1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Disabling hide-name from Camo-Outfit

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by loboram, Dec 5, 2018.

?

Turn off Camo permanently OR Turn off Camo in open-world only?

Poll closed Dec 12, 2018.
  1. Turn off Camo permanently

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. Turn off Camo in open-world only

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I have been thinking a long time about this and it does seem to be true, for the most part since I generally hate generalizing, but every single player who has Player Killed (PK'd) me on sight has been wearing a Camo-outfit to hide their names and guild affiliation.

So since this is NOT retail Black Desert Online (BDO), why not simply disable that feature here on our community leaving the trolls with nowhere to hide their terrible deeds?

If it were disabled you would be able to spot your nemesis at a distance as well as be able to turn around before you get too close and they decide to abuse their gearscore to kill you.

I know that all the trolls and aggro kids are going to throw a hissy fit but since the game offers absolutely NO incentive to kill other players (that means you get NOTHING from PK'ing), then why have Camo at all?

The only place it is being horribly abused is in fact in all the places where there is actual PvP going on, like the Siege channel and the Red Battle Field, anywhere else it is utterly useless, I say abuse because the game also does not offer an easy way to spot your opponents among 50 other players crowding your screen.

So if we had to choose between either turning it off in the open-world, or turning it off permanently in the whole game, which would you choose?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  2. mrehn

mrehn New Member

And where is the "Don´t turn off Camo" button?

3. loboram

Please just read the post, if you cannot understand it then posting something like this is not my intention with it :p

4. onlydehaka

onlydehaka New Member

5. sergio909

sergio909 Proficient

The whole idea of Camo is that its hiding their user names, the mechanic that is a part of this game since its launch. Camo give you chance to survive anywhere outside safezones especialy if you are at war with Top rank guilds. It allows you to win fight for grind spot while preventing whole tryhard guild of your victim taking revenge on your weaker friends. It also make many spot invaders to think few times before they flag because they have no bloody idea who will they fight against. It also allow you to have some fun outside city, kill some AFK horse breeders and speak with them 5 mins later like friends because they had no idea it was you ;).

I see no point of making any changes with it. Your proposition atm sounds like "lets turn if off because it annoys me". Also you did nice job making the vote, choosing between YES or YES sounds like democracy ;). I just want to remind you that there is an item that let you check who hides under that sweet beloved camo called "Flare".

6. Nyaon2

Nyaon2 New Member

PERMA RED IS FUN part of the game don't get rid of camo lmao

7. Toenail

Toenail Proficient

I don't duel, PK nor do I initiate any PvP however I will defend myself when necessary and I find that open world PvP (including PKers) add a spice/zing to my open world BDO experience.
    I use the camo suits when grinding/gathering because they allow me to *hide* more effectively from other potentially dangerous players.
    That's my take on the camo suits anyway :).

loboram likes this.
  8. RevelationsOn

RevelationsOn Proficient

That's why I left my guild and went solo so I can full time do whatever I do where there are still stupid feeling high geared players who tries to kill me but as long as their not around 600GS nah, I can get them back lmao.
    While I do agree on there are these abusers out there, it still won't change the fact that bdo is an open world pvp. I did suggest a non pvp channel before but MOST people disliked the idea as they thought it would kill the server.
    Your options are to make friends with superior guilds and have them perma dec the other guilds that likes to abuse so you can get rid of these nemesis or go solo though if they just love abusing you, they prolly would still hunt you.
    Though I am not sure if the devs would like the idea since they usually just allow the abuse as I already experienced the same thing you are experiencing now but it would be great to turn it off at some places though. :)

loboram likes this.
  9. Boop

Boop Proficient

In my opinion in a private server that gives even F2P players free pearls every 30mins, camos are something everyone can get within a day of AFK..
    So while I understand your point (it sure can be annoying when you just get jumped out of flipping no where and die right away especially if it's a ninja or full PEN player etc.), I think in this server there isn't really a need to have such a feature. Since everyone can be camo'd if they bothered. That's my logic.
    Also I think removing the camo effect will kind of ruin the fun/exhilaration you get when fighting another player where you have to be constantly looking out for your enemy and be quick on your reactions, not knowing when/where they will strike or when/where you will get to strike. For me it feels more intense (more fun!) and closer to "real life" kind of combat because obviously IRL there wouldn't be any labels above your head. That's just me though.
    BUT I think it can be a toggle-able feature for our personal preferences, for example if I want my tags to be visible to everyone and not just my friends while I'm in full camos.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    loboram likes this.
  10. JonasPD

JonasPD New Member

Why is there no option for voting against turning it off? This way you only get the answers you want, and anyone who doesn't share your opinion and think people should be free to PK if that's what they want.
    IMO, this is BDO, not single player Minecraft, if I grind at a spot and someone starts competing me i'm gonna use the hard work i did to get high-end gear fast and flag them, if I lose then I back off (Switch ch), if I win and they keep coming I'll grief them, I don't do this to be a prick, but it's what open-world PvP is for. And I pretty much always use camo, to prevent any salt or extreme revenge were people come in 5's against me.

