1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Golden Backpack, Gathering/Fishing Drop & Energy Consumption Nerf

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by mawendir, Nov 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mawendir

mawendir New Member

Hey everyone. I'll just share two pictures, one taken now, after the recent patch this morning and the other one this later night, right after the golden event starts. It's not a complaint, altough it'd be great if it has been buffed again. It's actually just to let people know what happened, as we have not been informed by the devs. In the first pic, I approx gained like 250-300m. Today, it's only 125m. So, I can assume that the drop rate has been reduced like 50%. The same goes for the fishing. Also, now we spend more energy than ever and I find it 50% more too, because it'd take me almost 2 hours to spend 200 energy, now takes only an hour. I'd not mind that actually, the faster the better because it gets boring to gather for 2 hours, even more with more energy. But since reduced gathering drop rates alongside with increased energy consumption, it became too much nerf suddenly. Plus, nothing has been changed on my character in one night. Here are some specs I have that you may need to know while I'm gathering and fishing;

Gathering: +1 Gathering Clothes, Gathering Master 10, 1 hour Drop Rate Increase Scroll, T3 Hedhehog, Lucky Steel Lumbering Axe, Level 7 Node, 5 Luck, 5 Gathering.
    Fishing: +2 Fishing Clothes, Splat Fisher's Clothes Set, +8 Balenos Rod, 5 Luck, 5 Fishing, T3 Polar Bear.

Before the patch last night:
    [​IMG]

After the recent patch now:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    Augustoatrit0 and Spawn9999 like this.
  2. Spawn9999

Spawn9999 New Member

3. RevelationsOn

RevelationsOn Proficient

If it ain't broke, there is nothing to fix. What is happening, thats a huge NERF for just a few hours? Now their planning to do some changes on horse training too lol

4. Spawn9999

Spawn9999 New Member

then let everything back again

RevelationsOn likes this.
  5. Augustoatrit0

Augustoatrit0 New Member

No have sense.... rly... he is only making lose player with these nerf...
    I produced 50k in shiny bottles just for this weekend, I waited 1 month for that ... and when does what they do ?!

6. sergio909

sergio909 Proficient

Lets nerf every single aspect of this game and let those who aleady have PEN's be much more unreachable for newcommers. Thats very smart move. Population on EU has dropped from almost 5k to 3500-3700. I think you should learn something from that...

ramos117 likes this.
  7. x9800

x9800 New Member

I'm actually regretting spending money to support the server. If only I knew about incoming nerfs back then...

ramos117 likes this.
  8. RevelationsOn

RevelationsOn Proficient

Honestly, this nerfs started when the SD was nerfed.
    Everything else was fine back then before they implemented the good changes in SD -_-

ramos117 likes this.
  9. x9800

x9800 New Member

I stared here on 15 Oct. And nerfs fall down just as soon as I liked game flow here and decided to spend money. Bad luck man, bad luck.
    Funny thing, SD was nerfed in 3 days from I started using it with friends. Gathering nerfed something like in a week from I started using it.
    So, in case of all people here, I won't ever touch horses, despite all temptation. XD

ramos117 likes this.
  10. Augustoatrit0

Augustoatrit0 New Member

So sad... but, let's go.
    Anyway, i spoke with Kolka now ... he told me that there was no nerf in the drops but rather more energy, "spend more in the case".... with that it makes you go reset more times and have the feeling of not making so much money .... that in fact it's the truth ... haeuhaeuh sad news =\

11. mawendir

mawendir New Member

Sorry but I don't believe that it has not been nerfed. Because if it was only because of energy consuming fast, it was the same last night too, it was 100% same 10 hours before. I mean, energy consumption thing didn't happen just this morning. It's been this way since days. Everything about energy consumption, tools I've been using, node I've been gathering at, clothes, gathering and luck rates, pets, scrolls I've been using and my gathering level and the time I spent to gather with this energy IS the same. Everything is the same. NOTHING has been changed in 10 hours except for the last patch. Except one thing has changed and that is the golden backpacks, sharps and hards I've gathered have been reduced to 50%. So, it's either a bug or they nerfed it. It's that simple.

12. Rah97

Rah97 New Member

Or it could be bad RNG?

13. x9800

x9800 New Member

I think increasing energy usage for gathering, while server economy just barely breathing from lack of resources, was silly. I used to sell my gathered resources to MP, but now I just hoard it in warehouse, in case I need lots of it someday. And I think I'm not alone, who's doing that.

14. mawendir

mawendir New Member

Could have been if it happened one time, or maybe even few but it's what we get now and happens all the time.

15. MFDOOM

MFDOOM Getting there

So it seems a lot of these nerfs are to slow down the progress of players. But for what reasoning? The only thing i can imagine is trying to keep people playing longer, but quite honestly that makes little to no sense. Making the game more difficult and less accessible does NOT help with player retention. There's a reason multi-million dollar game studios who have done market research are streamlining their games and quite frankly making them easier. Because when a game is more approachable, players are more likely to try it and stay longer. When you're gutting these features we've all been so used too it makes it harder for us to want to stay, and harder for new players to want to start. Everything was fine 2-3 weeks ago, why fix it if it wasn't broken?

Quite frankly i don't believe these things aren't nerfed. At this point it isn't 1 or 2 people experiencing these big changes, it's a lot of us. The lack of communication alone proves changes are being made without us knowing or will ever know.

Irisena, Augustoatrit0 and x9800 like this.
  16. x9800

x9800 New Member

Well spoken, MfDoom.

17. mawendir

mawendir New Member

So, I tried again and again today, and this was the last time I do gathering until it gets fixed. Here's what I got now with the exact same specs that I mentioned in my first post. So, it's the proof that it is not a bad RNG or has anything to do with "luck". Total profit is approx 127m/h. As I said, I will not complain. But, it'd be just wonderful that if they would have asked us or let us know at least before a day before the event starts. I was getting prepared for weeks just for this event, bought drop rate increase scrolls, produced lucky lumbery axes, made my hadhehog T3, levelled up my node etc. It wasn't what I was expecting. Just imagine you do not have 100% drop rate and 50% drop amount increase scroll without event. With a simple math, it's likely to get around 40-60m with gathering without these both. So, here you go, the latest proof that it's either a nerf or a bug;

[​IMG]

18. Augustoatrit0

Augustoatrit0 New Member

i agreed completely! nice point

ramos117 likes this.
  19. Lnhzz

Lnhzz New Member

I like how the game seems to be easy here, and I like how the dev do his job, but... I do feel they lack on communicate and they need more staffers to manage the community. Also, improving their visual identity wouldn't be that bad.

ramos117 likes this.
  20. Korean

Korean New Member

Bring Back double kama at least it could be a good deal to balance thoses changes a bit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.