1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

SD nerf is killing this game.

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by YouWOTm8, Nov 8, 2018.

?

Can I convince you bring back SD?

1. Yes

73.2%
  2. No

2.4%
  3. More debate would be best

2.4%
  4. It has not affected me either way

22.0%
  1. YouWOTm8

YouWOTm8 New Member

I've had multiple friends get banned from the Gamezbd discord because they voiced their opinions on SD. I have been playing the game for 5 months (before SD auto sell was even a thing). We had a large boost of players come in due to lolHero posting videos on the server. A month and a half ago the server was very lively. People were out and about competing for grind spots. If you go to any of the grind spots now. Everything is dead. The game just seems more dull overall. Not as lively as it used to be.

I'm not undergeard by any means (have 581 GS now) but I have noticed many players quitting (specially in the 500-550 GS bracket) lately.

I don't need the money as much as others do but watching the player base sit in cities processing all day is a real turn off. The open world is empty. Every now and then you'll see some noob lvl 58s grinding but other than that it's dying imo.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  2. sergio909

sergio909 Proficient

There was no such thing as SD items bought by systems and everyone were fine with it. Ppl were making money, gearing up and everything was normal. Now you have additional way to earn some silver and complain...

HydraGoPC likes this.
  3. YouWOTm8

YouWOTm8 New Member

Re read the post. I have been playing since before the auto sell. Did you even read it? I'm concerned about the player base quitting. What's the point of playing if the only people you fight are the same TOP 3 guilds. Over and over and over and over and over again because all the newbies keep quitting.

I'd rather have an entire server PEN than have a dead ass game fighting the same people every single time. Also before the capotia update you had more leeway when it comes to solo grinding.

wensn likes this.
  4. Violor

Violor New Member

At first I leaned towards "who cares about the nerf to SD".
    Now I lean towards "wait guildies are quitting or just sitting around instead of grouping, this is a problem"

After a lot of thought I've decided that SD groups are not really an issue and here is why:
    1. Marketplace items are a set price
    2. It promotes grouping - which is not done at all in retail
    3. It promotes pvp - which the game is based on
    4. Set prices for 0-PEN gear means SD groups allow players to SD group and get boss gear very rapidly

Problems with SD groups:
    1. They challenge low gear areas for grinding to lvl up
    2. They allow rich players to get richer
    3. They are based on a bad sell off time frame for MANY players

So resolutions:
    1. 4 sell offs a day
    1a. Why this helps is it spreads out group timing and allows more players to join groups

Now you say but wait you didn't reference a resolution for new players. You're right I didn't because this isn't actually a real issue and here is why:
    1. New players reach 56 way way way under geared on this server due to the higher exp rate
    2. As such they need help just to do their awakening quests
    3. There are non-SD areas which they can easily grind to lvl 60 at (I did solo to 60, my account is only 2 weeks old)
    3a. Elrics, Sausans, Skeles, Ancient weapons, Nagas (kind of), etc
    4. The give aways from quests for new players actually gives you about 50mil or more (JUST FROM THE QUEST LINE)
    5. With 50mil you can buy all your +15 gear off the SD section of the marketplace
    6. Getting that help to get awakened quest done usually means JOINING A GUILD!!!
    6a. A guild means the quest trick to lvl 64 and SD groups with helpful guildies

Final comments:
    Grouping and playing is more fun than just sitting around Heidel staring at the screen while you ride a horse in a circle. And as a new player myself and having NEVER benefited from the old SD system, (I play the hour after the 8PM sell off so all my SD stuff falls to 25%) I have already gotten my 3 boss weapons (at 0 and I am enchanting them). I personally only play 2-3 hours each night and VERY VERY little on the weekends. I'm saying I'm not a try-hard and I don't have all the time in the world to play and I'm getting it done. A large part because guildies did SD group with me even when sell off were falling to 25% and I have/had the money to buy my boss weapons. But at least they had the willingness to group with me. Now everyone is becoming very bleh about playing. Look people are making billions but so what boss gear has a FIXED price. So X number of players have billions it doesn't matter. We're all going to get boss gear.

So, lets bring back grouping!!! It isn't about the money it IS about the enjoyment!!! Remember what we all want are boss pieces and those prices are FIXED!!!

Uoryo, Mycca, ChilledDozer and 2 others like this.
  5. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

Done we got a comprimise SD with 35% payment from item price and every 12 hour after maintance, its last version.

6. Violor

Violor New Member

@Kolka and other Moderators.
    I don't feel my thread should be moved into an previous thread from someone else.
    I certainly did have my own point to make. And thought it should be in the forefront of its own page.

Why are you trying to bury my points behind another thread?

7. Nysek

Nysek New Member

Until you nerf horses but get upset and ban someone for posting your PM with another player in Discord. ;)

However claiming there was a compromise is rather insulting, you simply gave an option and people took it. There was no debate, nor example of the previous version vs the new alteration. Then of course decided it wouldn't be set times, but instead based on when the server comes online meaning it alternates based on server's reboot.

8. ramos117

ramos117 New Member

Kolka bro, you're not being fair in any way. If you had put 50% at all times that would've been more than fair. It would've made seraps/cadry drop half their price, and you know what, I bet everyone that wants SD would've been OK with it. I personally think that the way things where before were fine, you guys always strived for changes that made players active on the server. But when was the last time you logged in? Most people are just afk fishing/horse training, and on the weekends is the only time people get on to do RBF. I'm giving you the state of the game from a normal person who doesn't play all day but still puts in a good amount of hours every day.

Kolka I sincerely believe that if you do a variable of 6 hours with 4 SD resets a day at random intervals that change, or just randomize twice a day with 50 percent SD at all times it would incentivize players to actively grind in parties. It would also still be rewarding. Overnight I train 4 horses and breed them, most of the time I get two tier 8s and the rest tier 7s, that's 200m+ overnight, afk, doing nothing. Why should that be more rewarding than the people actively fighting for a spot in a group somewhere to grind, actively for x amount of hours? That's just my two cents man.

9. Inferion

Inferion Expert

Here we go again about SD this SD that.

10. ryx1968

ryx1968 New Member

I want ez money! :D

Regardless of what changes are made, I just enjoy whatever is on there. Don't rush to full PEN, it will only suck you dry and then quit. Take it slow and enjoy the damn server. Honestly, I'm happy cause I don't have to worry about buying Value Packs and Outfits with real money here.

Toenail likes this.