All this crying about being PK'ed, listen all you have to do is switch channel, how is that so hard?

11. Boop

Boop Proficient

Because the question was: "if we had to choose between either turning it off in the open-world, or turning it off permanently in the whole game, which would you choose?" ^^"
    He was asking about between those 2 options only.. if you want a 3rd option, it would be better to make a new poll to see what the community prefers in that different situation.

For me, I made the choice of "turn it off permanently" because there is not much point having it hidden in safe zones when you cannot get PK'd there anyways.

loboram likes this.
  12. loboram

Just vote or do not, there really is no need for useless posts like this one.

Just vote or do not, there really is no need for useless posts like this one.

Funny that you say "in my opinion" because my opinion of this reply is exactly what you thought my post was about; whining. However I did read what you meant to say before making that statement and it does sound reasonable as did the other posts in here that I liked.

So I made this about choosing whether it should be off all the time or just in open-world because that is what this post is about, if you want to make your own poll go right ahead :)

Now that I read the many replies I do get how Camo CAN be useful and make the game "more spicy" as someone put it, but I did this because I just wanted to see if I am the only one who thinks that there is NO reason at all to copy EVERYthing from retail BDO. I think there are many functions that just make the game more frustrating and makes some players leave the game alltogether because of their initial experiences, like making a character then as soon as they become level 50 and leave the a safezone they are killed. That makes new players to the game understandably confused but some still make it through that first bad experience only to have their game-time cut short the first time they have to do something in a contested area (somewhere players like to farm and Player Kill) where someone without empathy just systematically kills them over and over again. There is a great reason to leave the game and never try it again simply because there is no defense for a new player against such actions, they literally have no one to call on for help.

BUT as I already said I do -now- get how Camo is an optional thing that can be beneficial in some circumstances even for players who do not PK others on sight :)

Still does not make this poll any less relevant in my opinion, I just wanted to see how many thought as I initially did.

Boop likes this.
  13. sergio909

sergio909 Proficient

Dude, we speak about Black desert, not Aion...

loboram and RevelationsOn like this.
  14. loboram

As @sergio909 said, wrong game and wrong forum, sorry.

15. Zygmunt

Zygmunt Banned

Why don't you just test things before talking?
    Actually all your posts or answers to other people's posts look like you are here only to troll everyone.
    A player kills you? Press Y, go under Journal and check his guild, it cant be that hard to understand.
    Look at this screen, ghillie is disabled during rbf and during siege/nw.
    @Noyah idk if it's only me, but that guy is a troller, can you do something? I think i'm not the only one that's tired to read those posts.

[​IMG]

Owe likes this.
  16. BrettSinclair

BrettSinclair New Member

I really cant understand if this is a troll or you are genuinely asking for this feature.
    First you can see the name of the player that killed you even if he s wearing a camo and also looking on profile -> journal you can see name and guild of who killed you.
    Also did you really say camo is being horrbly abused in siege channel and in red battlefield? It doesnt work there

17. loboram

Hello there Zygmunt, that is a new name but an old way of talking at me. Would you happen to be one of the players who have already been banned at least once from here due to unreasonably abusive/harassing/trolling behavior?
    Well just like you I have an opinion however I do not go around personally harassing players for that aaaand yes I am absolutely sure that will trigger your troll instinct.

Hello BrettSinclair, you have made the exact same post here as the previous one, just wondering why?

Lastly to the both of you, I had NO idea that you could verify someone's name and guild affiliation through the Journal after having been Player Killed which by the way the game still does not reward in any way, OR that the Camo has FINALLY been disabled in the Red Battle Field and the Siege/NodeWars-channel. However you could have just posted that in response instead of making this a personal issue.

18. Zygmunt

Zygmunt Banned

Noone is taking this personally, just relax and stop trolling :D
    btw, i've never been banned because im not insulting/harassing anyone ^^

19. loboram

Not insulting or harassing?

Then this is JUST you personal opinion then?
    Aaand you felt your personal opinion was so important that you had to include a staff member in the post you made?

20. Zygmunt

Zygmunt Banned

Yes i wanted to include a staff member because it's always the same story with you.
    I want to say my last words, then i will not answer anymore because its useless to continue this thread.
    Next time you should TEST something before making a post like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.