1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Vote: Open-World-PvP

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by loboram, Dec 12, 2018.

Tags:
?

Open-World-PvP

1. Yes!

2. No!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Hello again GamezBD community, I am here to ask you all to vote on this topic for all forum users to see how the community feels about this aspect of the game: Open-World-PvP

I am absolutely sure that it is the main drive in some players minds and that they will leave the server if this is changed, but I do have to say to those people that this is only a poll and not an actual decision to make this happen, so please keep that in mind when you start flaming/trolling this post.

2. Umariya

Umariya New Member

Im just going to go play a FPS but without any weapons *shrug*

onlydehaka likes this.
  3. onlydehaka

onlydehaka New Member

We could also remove all kind of combat and we'd have the sims mmo.

4. loboram

:banghead: :argh: :bawling: :depressed: :dead:

(crazy) Well I did say that many players would be triggered...

5. Umariya

Umariya New Member

Its not about being triggered, its a Korean mmo that focuses on PvP.. And suggesting you take it out, takes away what little content the game already has. Why does someone primarily grind: To make silver. What do they need that silver for: Better gear. What do they need that better gear for: To protect their grind spot and grind harder areas. Why do they want to grind harder areas: To get BiS gear, Why do they want BiS gear: So they can have a better chance of winning PvP

6. sergio909

sergio909 Proficient

This is why Arsha channel has been added. You kinda have open world pvp there. Can slay everyone around and dont worry about karma.

loboram likes this.
  7. loboram

I do understand your worry, but then you aren't doing a good job of actually reading what I say, in other words you want to put meanings into my posts that are entirely your view on the subject.

THIS REALLY WORRIES ME, because how on Earth do you know what the original game designer had in mind? The game we have access to has been boiled down at least three times before it was destroyed by the NA/EU-market, first the concept, then the presentation and startup, then the actual first Korean version, only then do we get what the "white"-market wanted which is a MMORPG-game and may I please turn your attention to the fact that it was marketed as a RPG (RolePlayingGame). SO NO! The game is NOT a PvP sandbox for aggro-kids, lets get that straight once and for all, also I do not advocate for a complete ban of all players who Player Kill others, nor do I mean to shutdown the PvP-Specific things that are present in this game (as meant by the designer). ALL I wanted was to tell people that this is NOT a game based on mindless violence that WILL ruin a gaming experience: Say if you have never played a game like this before for instance and your first introduction to our server ends with you being killed multiple times by the same player simply because he/she/it is capable of doing so, NOT because it will reward the PlayerKilling-player in ANY way, NOT because it will effect the outcome of the PlayerKilling-player's "grind" as there will ALWAYS be more "mobs" to kill for that player since it is just a matter of respawning. Now I do get the terrible feeling of ownership some players may have over certain areas that they like to play in, but on the grand scheme of things in the game it will never actually affect a player's ability to "grind" if another player is in the area, it may become a problem if there are several players or even several groups of players, yes then it does become a problem however our community and actively playing players are not enough to not fit into the 4 channels of gameworld that we have access to at the moment. The only reason to have the feeling of being encroached upon when "grinding" is that you feel as if this is YOUR game and no one elses, then it makes sense to chase and kill others for no benefits at all game-wise. The next thing you are going to tell me is that the game does not take into account the limited game-time some players have and in order to "maximize" your game-time speding you HAVE to kill other players who will -according to you- slow down your "grind" by limiting how many "mobs" you can kill in the limited game-time you have. In my opinion this is the very core of the problem; How to play this game?

Are you really going to tell me that there is only "one-way-to-play" EVERY single game in the entire world, or that this game is so particular that it is the only game in the world that has only "one-way-to-play" it?
    If so then I have no other choice but to call bullshit on that statement.

Now that I have clarified my point of view, I hope you can understand that MANY many players come to our community in the hopes of playing a mmoRPG and not to get rudely treated when doing RolePlaying in the open-world or to be PlayerKilled over and over again as they have experienced on the "official" version (retail NA/EU-BDO), most of all because this is NOT retail-BDO!
    So let's celebrate that fact with all the special things about our server, as the wonderful non-deadly-horse-base-jumping (without a parachute), like the fantastic +1000 extra weight allowance from the Valuepack, or the magnificent horse-rider-auto-diving-breathing that enables you to RIDE your horse to the pirate island to do battle there and back again. There could be more things like this that make our server stand out against those drab and cheap imitations of the "official" version on other Private Servers, because if that is all you want then by all means go there and take your aggro-minded-game-play with you :)

8. loboram

I do understand your worry, but then you aren't doing a good job of actually reading what I say, in other words you want to put meanings into my posts that are entirely your view on the subject.

