happy with this. There is no point in make a "veteran" server since it will die soon with no new players influx and nobody want to start in a server where ppl is already full geared, I suggest you to stay on NA if you already invested alot in your characters but splitting the community in EU is the worst choise imho.

Ingk likes this.
  17. Pulseleo

Pulseleo New Member

is there by any chance a asia server coming?

18. Owe

Owe New Member

People complaining about the gear and money they spend should just stay in NA if it's such a problem, I'm not trying to be argumentative here, but no one is telling or forcing you guys to move to EU.
    I believe what Kolka and Carl are doing is great, considering transfers after a few months of opening the EU server is not a bad option, although I still like the idea of a fresh start better.
    The wealth some people have accumulated over a year on NA after exploiting bugs and hacks and even previous server drop rates will create a ridiculous disparity.

Ingk likes this.
  19. Souldealer

Souldealer New Member

Hello everyone,

I don't agree at all with the OP, they stated that is a new server with a fresh start, if you have premium active and money that is not converted to pearls you will keep those and that is totally fair. Horse, pets value pack and so on remain on the original server and that is totally normal. You bought it for the NA server, and it shouldn't have any affect on the EU server, they are 2 different things.
    I person stated above that he got PEN and a decent level of acc in 2 months, then i don't get it why are all the "veteran" people so revolted that there character wont be transferred. What is the point of a fresh start if you don't start from the same playing field ?

The idea of a veteran and new player server is kinda pointless, since new player is not noob player, i am a new player to this server but i am very old BDO player. So where does that classify me ? Both of the team would like to do node wars, veteran and new player, will you open 2 more server for node wars ? And how will you merge them if the time comes ? who gets the keep the noods when it happens ? Both the teams have the same right to it cause they fought for it.

If an old player comes to the new server maybe he will like it cause at least he will have more competition, on grind spots and more chance to PvP. I know i will have a lot of fun doing that, and if you can't play for like 2 months to get a decent amount of gear on your new character then you are not that good of a player to begin with. If your good you will manage, if not you will be left behind. (I personally think many people have an issue with gearing up cause they are not that good at the game, and are dominating cause of there gear advantage over the other cause they started when the server launched and they didn't have competition, but now that they will i think they are scared that there ego will get hurt cause they will get killed more).

I am really looking forward for the new server and i am happy that everyone starts from 0. GL to all that is starting.

Owe likes this.
  20. xMovingTarget

xMovingTarget MadKing

Actually we are forced. They Put NA timezones on us. No nodewar anything. The issues is you guys are fresh. Of course it is great for you. But we are the ones making this possible for you guys. We have to do all the sacrifices if we stay on this server or mgrate to EU Server.
    Whatever we do, we are effed.. That is the problem. GAMez always had a huge EU and further east playerbase. But at least at some point, since it was international, compromises were made to someone give everyone a fair chance to participate in nodewars etc etc.
    Now they hanged it all to NA proper.
    So we stay, we get effed ny no nodewar at all. Or having it in the middle of the night.(No option for most.)
    We move. We lose everything.
    I dont get what is so hard to understand here.

You realise this server was called international and treated as such. Now it all changed.