THIS REALLY WORRIES ME, because how on Earth do you know what the original game designer had in mind? The game we have access to has been boiled down at least three times before it was destroyed by the NA/EU-market, first the concept, then the presentation and startup, then the actual first Korean version, only then do we get what the "white"-market wanted which is a MMORPG-game and may I please turn your attention to the fact that it was marketed as a RPG (RolePlayingGame). SO NO! The game is NOT a PvP sandbox for aggro-kids, lets get that straight once and for all, also I do not advocate for a complete ban of all players who Player Kill others, nor do I mean to shutdown the PvP-Specific things that are present in this game (as meant by the designer). ALL I wanted was to tell people that this is NOT a game based on mindless violence that WILL ruin a gaming experience: Say if you have never played a game like this before for instance and your first introduction to our server ends with you being killed multiple times by the same player simply because he/she/it is capable of doing so, NOT because it will reward the PlayerKilling-player in ANY way, NOT because it will effect the outcome of the PlayerKilling-player's "grind" as there will ALWAYS be more "mobs" to kill for that player since it is just a matter of respawning. Now I do get the terrible feeling of ownership some players may have over certain areas that they like to play in, but on the grand scheme of things in the game it will never actually affect a player's ability to "grind" if another player is in the area, it may become a problem if there are several players or even several groups of players, yes then it does become a problem however our community and actively playing players are not enough to not fit into the 4 channels of gameworld that we have access to at the moment. The only reason to have the feeling of being encroached upon when "grinding" is that you feel as if this is YOUR game and no one elses, then it makes sense to chase and kill others for no benefits at all game-wise. The next thing you are going to tell me is that the game does not take into account the limited game-time some players have and in order to "maximize" your game-time speding you HAVE to kill other players who will -according to you- slow down your "grind" by limiting how many "mobs" you can kill in the limited game-time you have. In my opinion this is the very core of the problem; How to play this game?

Are you really going to tell me that there is only "one-way-to-play" EVERY single game in the entire world, or that this game is so particular that it is the only game in the world that has only "one-way-to-play" it?
    If so then I have no other choice but to call bullshit on that statement.

Now that I have clarified my point of view, I hope you can understand that MANY many players come to our community in the hopes of playing a mmoRPG and not to get rudely treated when doing RolePlaying in the open-world or to be PlayerKilled over and over again as they have experienced on the "official" version (retail NA/EU-BDO), most of all because this is NOT retail-BDO!
    So let's celebrate that fact with all the special things about our server, as the wonderful non-deadly-horse-base-jumping (without a parachute), like the fantastic +1000 extra weight allowance from the Valuepack, or the magnificent horse-rider-auto-diving-breathing that enables you to RIDE your horse to the pirate island to do battle there and back again. There could be more things like this that make our server stand out against those drab and cheap imitations of the "official" version on other Private Servers, because if that is all you want then by all means go there and take your aggro-minded-game-play with you :)

9. Impatient

Impatient New Member

That is one of the core ideas of the game and was intended as it is. There's also a purpose behind no pvp before leveling to 50. You are warned when leveling to 50 that you will be subject to it, and thus, accepting it and leveling anyway, well...... it's just how it goes.

10. loboram

WOW! :banghead: :facepalm:
    THAT is your mentality? I simply cannot find the words without insulting you so I will not...
    What I can do is tell you to PLEASE read the post previous to this one :)

11. Impatient

Impatient New Member

First, you really think an insult would hurt my feelings? lol. I've dealt with this server far more than you realize. I'm also not a special snowflake that can't handle puny insults. I will also expect the same from everyone else.
    I have. I have also read all of the others from other posts as well. You can't expect writing threads and not get varying opinions. It would be wiser to accept the fact that everyone has one, as well as the fact they have a right to express them.
    One more point my inferior mind will point out here. What makes you think you were the one I was commenting to? Arrogance does not become you ;)
    While you make some good points on some of your threads, you also seem to not like a tall when someone's opinions or comments don't agree with yours. Conversations should never be one sided.

12. loboram

Well as you pointed out about opinions I disagree with this very strongly, there is no need to be "a special snowflake" (a quote from a novel called Fight Club 1996) in order to have an opinion that is against the mainstream belief that the internet is where you go to hurt other people's feelings for fun or just because "it is the internet". Be more than the total sum of idiocy that is mass mentality, be an actual person instead is my opinion.
    Sorry but in my opinion there is no other way to see the previous post as NOT being a comment on my original post, you state that it is about the leveling up beyond level 49 that is the problem according to you and implicate therefore that if I do not want Open-World-PvP I should simply NOT level beyond level 49. Also at NO point do I tell you that you are inferior, that was entirely you.
    No one does :p
    But in all fairness I welcome wellcrafted answers and will frequently admit that I was wrong about things that I misunderstood or simply did not know enough about :)